Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 07:42

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Learning

.Today is day #3 of CAD for me and the last two days for my RM I have had ice cream. I know what garbage white sugar is and processed flour, etc...went temporarily insane I think with the "freedom" to have whatever I want............and I don't know about for you but for me............as a sugar junkie.........what do I go straight for??? You got it!!

So........I have to go grocery shopping in a few minutes..........going to try my best to go for the good complex carbs.................going to the health food store too and get some good grains to cook with, etc...
I had to remember that I am doing this WOE not only to lose weight but to treat my body better for the long haul.

More than anything on Atkins I missed fruit.........have I had any in the last two days of my new woe..........no!! Because it was hiding behind the ice cream and candy!!

*crooking finger*........Come here little melon, I see you!!!

Do you ever feel that life is one big series of learning the same lessons over and over again?? *s*
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 01:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Heya!

Hi Allura,

I am somewhat new to CAD and the low carb woe, but I can feel ya when you read the book with tears.

I went from a size 8 to a size 18 in less than two years (mostly due to medication). I, like others, have tried almost ALL the low fat diets there are, and failed miserably. As I read the CAD book, I bawled my eyes out, cause it was explaining everything I had been going through! I still feel soooo lucky that I found it, as it has been EVERYTHING it says it is, and more.

I went from being the craving queen (DH will vouch for that) to NO cravings, in three days on CAD. I am no longer hungry in between meals, and get fuller SOO much faster. I have also been able to eat so many more things that have always been forbidden in the past. Lol, my first day on CAD was the first time my fat gram intake went above 50 in over a year!!! And I lost 3 pounds the first day!!!

Well, I am only almost three weeks into it, and already I've dropped almost 13 pounds. I'm LOVING this woe, and hope that it is the right one for you too....

Anyways, wanted to share my story, hoping you'll realize that this plan is truly the EASIEST out there. I LOVE IT!! Hahahaha.. I should be a spokesperson for the Hellers! Lol
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 07:31

BF:
Smile *s* Thanks Cassie~

Hi Cassie~
Wow!! That is fantastic!!! You are doing great!!!

I'm sure this IS the plan for me.........I think this is day 4. I feel terrific.........no cravings at all, hunger is no problem at all. I love it!! I was nervous in the beginning, first two days because it goes so against the Atkins "grain"
I did Atkins fo a long time, over two years and it worked great for a long time and I got thru some times of no lose. But the last stall was well over two months.........it's too hard to be that strict and not see any results.
I feel better after 3 days than I have in a very long time.
Thanks for the encouragment and I am happy for you too!! I'd love it if you kept in touch~
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Goodmorning everyone,

Allura, you must be so proud of yourself, you've lost ALOT of weight! That is a huge accomplishment! I hope that my dreams of loosing that much will become a reality some day.

Cassie, reading your post gave me even more faith in CAD. You've had great results. I love success stories!!

Today is my fifth day on CAD. Just ended TOM, not sure if I've lost at all. I don't own a scale because I know I would be very obsessive weighing myself all the time.

One thing I do know is that I have had zero cravings. My hardest time not to eat is at night. I'm a huge sweet eater at night, but I have manged not to for the past four nights, I must admit, that is probably the longest I've ever gone!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 08:25

BF:
Default feeling good~

Well........today is day #6 I think of CAD..............I initially gained 5 lbs, overnight.,..........and I am down 2 of them now..........I feel great...........I started going to Curves last night....and will be doing that three times a week........I plan on doing just what I am and hanging in there for the long haul.
Posting my pics in the journal was a big step for me and I think I have finally switched my thinking into a more realistic mode.........this is a lifetime thing and the time is going to pass anyway........I might as well make progress, however slow, weight wise, if I can do this forever.
Posting the pics was hard because I always escaped reality somehow as far as my weight was concerned........now, being here on this forum with so much wonderful support and common experience I finally feel free to be honest with you and most importantly with myself.
Just wantd to thank everyone for being so supportive and "there"......for the first time in my adult life I believe that there really is a good chance that I will actually get to my goal~
Thank you~
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 13:56

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Allura and Everyone!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but reading through it just now reminded me of why this forum is so important to our success. Have you ever seen a bigger bunch of supportive, accepting and helpful people in your life? And, the best part is that everyone is willing to share whatever they know to make others successful. It's nice knowing we're all in this together!!

OK...........so that's my sappy message for the day, and I'm sticking to it!!

Keep up the good work everyone! Allura--your loss is amazing!!