Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-12, 10:55

Plan: CADL
Stats: 161.6/154/135 Female 64
BF:41%/38.5%/?
Progress: 29%
Default New Here Just Started CALP

I just wanted to introduce myself! I stumbled on the CALP book at a thrift store by accident. So grateful I did! I read it and began the program last Monday. After one week I am already down over 3 pounds! For me that is remarkable.

I never struggled with weight until my 30's and 40's. I am now 52 and two years post menopausal. I have been trying to take off the 30 pounds I have gained by different methods at different times. The last big effort I made last year I followed another plan to a tee and did not lose one pound nor one inch in two months. That has seemed to be how the different plans I have tried have gone. Now I know why! I'm a carb addict and none of the other plans addressed that. I scored 50 out of 50 on the test, so no question there!

I am excited to see the scale move already and I am finding this plan very easy to follow. I do have some questions and will post along as they come up. Just wanted to get started with an introduction. I'm glad to have found this group!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-12, 14:09
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

welcome! Your experience is not that unusual- if you are insulin resistant low carb is like a miracle!
So glad you found this forum- amazing resource.
Post LOTS and ask anything!
E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-12, 15:20

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Welcome, Brea!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-12, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

[QUOTE=brea7347]I just wanted to introduce myself! I stumbled on the CALP book at a thrift store by accident. So grateful I did! I read it and began the program last Monday. After one week I am already down over 3 pounds! For me that is remarkable.

I never struggled with weight until my 30's and 40's. I am now 52 and two years post menopausal. I have been trying to take off the 30 pounds I have gained by different methods at different times. The last big effort I made last year I followed another plan to a tee and did not lose one pound nor one inch in two months. That has seemed to be how the different plans I have tried have gone. Now I know why! I'm a carb addict and none of the other plans addressed that. I scored 50 out of 50 on the test, so no question there!

I am excited to see the scale move already and I am finding this plan very easy to follow. I do have some questions and will post along as they come up. Just wanted to get started with an introduction. I'm glad to have found this group![/QUOTE

Sounds a lot like me. Welcome.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-12, 14:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi iakaren! WELCOME!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 06:28
Registered Member

BF:

Glad to be here. There doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter among CAD people, or not a lot of us......

I just went back thru my daily weights, and since September, I am down a solid 2.5 lbs.....scale is down 3.5, but I am going by weekly average this time around. By the book!!!

Glad to chat with people.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 09:47
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
there are not a lot of us, and it takes posts to chat!
The Hellers have not done a great job of getting the plan out there- and it has been vilified by other plans and authors. I think it is fantastic- and glad you like it too-
E
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 11:34

Plan: CADL
Stats: 161.6/154/135 Female 64
BF:41%/38.5%/?
Progress: 29%

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm almost through my second week and have to say this is amazing! I've never lost weight this easily and this quickly. I'm already down over five pounds!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 21:55
Registered Member

BF:

Sounds like you are getting along well, Brea7347. Stick with it, and it will work. I made the mistake of abandoning it couple years ago, and gained back 15 lbs. Now trying to figure out way to make my life work with this way of eating.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 08:24

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Welcome brea and iakaren!

Brea we have the same goal weight, maybe we can push eachother? I write in my journal here and sometimes post in the daily thread.

iakaren- I am guilty of going off and on this diet too. It has worked for me in the past, I don't know why I abandon it at times. It's so easy to gain. I think I get a little overconfident and complacent once I reach my goal or have lost a few lbs. I need to be like Enomarb, this is a lifestyle for her.

I think the support is really key to staying on track.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 13:07

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Belated welcome. I hope you will find CAD or, as I follow, CALP to be the answer for you. I LOVE this way of eating, it most definitely helps me feel my best, when I'm firmly on plan.

A lot of folks chat in the hour power thread, and I post daily (unless I take a break as I just did) in my journal (an option I highly recommend).