Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 04:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default What's the proper way to do a search for multiple words?

I've been having problems figuring out how to do searches since I started here. I just can't figure out the syntax. I either get only one word of a string, or a message the words are too short, or none found, when I know that string exists.

Example:

search on power+AND+walk gives no hits found
search on power +AND+ walk (with spaces around +AND+ )gives hits on "power walk" "power" and "walk" when all I really want is "power walk"

What's the proper way to search for a phrase (not just all words in the string, but the exact phrase?)

Thanks in advance.

ps..Tamarian...the technology behind this forum and site software is amazing. I'm in the computer business and have been administrator and programmer behind several boards, and the "propellor-head" stuff around this one just blows me away! It's got so many tweeking and thread management features. You do an amazing job keeping up with change requests and keeping all the bits and bytes in order. That's a considerable amount of effort on a volunteer basis. Thank you for giving your time to keep this place running.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 11:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Angela,

Searching for a phrase is not yet available. Using AND and OR are the only options, until the new MySQL version is released, which will have full text search capabilities, which is estimated to happen in a few months.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 13:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Thanks Wa'il