Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 03:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Tom Has Arrived And Have Not Lost A Pound In 8 Days It Is So Frustrating

: Hey u all, first found your forum last week and it is brilliant, started my menstrual period last friday, and up to today have not lost a pound, it is so frustrating and anoying also my ketosis sticks have gone from dark purple,maron to light purple , in fact it says moderate on the ketosis srtips, due to finish any day now how long will it take to start losing again, plese someone tell me ths is normal feel like giveing up, when i was on a low cal diet i lost 50 pounds 4 months and still lost when on my menstrual cycle, i lost 14 pounds in the first 9 days on the atkins this time andi have been really strict with my self around 1700 clas and 20 gr carbs, so what is the problem, plesse help me to inderstand this so i dont give up, thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 04:00

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

i too am new to atkins, but heres what ive been told "give your body time to adjust" b/c your weight loss will slow down, your body will try to "hold on " the carbs you do still have in your system thinking you are starving it until your body adjust. and about your TOM.... its probably water weight i gained 8 lbs on my TOM
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 04:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/197/145 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Don't get discouraged. I gained 4 last week just before and I just got it off this morning plus 1. It will start back up so just be patient. They say to drink more water to conteract the water you're retaining so try that. Most of them on here say it takes 4-5 days or so more to see the weight leave, Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 05:54
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/259.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Get a tape measure please.

I went quite a bit without seeing any downward movement on the scale. It went up with TOM. But I kept track of my measurements weekly. All during that time the scale wasn't moving, I lost inches in different places. I'm still only about 5 pounds lighter than I was 5 weeks ago, but I'm down a pants size and have been able to get some of my old clothes out of the closet.

I lost most of the 5 pounds the week after my period was over.

Hang in there!

Beth
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 05:59
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%
Unhappy I feel your pain.

Roch,

I know how you feel, things wouldn't be so bad if after TOM had left some of the weight went with him! At least that is what I was expecting! But nooooooo, its come and gone over a week now and the scale is not moving! Just bouncing around within the same pound or so. I want to pick up the dam scale and throw it out the window!
I stay between 20 to 25 carbs, the thing should be moving!
The sticks are purple, so I try to take to heart that I am at least losing inches.. wish I had measured myself so I would know! I will make a deal with you, I will be patient if you will, and we shall give it another month (OK, maybe more than that) to "let our bodies catch up that us". Reading the boards, it seems to happen to a lot of people, as frustrating as it is, it is most likely the best coarse in the long run. I will just keep telling myself I weigh less than a month ago, when I started this WOL!