Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-17-11, 23:23
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Question Many Questions from a Woman In Need

Hey all ...

I used to hate it back in my Atkin's Days when someone would be totally clueless about how to work the diet, hadn't read the books and asked forum members to explain everything to them ... but I'm currently in that predicament. Although I promise to read the book as soon as I can get it, I need some info now and I'm hoping you can give me a hand.

Quick synopsis:

In 2002, I started a LC WOL slowly lost, then maintained a 110 pound loss for five years. However, my lifestyle changed with a new family and I've been slowly regaining. In addition, I just started a medication that packed on 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Finally, the coup de gras ... I've been diagnosed with some funny gut issues and my gastroenterologist says "absolutely, positively no artificial sweeteners."

Well, you might as well just shoot me now.

I just can't face Atkins without some sort of sweetener. And despondently I'm thinking I can't do low carb while using 'real' sweets. Bound to rebound all the way up past 330. Or maybe not?

Maybe CAD, that strange, super-slow form of weight loss most Atkin's folks look askance at. We don't trust it. We don't trust *ourselves* and our true Carb Addiction to eat a healthy reward meal instead of an M&M love fest.

So help me, people, please. I come to you, all humble, and needing big time help. If you can only answer a question or two, that's fine, but I'd really like to understand CAD.

=======================

1) Are there carb count recommendations for breakfast and lunch?

2) Do I have this correct: RM consists of 2 cups salad, 1/3 portion protein, 1/3 complex carbs and 1/3 low carb veggie. Plus the dessert of your choice. All within 1 hour.

3) What is the general feeling about fats? I've been taught that fat+carb = cardiovascular problems, fat by itself is not an issue.

4) Are any foods completely off limits?

5) Do any of you 'count' all your carbs and calories?

6) And finally, since I'm moving against a powerful tide with weight loss, does the scale crawl downward with CAD?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links