Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 06:15

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default CAD- Modified

I think about a year and a half ago, I was doing my own version of CAD and didn't know it. I am thinking of going back and doing this again, what do you think?

I took metabolean at 9:00 am and again at 2:00 pm I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but I had a 20 oz. cup of coffee that I nursed until about noon (it even had cream and SUGAR in it). Then at dinner, I ate whatever I wanted, and usually, just because, I would never take more than an hour to eat. Plus, I drank about 80 oz. of water.

I think that I may start doing this again only I will drink an EAS Carb Control Shake twice a day in addition, for protein, so I don't lose any muscle and continue my walking, which I didn't do previously.

I lost 43 pounds doing that and the only reason why I stalled out (realized this after doing atkins and cad) is because I introduced cheerios (honey nut) in the morning and a slim fast bar in the afternoon (carb city)!!!!

What do you think? I think I will start this on Monday
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 16:06

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

I think everyone has to do what they feel will work for them. If this worked for you previously, there will be nothing lost in trying it and see what happens.

No matter what you decide to do, people here will be supportive. There is no one way fits all. We are all unique and have to find what works for our bodies.

I think the extra protein and walking will be a great addition. Why wait till Monday......how about tomorrrow.

Just don't think you have to go it on your own. Come here for support no matter what you decide. That's the one thing that does work for all of us.

Good luck,
Deb
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 16:43

BF:

Thanks, Deb, you have such a positive outlook, just what I need. The Metabolean suggests you do it on 5 days, off 2 for a break, so it is easier to keep track of if I do it on Mon-Fri off on weekends. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 18:56

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Can I ask....

What is metabolean? I have never heard of that.

Always like to learn new things

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 13:48

BF:

Metabolean is just like Metabolife, but it actually works!!!! It curbs the hunger and cravings, and gives me lots of energy!!! That was the only time I ever lost weight without feeling like I was missing out on the foods that I love. I basically eat one meal a day and didn't worry about balance and ate whatever I wanted. You just have to make sure that you drink a lot of water, which is what you do on any diet. It is hard to find though. Only one place local to me sells it, otherwise you have to order it through the company.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:12

BF:

Okay, guys, started Metabolean on Monday. Only ate an RM and it was not balanced, I had a hamburger with bun ketchup and mustard, a hot dog with bun ketchup and mustard, 2 scoops of baked beans, and a dessert, lots of water. Yesterday I only ate an RM, went to my fave mexican restaurant ate the chips, had the chicken fajitas (no tortillas) and had plenty of water, this morning I am down 1 pound, I am very excited about this.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Everyone,

You know when I first read your post about not eating during the day I thought you were going to get hammered because everyone insists that you eat 3 meals a day

I am just like you, if I so much as start eating anything w/carbs in the am, kaboooom, my entire day is shot, I might as well call in a dump truck full of goodies and start shoveling.

I had originally lost 150 lbs eating one meal a day and nursing coffee, water, plain iced tea. And I kept it off for over 10+ years. The past few years have been tough....long story but I've managed to regain 80 lbs sigh *

But here I am again.... doing CAD and so far so good. I enjoy not having to worry about food during the day and then when I go home I can eat anything I want w/hubby and child.

I say do what works for you, we are all made differently.
Good luck and let us know how you make out....

Hugs, Leenie
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 13:19

BF:

Okay, I have an update. Over the weekend, I did not take Metabolean, ate whatever I wanted, and didn't drink enough water, so from Friday till Monday, I went from 151 to 154. Now, back on Metabolean for the week and eating my one Meal at night and drinking the appropriate amount of water, and today, Tuesday, I am down to 150!!!! I really could be losing if I would just stay on track during the weekend, can you imagine????
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 13:40

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Gretchen,

Please be careful. You are describing just the types of patterns that got so many of us here into such deep trouble. You cannot stay on your drugs forever, and if having such a rebound coming off sounds like a huge red flag to me.

