Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 08:23

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default *deep breath*.........switching from Atkins~

Hello everyone~
Well............have decided to switch from Atkins. It worked for me for a long time but it's been several months of no lose and I am getting frustrated. Sticking to induction as I have all along and no changes since beginning of Sept. I will buy the book tonight and probably stay up reading all night..........and these posts too...........feeling optimistic and hopeful~
........hope springs eternal does it not?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 08:26
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi -

You should check out Sharks journal - he rotates his regime to keep his body losing.

Either way... let us know how it goes for you. I looked into CAD but it seems to difficult for me although the reward meals do look VERY enticing.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 08:45
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome to the family. The rest of the gang will be along soon to say howdy!

Any questions, any problems just ask. We're all in this together!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 08:51

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi, Allura.....glad you found us. Please let us know how we can help you as you make your decision.....

This plan is about as simple as it can get. There's a lot of good conversation on the "Switch" thread....be sure to read it!

Take care....
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 08:54

BF:
Default Thanks all~

Hi!!
Thanks very much...........I really appreciate the support.........am reading, reading reading.........I feel good about it~
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 09:43

BF:
Default feel like crying~

I have been reading the posts in this section for about an hour........for some reason I realized I was sitting here with tears in my eyes.........
........feels like relief~
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 14:44
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Allura,
You've already done an absolutely amazing job of losing weight. I hope this new WOE works for you. It seems like most of us are trying carbohydrate addicts as something of a last hope and feel the same hopefulness and relief that you expressed.

Keep us posted!
Nancy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 15:54
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Allura D

I hope this is your way. If it is for you, it will be the easiest WOE you have ever been on. Give it a trial. You should know very soon. NO MORE HUNGER. NO MORE CRAVINGS.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 16:16

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello

I made the switch on Monday. I am enjoying the change. Just to be able to eat whatever I want in reason is fantastic. I still stick to some of the Atkins principals ie I make sure I include some fat in the non rm and I find that stops me being hungry. My weight has dropped 2 pounds since starting although I am up 2 this morning (due to upset system and not much bm). My body is having trouble adjusting to the change of food. And I am still in ketosis most of the time. Relax and enjoy. My promise to myself on this wol was to be Controlled in the rm.

Fantastic weight loss!!! Way to go!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 16:27

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Allura (BTW I love that name - I'm putting it in my notebook of names )

I just looked at your stats and you have done an awsome job! Hard to believe all from low-carbing (let the anti-LCers take THAT and shove it up their - never mind...)

I also made the switch a while ago from Atkins to CALP and I love it. I've recently restarted CALP after having strayed for a few months but so far I'm loving it all over again. I find that it gives me the best of all possible worlds - both the high protien which cuts my carb cravings drastically (I'm a big junk food binger...) and keeps me satisfied between meals - veggies which I love and was annoyed that Atkins limits them so much - hard cheeses which I LOVE - full-fat salad dressing, etc. (threw my non stick cooking spray right in the garbage...) so I don't feel deprived fishing out the nasty low-fat or no-fat stuff. And the RM lets me have my sweets at the end of the day in a way that I can prove to myself I can eat them in moderation and not totally blow it.

All in all, a plan I think that is definately a life switch!

Have fun,
Tam
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 20:34

BF:
Default It was a good plan......on to something new~

Hi Tammay~
Thanks for the sweet words!! I am very hopeful that this will be something I will learn to live with......day one went pretty good. Bought the book tonight and am going to go read it in a few minutes. Glad to hear the plan works so well for you!! *keeping fingers crossed* Thanks for saying hi~ *s*
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi fellow CAD/CALP ers,

I am also new to this program. Today is my second day. Yesterday went well, after my RM I was sooo full. About three hours later, I wasn't hungry but, just out of habit was thinking what I could eat. I'm THE WORST late night eater! But I did not, I repeat, did not eat anything and it wasn't hard because I wasn't hungry. I just had to ignore that little voice in my head that is used too a sweet treat at night, even on Atkins I would have a LC treat, I think that was a lot of the reason why I didn't loose on Atkins.

Today was ok, at lunch I ate out. Had a salad from subway, usually they make them huge and they are satisfying. But for some reason today, it was pretty small. I had a Diet Pepsi w/it. Like an hour later I was a little hungry, kept on wanting to eat something. I really think it was the diet pepsi that did it though. I think it set off my insulin level. So, no more pop w/ CM, I think i can live with that. If I can have it at dinner I will be happy. I ate dinner over 3 hours ago, and I am still full! Haven't had any late night cravings either....YAAAA! I wish I knew if I have lost, don't own a scale for obvious reasons. Yesterday, I started my TOM so probably really haven't lost anyway. It's kind of weird though, usually I get really bad cramps, but it hasn't happened yet....hope i didn't speak too soon!

To Allura, good luck, I think that I made the right decision and I hope it works for you too. Congrats on you loss, that amazing!

Good luck to all!

Shelly
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:28

BF:
Smile Thanks everyone~

Nancy. need2b,Zuleikaa,shelly and everyone who gave me such a warm welcome to this forum~

Thanks very much!!

Wrote about today in my journal............finished my 1st ever RM a while ago.........OMG!! Is it normal to feel so stuffed??? Is it okay?? Should I be worried or nervous??? *LOL*

Aaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Not sure.........going to bed to read the book now......just bought it tonight.......the only bookstore mnear me did not have CAD so I had to buy calp, do you think that will be okay??? Will get the other one this weekend at a different store.......hopefully this will get and keep me going.

Hope you all had a great day.........taking my full tummy to bed........

#14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 21:58

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi, there..... yes, I think it's pretty common to feel overfull after RM. I had to work on eating less when I first started because I would be stuffed until the next day!

As to which book you have, it really doesn't matter much. All the Hellers' books have the exact same basis...restrict carbs to once/day and don't eat more than 4 times a day. All the rest of the plans and the salads and such are really not central to their plan. And the lists of LC and carbs are virtually identical from one book to the other, since 1991.

You will find as you read your books that there are about 4 pages that describe the way to do it, and the rest is "war stories". Inspiring, but not essential to your success. But pay very close attention to those few pages.....they are packed w/ vital information. Stick to the plan as they wrote it until you are well under way...then you can consider some options.

Take it easy, eat a bit less and get the principles firmly in mind and working for you, and you'll do just fine.

Take care....
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 22:19

BF:
Default day #2

Hi all, just checking in~
I did great today food wise, I think................but can't or haven't gotten over the weirdness of eating any "junk" and having it be okay...............feel like I am cutting my own throat here.........I am following the guidlines but after doing Atkins for so long this just feels so........."illegal"
Sorry if I sound neurotic............just such a change.....................I feel great otherwise..........never really got this full on Atkins either and that's a change..............but it's only day #2 and I did have a very easy time of it food wise today..............sorry to sound like a baby..........whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!