Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 06:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/201.8/179 Male 5ft 7inch
BF:Trying Again
Progress: 54%
Default Am I losing too fast?

I just started atkins Induction again on the 8th and now I am down 10 Pounds in only 9 Days. Most of its probably water weight because I had been drinking alot of soda an little water while I was cheating myself. Now that I have gotten things back on track I am just pouring off the weight at like a pound a day.

Should I eat more veggies to slow the proccess down or keep going while taking my vitamin. I have been getting lots of tomatoes in my diet and some green beans. I have also had a few onions.

I also had carb options italian garlic and herb dressing on some chicken which may have some nutrition in it. But overall I am probably not getting the greens in that I should be.

Should I keep going how I am or am I risking health issues with my current way of eating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 07:06

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:
Progress: 0%

You're taking your multi vitamin and drinking your water. Sounds like you're off to a very good start. Dropping a lot on induction is normal depending on how much weight you do have. You are correct about water weight being the first part you loose. Just keep up with your water.

After two weeks you'll begin the second phase and it will slow down a little, but you'll still loose. Just not as fast. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it for now. Just keep track of things. If fast weight loss is still a concern after a month of being on the diet, then you may need to start adding a few more veggies to slow things down. Right now though, you sound fine.

Have you read the Atkins book? If not, I really suggest you read it. The library even has it on tape/CD over here for those who don't read a lot.

If I recall, I believe the book stated two salads a day and one serving of a veggie. Are you getting those in your diet?

Congrats on your weight loss.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 08:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/201.8/179 Male 5ft 7inch
BF:Trying Again

I have read the book. This is my second time doing atkins...The first time I went from 240 to 179 in a little over 6 months. This time I started at 210 and Im down to 200 in just nine days which is why I was a little worried. I do recall losing about 14 pound in the first 2 weeks when I started atkins for the first time. But since this was my second time I wasnt so sure if I should be losing all that weight again so fast. It was only november of last year when I stoped. Thanksgiving and Christmas parties had got the best of me and then it was like a new party every weekend and I couldnt find it in myself to stop eating. I just recently looked in the mirror and said that I refuse to go back to 240 ever again.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 08:28

Plan: My Plan!
Stats: 241/189/145 Female 5'5"
BF:

Isn't it great when the pounds fly off? The first time I low carbed (on Protein Power), I lost 14 pounds in two weeks, and I was jubilant! I knew some of it was water, but it was still very motivating.

Yes... EAT YOUR VEGGIES! They are so good for you. I have a difficult time getting my S.O. to eat them. Is this a guy thing? He likes veggies in direct proportion to the amount of carbs in them. i.e.: He loves beans and corn.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 09:30

BF:
Progress: 0%

Still sounds like you're doing fine to me.

I've been on and off the wagon more than I can count. Sometimes the pounds fly off well, sometimes it's very difficult. It depends I suppose. Just enjoy the ride, so to speak.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 12:43

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default I let my body be the guide

If you're not going around hungry, then your body is taking care of what it needs. It will slow down and it's up to you to remember that it was so easy in the beginning.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 13:03

Plan: Atkins -modified
Stats: 202/197/160 Male 5'9"
BF:30% ?
Progress: 12%

I think if you're feeling ok you should keep going
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 15:25
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

I think you sound like you're doing fine. Enjoy the quick loss while it happens. You could probably add some greens (spinach, etc.) to increase your fiber but at least you are getting some veggies. I'd also suggest cauliflower if you're not a huge veggie fan, since it's really versitile and can be used in many recipes.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 18:18
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 198/190/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 21%

i lost nothing
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 22:44