Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 12:33

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%
Default Back to the drawing board

Hello all!
Well, I'm back at it again <sigh>.
I've ballooned back up to my post-pregnancy weight (from 3 years ago!). I had successfully lost 35 lbs after the birth of my 2nd child but it was very difficult to lose this time around and I just couldn't budge below 200 lb without starving and exhaustive exercise. After my first child was born, I lost 55 lbs relatively easy following an Atkins style plan. But THIS post-pregnancy weight is VERY stubborn. Sooo, I gave up!!! After reading Matt Stone's blog about RRARF (Rehabilitative Rest and Aggressive ReFeeding) I decided to give myself myself a diet vacation for the past 6 months. And here I am, 39 pounds heavier. Ugh! But I had to do something extreme because I couldn't live on such an extreme diet forever. I really do think my body needed a break and a chance to reset/heal some of the dieting damage I've done to it for YEARS!
I've tried CAD/CALP several times in my low carb diet history. It was successful when I was in my early 20s but not since then. Hopefully, now, after my "diet vacation" I can start losing weight again on a moderately low carb plan. I just can't look at another low carb diet ever again, it literally turns my stomach, so I'm hoping this will work.
I hope to be active on this board again. Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 15:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
welcome back. I think you posted here under another screen name-
but thanks for the story.
There is the Golden Shot- it was on LC Luxery years ago-
that the first time on LC is the best. I haven't gone off since I started, but soooo many other people have posted that it is harder- slower- to lose when they come back to LC. But they also talk about how good they feel- no cravings and feel more energy- on LC again.
so come over and post A LOT.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 16:49

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Just stopping by to say "welcome"!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-12, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
welcome back. I think you posted here under another screen name-
but thanks for the story.

Thank you for the welcome! It's good to be back! No, I've never been under a different screen name. I've been on this board, on and off, for almost 9 years (yikes!) and I'm still fat, lololol <sigh>.
So far, so good. Down a pound since yesterday. I've been feeling bloated and TOM came so that helped. I'm following CAD right now (eating whatever I want for my hour) but I wonder if I'm in the minority? Do most people here follow CALP?
I had about 8 chocolate chip cookies last night during my hour so I was glad to see the scale move in a favorable direction this morning!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 09:43

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Blenders! I wanted to say I can relate to so much of your post! After I've had these 2 kiddos, losing weight has been so much harder.
I also eat whatever I want in my RM!! I couldn't just have another CM with a side of carbs- no thanks. I don't doubt it works but low carb tends to churn my stomach too if I had to do it all day. I love eating a carb rich meal for breakfast too I think the weight loss might be slower this way but it's a liveable way for me to follow. I don't like red meat, and mostly only enjoy seafood, chicken, and tofu.
The scale wasn't budging for me and I was trying to limit my free meal- I've actually now noticed that the more I eat for my reward meal, the more weight I lose. (Well, you know, within reason).
It seems like we're following it very similarly- I hope (wait, positive words, *I KNOW*) we will have amazing results

Are you exercising? Haven't added it in here but I want to
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Are you exercising? Haven't added it in here but I want to

Yes, a little. I'm just going to the gym once a week and only doing weight training. No cardio for me! I hate doing it and I think it's boring and (imho) I don't think it's as effective at reducing weight as weight training.
I would like to start doing some pilates or yoga but it depends if it fits into my schedule.
I read a book back in the day called: Slow Burn. I forget the author but I think the Eades of Protein Power wrote the intro or helped co-author it or something. That's initially where I got my idea of weight training once a week. It's about all I can manage right now.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 13:59

Quote:

The scale wasn't budging for me and I was trying to limit my free meal- I've actually now noticed that the more I eat for my reward meal, the more weight I lose. (Well, you know, within reason).

That's interesting what you say about having a big RM and losing more weight. These past 3 days, I've been having a date shake (ice cream, dates, milk) with my eggs and toast and I've been down each consecutive day. My weight will usually fluctuated up and down especially after I see a new low on the scale that I haven't seen in a while. I also estimated my calories to be about 1963 these past few days with my shake addition, so I by no means am eating any less!
Love this diet!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 14:06

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

OMG the date shake sounds AMAZZIIINGG Haha I might have to try that some day soon!! Do you eat both CMs or just one after your RM?? Yesterday I had only one other meal and ended up dropping (only .2 but still a drop). I am considering trying that for a while.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 14:22

Quote:
Do you eat both CMs or just one after your RM?? Yesterday I had only one other meal and ended up dropping (only .2 but still a drop). I am considering trying that for a while.

Yes, I usually eat 2 CMs. I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories so I don't want to skimp on my CM meals. There have been a couple times that I just wasn't hungry enough for my second CM so I skipped it. But since I'm usually hungry for it, I eat it. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode (or even a hint of it) if I skip a meal. It would be just too long in between meals for me. I don't want to be overly hungry by the next mealtime. I've done the whole intermittent fasting (IF) and it was hard, especially being on Atkins and exercising almost every day. I was exhausted. I don't want to go that route again.