Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 11:50

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

69 gm of protein this morning. 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 5 extra thick rashers of bacon and a can of Louisiana hot sauce sardines because I didn't make it to the grocery yesterday.

I had less than 5 hours of sleep last night, thanks to a certain man. It was fun but now I want a nap and it's not even 10 am.

Brisket sounds good. I don't normally think of it for breakfast but beefy sounds nice. Did you cook it sous vide? What temp, how long?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 12:29
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Wow! That's a good reason to lose sleep! Yay!

My sous vide is broken. Still waiting for my replacement controller.

I smoked then cooked it on my Traeger grill. Smoked it for about 4 hours, then cooked for a couple. It was still tough as hell, so I put it in the crockpot all day.

Now it is much better and very smoky and flavorful!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 15:30
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
69 gm of protein this morning. 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 5 extra thick rashers of bacon and a can of Louisiana hot sauce sardines because I didn't make it to the grocery yesterday.
oh my, this breakfast sounds yummy!!
i found the most awesome canned sardines in town. they're whole, they're soft, they're packed in olive oil with a little red chili in it.. they're the best i found.. Morrocan.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 20:00
Experimenter

BF:

Maybe it's just random and not the diet, but I felt really smart today. I had a super productive day.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 08:56
Experimenter

BF:

3 1/2 brats this morning = 45.5 g of protein.

It was easier to get down than the eggs and brisket.

Oh yes, down 1.4 pounds today, but not surprising, I was coming off a carb... uh... load from a few days ago. Yeah, load, that's the ticket! All right, I ate a chocolate bar.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Wed, Dec-14-11 at 10:27.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 10:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
oh my, this breakfast sounds yummy!!
i found the most awesome canned sardines in town. they're whole, they're soft, they're packed in olive oil with a little red chili in it.. they're the best i found.. Morrocan.

That sounds delicious. The Louisiana hot sauce sardines have a good flavor but some of the cans have just 3 big sardines in them. I don't like the big ones because biting down on a big fish scale creeps me out. Some of the cans have small sardines, but never tiny. I got a case of them for practically nothing -- I think it was a pricing error and I took advantage.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 10:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
3 1/2 brats this morning = 45.5 g of protein.

It was easier to get down than the eggs and brisket.

Oh yes, down 1.4 pounds today, but not surprising, I was coming off a carb... uh... load from a few days ago. Yeah, load, that's the ticket! All right, I ate a chocolate bar.

You can't feel too bad about chocolate, especially if it's dark, there's lots of good stuff in there too.

I saw brats on sale at the market yesterday and the front of the package said "gluten free" so I threw them in my cart. This morning I flipped over package to see that they have 3 gm of carb each. <sigh> They taste sweet, too. Blech.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 12:42

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there, I've been reading up on this subject and the tread and am liking what I read. Is everyone still full till supper? I get up at 6:45 am and don't eat till lunch and then have supper at 6pm. To me, almost 12 hours is a long time with out eating, during wake hours. I don't have any problems eating supper and going 18 hours till my first meal, though. If I eat breakfast, usually I'm hungry around 1-2 in the afternoon. I'm sorry, I know I'm screwed up

How is everyone handling holiday gatherings? All of my family events are at lunch, its buffet style and everyone brings something. I'm expected to eat, I normaly take and eat totally LC at these events. I don't know if I could sit there and watch everyone eat, even if I wasn't hungry. How is everyone handling it?
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 13:44
Experimenter

BF:

I usually have a light lunch about 7-8 hours after breakfast.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 18:30

BF:

I read more and he said you could eat a 3rd meal if you were hungry. Most start out with 3 meals and learn that there not hungry in time. I like the idea of being able to skip a meal. I skip breakfast, wouldn't think it would be that hard to eat breakfast and skip lunch.

I think at family functions, anyone would get hungry smelling, seeing and being around people eating. Why beat myself up? I think a little bit of LC foods at the lunch, family events would be fine.

He also said its devistating and sets you back several weeks if you fall off the wagon. This is the first time, I've stuck with LC for a whole week. I have to wonder if I can/do stick with his plan for several months, hate to say it, but kinda mind boggling I do like the idea though.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 21:13
Experimenter

BF:

I can't imagine it's any worse than falling off any other low carb plan. Maybe because he assumes people will go back and eat grains, gluten and non-paleo stuff again. Yeah, that can be a painful mistake.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 09:34

BF:

I did stress myself out last night and ate a bag of chocolate covered caramel bells. I've never gone over a week, I made it to a week and one day this time

I got out my eggs and bacon this morning, my stomach started churning as I was cooking it. I whipped up 5 jumbo eggs scrambled with 3 pc bacon. By the time I got to the table I was nausous, and I ate 2 bites, thought I was going to loose it. Put the food in the fridge, someone will eat it. BF thinks its nerves, I have my driving test at noon today ( lost liscense do to vision problems over summer). I think it just so darn early and thats a lot of food! I normally eat 2 eggs and 2 pc bacon and thats not till 8 am, if I eat breakfast. So, today, I will have lunch after we get back, around 2 pm.

Maybe I will try another time, but I'm not reseting my lefton today.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 10:28

BF:

I had a great day, hungerwise, yesterday. I ate about 60 gm of protein for breakfast and didn't get hungry until about 2pm. I can't even remember when that happened last. I ate a modest lunch, wasn't hungry till dinner, ate a moderate dinner and wasn't hungry after dinner. That probably happens to most people almost everyday but it's new for me. I think it might be a first.

After a full week of this I'm down over 5 pounds, even with drinking and dessert on Saturday and a few glasses of wine since then (which I've counted in my carbs). As I said before, starting this plan also coincides with eliminating butter. That might have something to do with my loss, if butter raises insulin like Dr. Davis says it does.

ETA: Eating that big early breakfast still feels gross.

Last edited by bike2work : Thu, Dec-15-11 at 10:34.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 11:02
Experimenter

BF:

I had some hunger yesterday. I had 3 1/2 brats, so it obviously wasn't enough. That could be why it was so easy to get down. Anyway, this morning I had 3 egg Thai omelet and 2 brats. I am much fuller!

Does anyone else get very warm after eating that much protein? I'm warm all morning long. It's great in this cold weather.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 14:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Does anyone else get very warm after eating that much protein? I'm warm all morning long. It's great in this cold weather.

I haven't noticed that. It would be interesting to see your actual body temp before and after, though I'm not suggest that you actually need to take it. How long after eating does it happen? How long does it last?