Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 08:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Question Anyone watch 20/20 Downtown last night?

At the end they had Luther Vandros on and he lost 100 pounds low carbing. My DH watched it with me and I have been talking about low carb for weeks now and he thinks that I am losing my mind. After he watched that interview with me he was like oh okay now I get what you are saying... you have my blessing. I really felt like this was an eye oipener for me as well to see someone famous on this woe and having such a huge success. He also stressed how improtant it was that this is a way of life not a quick fix. I am so jazzed now!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 15:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Yay!

Good luck! Hope you enjoy this WOL!

-animaldoc
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 14:44

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 203/186/145 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile

I know this is late, but I did watch it and it was VERY motivating... I have been doing this since November after doing it about a year ago with great success (WHY DID I STOP!!??). It was nice to see him doing all the "right things" to get fit. I really liked the part where he said he felt better now than he did in his 20s and how this has helped his self esteem and given him back a sense of control over food instead of the other way around. I just felt bad for him when he said he eats no carbs at all...I wanted to yell at the TV.."Reward meal, Luther"! LOL

Sherry (who is new here )
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 15:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/170/138
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Luther

I saw that show too. I love Luther. Have seen him in concert several times...fat, thin, and everything in between. Once concert he was wearing this huge spangly blazer and he talked about how he's been on tour for months and lost so much weight while on the road that his smaller wardrobe couldn't keep up with him! And to hear him say that he's kept this weight off for several years, while only keeping it off in the past for four months at the most! I was so impressed with him and the low-carb approach.

It was the very next day that I also started the low-carb thing. I'm following the Atkins approach and am looking foward to a positive outcome from getting carbs out of my body.

If only we could all look as good as Luther right now. Sigh, time to grow throw on a Luther CD!!!!

Best wishes for you in your weight loss journey!