Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 04:53

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HELLO FRIENDS

HI GUYS,
IT'S EARLY MORNING. HAVING MY COFFEE, THEN WORK OUT. HOW IS IT THAT WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING I FEEL I CAN TELL IF I LOST OR NOT W/O WEIGHING MYSELF? I FEEL LIKE I LOST NOTHING AND I'M AFRAID TO GET ON THAT SCALE. I THINK I HAVE THE PERIOD COMING SOON TOO. JUST WHAT I NEED. LAST MONTH THE ATKINS THREW ME ALL OFF. I WAS 5 DAYS LATE(NEEDLESS TO SAY IN A PANIC). NOW I AM GETTING SYMPTOMS EARLY. WHO KNOWS.
SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I'M WASTING SO MUCH TIME ON THIS WHEN I COULD BE DOING SOMETHING ELSE AND LOSING ALREADY. I KEEP EXPECTING TO SEE A BIG DROP AT LEAST ONCE.
WELL I SAID I WOULD WEIGH MYSELF TODAY. I DREAD IT ACTUALLY. BUT I WILL. I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW!
GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Friday... day two of no cheats

I made it through yesterday without screwing up. Let me just tell you I was tempted after making those banana muffins. But I kept telling my self that I could hold off for an hour or two until dinner and have it then. By some miracle I made it!

Today is going well so far. Here is my menu:
Breakfast: 4 bacon and 1 cup cottage cheese
Lunch: tuna fish with mayo and 3 slices of provolone cheese
Dinner: beef stir fry and banana muffin
Exercise: Richard Simmons Tone and Sweat
Water 100 oz

Weighed myself this morning...189. By the way I am 5 foot tall
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 13:01

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Me too on the height.

Amyjeanap,

I'm 5 feet, also. If we were taller, we wouldn't be overweight.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 00:20

BF:
Default report

Gee, I know I ate today, and I didn't go off plan. I think I drank enough water, did my exercises. Did have another salad tonight, I was craving. I bet I over carbed at dinner. SHOOT!! I was afraid it was going to be iffy, but thought I had it handled. I had a huge salad, napa cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli. 1 1/2 hamburger patties, maybe half a cup of chili with beans, then a soy milk shake. 1 cup of soy dream, 1 scoop of soy protein and some frozen blueberries. Dinner was at 5 and I was hungry at 9. I guess the scales will tell in a couple days.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 08:44

BF:
Default I EVERYONE!

SO, ANOTHER DAY. NO CHEATING. OF COURSE YESTERDAY THE SCALE STAYED THE SAME AGAIN. I'M NOT WEIGHING TODAY. TRYING THE EVERY OTHER DAY THING.
FRIDAY-
B-COFFEEW/CREAM
1/2 LOW CARB BAR
L-OMELETTE W/VEGGIES AND CHEESE
D- SALAD, BROCCOLI, SHRIMP PARMIGIANA,MORE SALAD FOR LOW CARB VEGGIE

DESSERT-OTHER HALF OF LOW CARB BAR AND COFFEE W/COOL WHIP.
DRANK ALL THE WATER. WORKED OUT.
LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW. GOOD LUCK FOLKS
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 08:57

BF:
Default AMYJEAN 6 POUNDS?

AMYJEAN,
CONGRATULATIONS! ARE YOU DOWN 6 POUNDS SINCE WHEN?
I'M STRUGGLING OVER HERE. I'D BE HAPPY TO SEE 2-3 POUNDS. IT'S NOT HAPPENING THOUGH. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 08:59

BF:
Default I was right

Well, this is the first time I've ever kept track of my food. I was up a pound this morning, I guess I did overcarb last night. I can't say I won't do that again! I'll be aware of it though.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 12:37
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Saturday... doing good!

The scale stayed at 189. I started this on the 18th. I am weighing myself everyday and tomorrow I will average it out and see how much I really lost. Not to bad for the first week! (but it is not over yet!)

I did well yesterday. I was supposed to have... not sure... but I ended up going to McDonalds. Let me tell you how wonderful it was to eat the salad and the double cheeseburger and not feel like I blew it! Woo hoo! I tried to the RS Tone and Sweat video but I don't have the original cords that come with the video and the replacement cords I purchased were too tight and I could barely pull them up to where I was suposed to ... so exercise didn't go over well. Until I find the appropriate item to get me through that video I am going to do Denise Austin's Pilates. It is supposed to help tone as well... we shall see.

Todays menu...
Breakfast: two sausages and 1 cup cottage cheese
Lunch: 3 Bologna and provolone rolls and two deviled eggs
Dinner: Chicken and sour cream and rice and salad
Exercise: Denise Austin Pilates
Water 100 oz

I will check in tomorrow! By the way I love this thread... Can we do this every week?
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 12:41
Registered Member

BF:

BA Spider... don't you just hate that height screws evrything up? When I was at 130 I was looking pretty good but still considered overweight. A lot of it was muscle, but there was some fat there... I didn't look that bad... but I get tired of hearing how I needed to lose weight because of what the scale said!

