Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292.5/277.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default 7 Lbs. In 10 days?

I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience, not that I'm complaining! I wrote a prior post a week ago about how I was in a stall and then lost 4 lbs. in five days after changing my RM to earlier in the day. Since I last wrote that post, I have lost 3 lbs. more in the past week. Making that a total of 7 lbs. lost in about 10 days. I'm wondering how I'm losing it so quickly when I have been on CALP since the end of September and was only losing like 5 lbs. a month in October & November? I realize I may plateau again but to go from losing 5 lbs. from Nov. 2-Dec. 3 and then now 7 lbs. in 10 days, it's very strange. Even if I changed my RM to earlier, it still is a lot for such a short period of time. Thanks for the help and Good Luck to everyone!

Last edited by gingerbear : Sat, Dec-14-02 at 13:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 12:28

Plan: own version of LC
Stats: 180/163/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Can't help you much with an answer to your question.

Just wanted to say Congrats! on your 7 pounds

Think I'll try eating my RM earlier after this week.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

I lost 8 pounds within the first 2 weeks. It came off no matter what I ate during my RM.

Now that it has slowed down, I have to be more careful, especially with tooo much salt!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 21:30
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Ginger, You've given me hope. I would love to lose 5pounds in a month. 7pounds in 10 days is more than I could hope for, that's wonderful.

Obviously I haven't had that experience and couldn't think of a logical reason for it. Do you eat about the same things during the day now, and have the same activities?

How early do you have your RM, yep, I'm planning to eat whenever it is that you eat.
Nancy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 08:50
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I've been on CAD a long time. The best/fastest weight loss I've ever experienced has been from eating my RM at lunch. I think it's because you have the rest of the day to burn off the calories. The later you eat your RM, the more those calories stay with you as your metabolism naturally revs down the later in the day it gets. There is an old, old, old saying: For good health--Fast (breakfast) like a king, dine (lunch) like a prince, and sup (supper) like a pauper. A lot of those of sayings make sense if you think about them.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 04:30

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

thats it then Im doing it this week.
that quote is also used in one of my favourite LC books. Barry Groves " eat fat get thin"

thanks gingerbear. I thought for a while that RM would suit me best but have been doing it for dinner for convenience.
reading your post has given me the encouragement to get on with it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 05:25
Registered Member

BF:

You guys are all so nice, thanks for the praise and encouragement! Here is what I have been eating since the weight has been dropping off:

10-11 AM: 2 slices of American Cheese (cut from the deli)

1-2 PM (varies between): RM. I eat whatever I want. I try to eat a salad but don't always. I don't balance 1/3 all the time either, maybe like a third of the time I balane it but not hardly. I know some of you do but my friend who did CAD lost 50 lbs. and she said you didnt need to eat the 1/3 and always have a salad. I adopted this WOE since inception of CAD in September and it's been totally fine for me.

6-7: Chicken and a small salad or more sliced cheese and sliced turkey. Tonight I had a small handful of peanuts, a Vlasic Kosher Dill pickle and 2 pieces of American Cheese.

* I always eat dessert every day at my RM
* I always drink a Coke or Mountain Dew at my RM
* I never drink Diet Soda during the day only water except at RM

I hope it continues but it helped me drop 7 in 10 days like I said. I honestly think it was because of making my RM in the early afternoon instead of 5-6 PM at night. I can say that it's been slightly harder not to give it to that carb craving at 7-8 PM but I just tell myself that tomorrow is only 16 hrs. away and I can have whatever I want.

Let me know if anyone has anymore questions!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 147/138/105 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Changed my RM Time

Well, I decided to change my reward meal from dinner to lunch. I am so glad that I did. I started on Monday with a weight of 138 and when I stepped on the scale this morning it said 133....YEAH!!!!! I may not be going about it totally right but it is working. My Menu:
Breakfast: usually a couple of eggs...fried or scrambled, with bacon or sausage.....usually about 7:00 a.m.

Lunch (RM): I eat whatever I want as long as it is within an hour. I don't eat a salad because I hate salads. Yesterday for lunch, I had a large pita taco, cheese dip and chips, a coke, and a slice of peanut butter/chocolate pie.

Dinner: If I am even hungry, I'll just snack on a few pieces of cheese or eat whatever kind of meat I have fixed for the family.

Having the RM at lunch is definetly the way to go for me!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 13:22
Registered Member

BF:

CINDYCM, Congratulations on a 5-lb loss, WOW! Now that others are losing by changing their RM to earlier, I can see that it was the key to quicker loss. Your diet sounds very similar to mine, that is generally what I eat. I have been eating cheese for breakfast but only because I don't eat until 11 or so. BUT, I may start forcing myself to eat eggs/sausage or bacon early in the AM in order to get my metabolism going earlier.

That's really fantastic and congratulations once again on your loss!! Keep up the good work!