Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 19:47
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%
Default Looking for a good swimwear brand

. . . and by `good', I mean as supportive as I am used to, but in a smaller size.

Several years ago, Junonia had a super-sale on swimsuits, and I bought probably half-a-dozen of them in a range of sizes and styles. They were chlorine-resistant, made of a sturdy, resilient stretch fabric, good coverage, and supportive bras.

I noticed today in the pool that the smallest size I have (their size 0) is really not covering me all that decently anymore, and it may be time to think about replacing it. However, I don't have a go-to brand at this point. I think that this is one of the few areas in which we luck out, clothes-wise. The swimsuits made for bigger women are built truck-tough to get the job done.

The suits I see for smaller women seem constructed of flimsy, clingy nylon by people who assume that all of us have anti-gravity tits and flawless skin that we want to flash to the world, and no assorted lumps and bumps that can benefit from a bit of restraining fabric.

I basically need suits constructed like the Junonias, but sized smaller. Do any of you maintainers have a go-to brand that you can recommend?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 20:48

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

This is my favorite brand and style. It has a built in sarong which ties on the side and skirts the top of the legs in front. It's hard to see with this print.
Inside the suit it has a panel of support over the stomach area and a full bra on top with good support.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxine-Wom...kNwXbYaS8bjSb_w

Last edited by Meme#1 : Sun, Mar-11-18 at 21:21.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 21:42

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

As I order everything like this on line, I have shopped around for styles and sizes that fit and support, and I stick to lands end catalogue. They have a lot of variety, one pieces as well as great mix and match two pieces. I was also previously a Junonia regular.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 09:06
Monday came.

Thank you, Meme and Mama, for your replies.

I checked out the Maxine suit, but it doesn't come in my size. Thank you, though, for the suggestion. Someone else may need exactly that.

The Lands End suits look like I might be able to find something there. Nice thing about swimming nowadays is there's a bit more of an anything-goes acceptance. I've seen people swimming in capri-length leggings, long sleeved tees. I may end up with a mix-and-match.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 09:25

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
Thank you, Meme and Mama, for your replies.

I checked out the Maxine suit, but it doesn't come in my size. Thank you, though, for the suggestion. Someone else may need exactly that.

The Lands End suits look like I might be able to find something there. Nice thing about swimming nowadays is there's a bit more of an anything-goes acceptance. I've seen people swimming in capri-length leggings, long sleeved tees. I may end up with a mix-and-match.

Go to BeallsFlorida.com and they have a ton of them in different sizes, probably 100 different suits. They also have that one in Miss sizes because that one was Women size.

https://www.beallsflorida.com/onlin...ASADEgK1u_D_BwE

Last edited by Meme#1 : Mon, Mar-12-18 at 09:41.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-18, 09:28
Monday came.

I was at the pool yesterday and someone told me, kindly, that it was time to treat myself to a new suit. I asked if it was getting a bit big, and told her i'd been starting to wonder about that. She said, "It looks like you could swim right out of it."

Oops.

The hunt is on in earnest.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-18, 16:20

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

Relibeauty.
I got mine on Amazon. Free shipping/ returns
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-18, 17:57
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I'm shy about showing my old body. In order to be comfortable going to a public pool, I wear a one-piece burkini which I got on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wear a bra under it and it covers me from ankles to top of my head.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-18, 10:15
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I'm not a swimmer, but I bought a Victoria Secret bikini that was well constructed and lasted forever. I'm heavy on top and it had great girl support. Their clothes are made to benefit your figure.