Chris... I started this woe on the 18th of this month. I have done well but I think I have to credit it to just having a baby two months ago and losing a lot of the water weight. I hope you see the 3 pounds you are looking for!
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 12:57

BF:
Default CONGRATULATIONS AMYJEAN

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY AND ON THE DIET. I'M STILL TRYING TO LOSE THE BABY FAT AND MY SON JUST TURNED 12!AND MY DAUGHTER WILL BE 9. LOL.
I JUST READ THAT THE LC MEALS SHOULD BE NO MORE THAN 5 CARBS EACH. NOW I KNOW I'VE HAD PLENTY OF VEGGIES WITH MY LUNCHES. I PROBABLY WENT OVER THE CARBS JUST ON THAT ALONE. HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW THIS? I JUST OVERLOOKED IT.
I'LL SEE HOW I DO WHEN COUNTING THOSE LC VEGGIES. MAYBE THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T REALLY LOST.
DID NOT WEIGH MYSELF TODAY. TOMORROW IS THE WEEK WEIGH IN.
I SAY WE CONTINUE TO WRITE EACHOTHER HERE AT OUR LITTLE GRUOP. I LIKE IT!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 12:59

BF:
Default PROTEIN BAR RECIPE

HEY BASPIDER,
I'D LIKE THE RECIPE FOR THE PROTEIN BARS. SOMETIMES AT MY REWARD MEAL I'LL HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE AND 1/2 LOW CARB BAR FOR DESSERT. I THOUGHT THAT MAY BE BETTER THAN COOKIES. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 18:47

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Angry TOTAL SCREW UP

Went on an excursion with a friend and the 1st stop was McDonald's!!! Friend asked if I wanted anything and before I knew it, I was saying yes and polshing off a sausage Mcmuffin w/egg, hash browns, juice and coffee!

It gets worse...

For lunch I managed to have a piece of baked chicken with a piece of string cheese. Not too bad..

Before Dinner: 4 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk

Dinner: stir fried beef, cabbage, broccoli, NO salad

After dinner... 4 MORE chocolate chip cookies and milk!!

Waaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

What on EARTH posessed me to do that???

Water.. only about 30 oz

Thank goodness tomorrow is another day!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 18:49

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile Better on Saturday

B: 1 fried egg, 1 slice canadian bacon, 1/2 slice american cheese

L: Chicken salad on 2 WASA crisps (probably not the best way to
eat it since they have 6 carbs each)

D: Spagetti sause w/meat and meatballs served over cooked
cabbage (I'm really liking this meal.. no pasta!)
Salad, less than a Tblsp. of Cucumber Ranch dressing

So far only 30 oz. of water but I'll get in about 20 more before bed.

No other additional "snacks" :::::covering my ears to the calls from the chocolate chip cookie jar::::
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 00:19

BF:
Default Hi everyone

I didn't cheat and didn't do my RM. That pound coming back ticked me off! How dare it!

amyjeanap: yes. I was telling dh today as he was hanging a new shower curtain, that if I were taller I could do that. His arms were tired and said, no you don't, cause it's a pain. Bigger pain, I told him, is balancing on the tub edge and hanging it with tired arms. sigh. Get a ladder and I can whip anyone! ha ha

I'll put the bar recipe in that section, how's that sound cris? Just stay on the plan, eating correctly and the weight will take care of itself. You're sure doing everything else right. It took me awhile, the first time I did this, to learn about my metabolism.

If I overcarb even a tiny bit, I gain weight. But I've ALWAYS gained easy. They should cross my dna with a beef cow, they'd make a fortune.

Last edited by BASpider : Sun, Feb-24-02 at 00:46.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 06:26

BF:
Default HI GUYS

HI FOLKS,
ICON. CALM DOWN ABOUT THE CHEAT. NOW YOU GOT ME THINKING ABOUT THE SAUSAGE MCMUFFIN WITH EGG. MY HUSBAND IS THE GENERAL MANAGER OF MCDONALDS HERE ON STATEN ISLAND. ONCE IN A WHILE I'LL MAKE HIM BRING ME HOME THOSE WITHOUT THE MUFFIN. LAST NIGHT HE BROUGHT ME HOME QUARTER POUNDER W/CHEESE ON A BUN. 2 PIECES OF MEAT. SOOO GOOD.
WELL ANYWAY, SATURDAY WAS A GOOD DAY FOR ME. BUT I DID NOT GET ALL THAT DAMN WATER IN.
B-COFEEW/CREAM
I CAN'T REMEMBER IF 1 HAD THAT 1/2 OF LOW CARB BAR OR NOT.
L-TURKEY SLICES
SNACK-PEPPERONI
DINNER-2 CHEESEBURGERS,1 BUN,SALAD,GREEN BEANS
COOLWHIP
1 PEPPERMINT PATTIE(MY FAVORITE)

TODAY IS MY BIG WEIGH IN. LAST SUNDAY I WAS 145. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME.

WE ARE DOING THIS AGAIN RIGHT??LET'S CONTINUE. IT'S FUN. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.