Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 11:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Diet Busters!

Diet Busters!

#1 Husbanad being lain off permanently.

This is a certain diet buster for me. My dh lost his job last week and since then I've gone back to eating sugar and white flour products. I can't even think about my diet right now. I suppose that I should but I'm tellin ya, this is rough.

My dh works in the computer/technical industry and has been lain off three times in the last four years. We always end up on our feet when it's all said and done but it's been a really tough time for us.

He's got some prospects and if your of the mind to send up a prayer, I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks

Ehren
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 14:48

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I'm so Sorry!

Ehren Dear!

I will absolutely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. What a tough thing to go through.

And here's the pep talk: Stay away from the sugar & starch!

You already know that it won't make you feel better! In fact it will only make you feel worse --- the scales, the carb headache, the guilt and did I mention the scales? And it won't get your hubby a job!

If you need to overeat then do it with acceptable foods --- make yourself a legal pizza, eat a box of Triscuits, Have a big bowl of No Sugar Added Ice Cream or a decadent Chocolate Mousse. You may not lose but at least the insulin response will be limited and it will be easier to re-gain control.

Hang in there sweetie! I'm rooting for you.

molly