Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/152/135 Female 64
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 59%
Question Do you weigh the way the Heller's recommend?

I'm just curious. I have never weighed every day before and I don't know that I like doing it.

I did weigh everyday the first week, but I realy don't see what the difference is either way? Maybe I don't really understand the reason for it.

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 17:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Are you then averaging the loss? That is the main reason, so we don't get upset when one day it's high then low then high. At the end of the week the average loss keeps us sane.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 21:49

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I used to, but not anymore. I weigh mostly every day, but find if I skip here and there, it keeps me less obsessed. It is a good strategy though and when I was doing it, it worked nicely. I like graphing my weight loss too.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I actually like the everyday weigh-in, and then averaging the weekly weights. Then I can see the overall trend, and also it's not too much pressure on any one day. Plus I can look back in my journal at individual days that gave me losses or gains and often pinpoint behavior that was helpful or not. And I too like to graph the averages as I go. I'm into math, and it's fun to see the visual display.

That said, sometimes you need a break from it so you don't feel too obsessed. I know that feeling too! Good luck with finding a way that works for you.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-05, 07:40

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I do..

I like the daily weighing and averaging a lot. It is really helpful to have that week-over-week trend written down. Back when I used to focus on one big weigh-in day..whether it was weekly or monthly..that day became ultra-stressful.

It takes a few weeks of doing the averaging before you really see the week to week trend of it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-05, 09:15
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Me too.

It keeps me on track and allows me to catch myself quickly if things start going off track. Plus since I'm a slow loser, it keeps me sane as I can see the incremental losses instead of the ups and downs.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 13:38

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

I like the daily weigh ins. It just helps me to feel that I know what is going on with my body and that things aren't sneaking up on me. However, at first because there wasn't much change in my daily weight as there had been on Atkins Induction, I was frusterated and thought I was stalling out on CAD -- then I remembered you are supposed to average, and then I could see that I really was losing! I lost that "CAD is too good to be true" feeling and haven't looked back!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-05, 17:48

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

I get to freaked out by a 3 pound jump and want to quit the diet thinking that it didn't work. I would compare in my mind CAD to other diets and think that I gained the same. I do better if I just stick to the plan and eat my salad every night and DON'T weigh. That is just me. I have a real weight issue problem and if I am up on the scale my whole day is ruined and I am in a bad mood.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-05, 18:06

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

I just started CAD on Sunday. I had a 4 pound spike on Sat that's making me not like the average thing. I've lost 7 pounds this week (a lot if not all water), so my daily weight is a few pounds lower than the average.

I'm sure I'll like the average weight a whole lot better if my weight goes up again
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 06:52

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I like weighing in daily and averaging because my weight jumps around like a roller coaster. It makes more sense to me to average it and compare it to last week's average
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 11:30

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I like measuring as well. I hardly move the scale very often and measuring tells me how much space I'm taking up in the world. My measurements don't change much 5 lbs up or 5 lbs down. Interesting.