Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 19:35

Plan: Calp
Stats: 162/162/132 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Amount doesn't matter?

I enjoy reading everyone's posts. So, am I correct that calories and amount doesn't matter? I have big reward meals and feel absolutely paranoid that I will be gaining. I have only been doing this a few days. I have tried it before and always stop because I get so terrified that I may be gaining. I think a lot of the gain is salt though....
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 19:46

BF:
Progress:
Default How does menopause effect wt loss?

Is that true regardless of the diet used to lose?
  #48   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 05:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Heart-
welcome to this Forum- and to the CALP threads!!
I know it is hard to believe that this plan works, but it sure works for me. How about posting your menus for RM and CMs so we can se what you mean by big RMs and see if we can help?
I am over 50, and CALP works for me.
Tell us a bit about you!
E
  #49   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 08:38

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Hi,
I think it depends on the person. I'm 51 and when I was 47 b4 menopause I had big rm's and lost a pound a week. Since menopause, I'm finding it very hard to lose and I have to cut back on the rm quantity..I'm even cutting out sugar now. So see how it goes for you. I used to eat till I was stuffed and as long as I stopped within 60 mins, I always lost weight. Good luck
  #50   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 08:01

BF:
Progress:

About me? I lost weight running, but it has been slowing creeping back on and I am freaking out. I have major issues with sugar. I think I'm in menopause too, so that may be effecting things. Ugh. I tell myself that I just have to hang in there to see results, but the energy lag is just not good....
  #51   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 08:46

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

My theory is that in menopause the hormones are erractic and since insulin is a hormone the other hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone) are all intertwined and affected by each other. Sugar is a big trigger for insulin...if insulin is triggered too much the other hormones, which are decreasing anyway, are affected and cause a bigger reaction than if you weren't in menopause..
So, I found this out the hard way after not being able to lose my weight for 2 years..Any food with hormones will affect you..
red meat, chicken, turkey, dairy. I found I had to go organic, and then I had to cut my dairy way down and I'm eating fish, tofu and tempeh with some cheese.

Depending on the person, red meat , grass fed, no horomones or antibiotics will not affect you. Red meat bothered me. No matter how compliant I was, I would gain weight eating red meat. I attribute that to the Blood Type Diet. I am an A blood type and we're supposed to be vegetarians, according to Dr. D'Adamo. I've been following his work since 2003

I've also given up sugar in the rm in weight loss phase. You may find you have to give up sugar to lose, then put it back in maintenance in small amounts.