Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 16:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4boys
I am living proof. I have lost 10 lbs only on CAD. Its the only program for me and this time next year I will be proof because I will be at goal

Hey Mom,

That's good to know for sure. I won't beat around the bush, I've got an eating disorder and carb phobia has been an issue. I've been giving this way of eating a real shot and these past few days have been pretty darn great to be honest. I simply don't feel like eating durring the day and I can friggin think! When it comes time to eat I'm not ravenous in the least and I actually feel like having balance between carbs/meats/veggies! I'm a bit worried about the night eating, I hear that can be a real bad habbit to develop, but eating durring the day is really not all that great for me. C/M meals are always available as well so thats a plus.

It feels great to eat what you feel you need when your hungry and not pay for it!!!!!! I'm going to let this lifestyle set in mentally before I start thinking about any cutting diets. It's still scary to think eating carbs is ok but I'll tough out the fear and just keep trying with CAD.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 23:28
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CAHHP
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:???
Progress:

Yup I think that this way of eating is great for overcoming ED's. I used to be addicted to sugar, and it helped keep my sugar addiction under control. I still struggle with emotional/stress eating though. But CAD has taught me not to fear any type of food, I don't have to stay away from sugar completely, I can have it, just not all day long (and just not barrels of it!).
Wow BD, do you mean that you went your entire weight loss journey without any carbs?! Must explain your great success, but that must have been really hard to do as well. You deserve to cut yourself some slack and go easy on yourself. I agree, no cutting diets! And no thinking about CAD as a "diet"! Think about it as a natural eating pattern. It sounds weird, but it feels like the way my body wants food. I don't wake up ravenous. I don't feel hungry until midmorning. And then late afternoon. And oddly , I want my biggest, carbiest meal at around 8 PM. I sleep well and wake up energized and not hungry. I know it goes against traditional thinking, like you should have a huge carby breakfast at the buttcrack of dawn blah blah blah, carbs at every meal, force yourself to eat 18 small meals a day, spaced out every 2 hours etc etc, but if your body doesn't want it, then why are you going to force it?

If you are concerned about night eating, don't be. Check out the "Warrior Diet" thread in the Semi Low Carb forum, it's an extreme version of nighttime eating. It works very well for some. I wouldn't switch from CAD, but it's just another example of a similar eating pattern that works for others. Don't stress about anything yet. Give it a couple weeks before you tweak anything. You're feeling better, you have dropped weight (I doubt you even need to lose more weight!), so no worries. If it ain't broke...
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:24

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

fluffybear it is there...I look for the page. It is a funny name though cm makes it look like it is referring to a carb meal

I too lost weight on this plan a few years ago...I was on CAD now I have struggled between atkins and cad and calp...I think the denial of calp has made things worse for me..(ie no sf gum or mints etc.) Lately I decided I had to do something. I did CAD again ,and went ahead and had the ice breaker mints (or sf gum ) to give me something for when cravings were the worst. I am happy to report a 11/2lb loss for this week! (and it did help with the cravings.) I feel more incontrol than I have for a really long time!