Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 17:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/145/120 Female 172
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation heeeeeeeeeeellpppp DESPERATE!

I've fallen off the wagon big style.. most of it was from comfort eating I'll admit..
I was on induction sucessfully for 18days (this was after being on and off for monthhs) and then I finally thought Im getting the hang of this !
Then my last day of college came, my ex effectively cheated on me and it all went downhill from there, this was 5 days ago !!!
I have a holiday in 22days that I plan to be looking fitt for, but im seriously lacking motivation!
I'm sorry to moan, but I need help getting into ketosis quick - this carb overloads making me feel a little sick and pretty sure its messing with my heart :/

Some numbers:
Age - 17
Weight - 66kg (after the 5 day binge was 64kg prior)
Height - 1.72m

Thaaaaaankyou x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 18:15

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Well, you'd better start eating some meat!!
It really does mess up your body when you cheat. this is not a diet its a healthy way of life eating. A cheating boyfriend is sooo not worth losing your health and weight loss over.
Other than moral support I don't know what else to tell you.
Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 18:40

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 232/207/166 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:52/48/30
Progress: 38%

Your BMI and stats already look seriously great, how much are you looking to lose? I'm sorry you've had a rough time but that'll make it feel even better when you come back onto induction
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 22:11
Registered Member

Plan: Primal
Stats: 257/192/160 Male 70 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I'm seeing a lot of red flags in your post.

You are on induction for 18 days... Then you go on a 5 day binge, essentially medicating yourself with food.

Now, you are looking to get into ketosis QUICK, so you can drop a lot of weight in 22 days.

Oh... and you are 17, and your apparent BMI is within the normal range, yet you are concerned that the carbs you have consumed have damaged your heart.

It seems that you may be well on your way to making some decisions which may damage your health, and relationship with food for decades to come.

My advice would be to stop going for the quick fixes, and start setting yourself up with sustainable eating habits will provide you with long term health and fitness.

Yea... I'm being judgemental. No... I do not know you, nor have all of the information about your challenges.

But, I am truely trying to be helpful, and am speaking to you from a perspective of one who has been fighting these issues for decades, and at this point have dug myself into a possibly fatal hole, with diabetes and possible heart disease.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 22:21

Plan: My own
Stats: 367/255/200 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

We all enter ketosis within different timeframes. What I have read is that it is normal to go into ketosis within 2-3 days of eating very low carbohydrates (induction levels).
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 00:07

BF:
Progress:

Thankyou everyone, I know I'm not exactly overweight but it'd be great to shift a few more pounds, I know exactly how to I just needed the moral support so you'll be hearing from me again !
Waskydiver, I know you're speaking sense, you sound like my mother lol! But the atkins diet is the "easiest" I've ever followed and I've seem results, I do plan to eventually get onto a serious lifestyle healthy eating plan but for now, I'm pretty much addicted to atkins...
Oh dear.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 04:00
Registered Member

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 163/154/126 Female 164.5cm
BF:28.0/26.4/21.6
Progress: 24%

Hey welcome to my boat

Its definitely very rubbish that your life has taken a turn for the worse recently, but I know how you feel and where your head is at.

The main thing you have to remember is to eat!! My body and my mind fight this battle all the time.... more food = more fat, less food = less fat lol.

Starting from now go back onto induction and concentrate on meats, eggs and the right salads and veg. After a couple of days you'll start to feel better and in more control making yourself feel more positive
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 04:06

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlcarbie
But the atkins diet is the "easiest" I've ever followed and I've seem results, I do plan to eventually get onto a serious lifestyle healthy eating plan but for now, I'm pretty much addicted to atkins...
Oh dear.
Oh dear indeed.
I bolded the words that show me you might have problems sticking to Atkins because you do not think it is a serious lifestyle healthy eating plan.

If you can persuade yourself that eating Atkins IS a serious healthy lifestyle eating plan you will not struggle to keep eating onplan, and once you accept Atkins as your lifestyle eating plan I am sure you will achieve your ideal body shape.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 06:02

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hey, glad you're taking the good advise on the chin. You're young and life is going to $h1t on you now and again.... don't get in the habit of punishing yourself with rubbish food. Believe in yourself and value your body....someone else will. Go out there and makes us proud. be confident and take control of your eating, you know what to eat, so stay with us and let us see how your doing...
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 07:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Sometimes when things are dire and I want to just throw it all in I think to myself: Self, everything else is out of my control but diet is the ONE thing I can control. Don't let go.

Oh yeah, agree with LizEllen. This needs to be a lifestyle change otherwise you're headed to Yoyo City. It took me about 30 years to figure that out. I hope you can figure it out sooner than I did!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 13:36

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Oh dear indeed.
I bolded the words that show me you might have problems sticking to Atkins because you do not think it is a serious lifestyle healthy eating plan.

If you can persuade yourself that eating Atkins IS a serious healthy lifestyle eating plan you will not struggle to keep eating onplan, and once you accept Atkins as your lifestyle eating plan I am sure you will achieve your ideal body shape.

If you can think of low carbing like a vegetarian thinks of their lifestyle...once you have made the lifestyle changes...."How could I ever eat CARBAGE like that again...IT goes against my moral conviction that eating junk is wrong!" Vegetarians do it all the time..."ME??? Eat meat???? I am appalled that you would even offer it to me!!!!" You need to stand for something or you will fall for anything (any food).
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 13:50

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much you guys! I'm getting back onto it! I'll need your help because I do want this to be a LIFESTYLE change for definite! I'm starting tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how it for and keep you all updated
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 13:51

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 208/170.2/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I'm just going to opt for encouragement here. You're young, you have energy, you have room to learn. Get back on and remember that youth is forgiven, but persistence is rewarded.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 15:43

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Oh dear indeed.

and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Sometimes when things are dire and I want to just throw it all in I think to myself: Self, everything else is out of my control but diet is the ONE thing I can control. Don't let go.

Oh yeah, agree with LizEllen. This needs to be a lifestyle change otherwise you're headed to Yoyo City. It took me about 30 years to figure that out. I hope you can figure it out sooner than I did!

Once you change your thinking on this issue sticking with it becomes easier.

You CAN do this!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-11, 12:22

BF:
Progress:

Day 3 and going well!
Thanks for the support guys