Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-18, 03:54
Registered Member

Plan: KETO
Stats: 252/252/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Well Hello again

Like many of us, I gave Atkins a go many years ago. Just been looking back and I think my first entry was 2004. How I wish I was back there now. I'm 50 now and have gained all the weight I lost. I did slimming world a couple of years ago and again lost some, then gained it again and found some more. This year I was on SSRI's for about 6 months, and that hasnt helped, so gained a little more. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. My eldest daughter has just qualified as a nurse and bullied me into getting bloods done. So that was the nudge I needed. I knew what the nurse would say 'loose some weight', so after having the tests decided Low Carb or Keto it was.

Well that was a month ago. I have lost about 4pounds only and am disappointed. I have been really strict with what I eat, but never get into ketosis. I've read all the blogs to see what I'm doing wrong, but cant pinpoint anything. I even bought a blood glucose monitor which measures keytones, and it never records above 0.5. In fact only the other morning on waking I took a sample and it only measured 0.1. I had been really strict the previous evening too.

To top all this my bloods came back and I'm now classified as Pre-diabetic. Again I shouldnt be surprised as my dad is Type 2 and only found out about 5 years ago (74 years old).

I'm looking for some like minded members to befriend and offer some support. Not sure why I'm struggling the way I am. It worked before and everything I read it should be working now.

Thanks

Jacqui
Sponsored Links