Lila
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 13:48

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Exclamation I've done this too!!

Not the Metabolean, but the only one meal per day. I've actually done it twice in my life before I even knew what CAD was. Both times stand out in my mind as times I dropped weight very fast. Once, the most dramatic, was when I was working at Taco Bell. I only worked there for a couple of weeks. We had no money for food at the time, so the only meal I was able to get was my meal at work. I'd have the taco salad with extra everything. When I started work there my uniform was so tight it cut into my stomach. I couldn't sit down without adjusting rolls. When I left, I needed a smaller size I'd dropped so many inches. Unfortunately I didn't have a scale, so I don't have numbers to go along with this great story. But, it was very memorable. And, now that I know what CAD is I know that I was doing it and it worked for me!

I've also got a thread - NE1 done what Mrs Heller did ~ 1st?

I think it's amazing that you lost 150 pounds doing this. That's wonderful!

I don't know if I could do it again, but I am currently down to two meals, a CM and my RM. I just can't eat big portions anymore. I'm lucky if I can eat more than a cup of food. It actually hurts to stretch my stomach at all.
I think if I tried the one RM a day, that I would have to deal with a small RM, and possibly major hunger during the day.

I am going to follow this thread. I am eager to see how you do!! Heck, I might join you!!

Melissa
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 14:12

BF:

Lila,

I don't think that losing four pounds has anything to do with the pills, actually what happened was on Memorial Day I spent all day playing kick ball and dodge ball. I was running around like a child and gave every muscle in my body an overwork out. I was so sore for like four days, and I think that my muscles held on to extra water while they were repairing themselves, then once I quit hurting, the water was released giving me a four pound loss. I did this same plan a year and a half ago and the only reason why I stalled out was because I began eating way too many carbs but still low fat and didn't realize the consequences of adding those carbs until now, so I am back on that plan and I won't make the same mistake twice. Once I am down to my goal weight, I will begin eating more meals per day, but not adding in those carbs. I think I will be fine. The pills curb appetite and cravings so that I can prevent binge eating. I am so addicted!!!! Thanks for worrying about me, though, that is so nice of you. I will continue to tell you about my progress, can't wait for the scale to show me in the 140's. Haven't been there in years!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 07:29

BF:

Okay, I went into fitday and posted my meal plan for today and what I am doing is a total of 2 EAS Carb control shakes and my dinner which is Shepard's Pie (Ground beef on bottom, then corn, then mashed potatoes). I went for the max I would eat at dinner and it said I would have between 1300 and 1400 calories today and my carb count would be 78. That to me is not bad at all compared to what I used to have in any given day. What do you guys think? The dinner will fill me up for the rest of the night, so I won't feel the need to eat anything else.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:20
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I say, watch the shakes. For a lot of CAs, me included, shakes can cause stalls, weight gain and cravings.

For a lot of CAs, if it tastes sweet, it triggers an insulin response.

Also where are your non carb veggies? You can also start cravings by eating too many carb veggies at one meal, especially after the shakes.

Some less severe CAs say the shakes don't affect them. But, IMHO, shakes, even if you're not aware of cravings/hunger, can cause stalls.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:54

BF:

No, they don't cause cravings because the pills I am taking combat the cravings. I am not eating any non carb veggies at this particular meal, but last nights meal I had a caesar side salad with a chicken fillet sandwich and that filled me up. I would not have any room for my meal tonight if I added the veggie and this is a casserole and you can't avoid the starch.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:59

BF:

So yesterday, I ate a total of 879 calories and 49 carbs and did not feel like I was starving, and what's more important is I didn't wake up this morning starving to death which normally happens when I eat something really carby. It is now 11:00 and I haven't even felt a quake of hunger. It's nice. As soon as I do, I will have a shake and be good to go. This is how I lost so much weight before and like I said only stalled out when I added cheerios and slim fast bars (I know better now).