Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-02, 09:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool Pentabasol

Hi all,
I put a search on this and came up with nothing, so I will put the question out there...

I saw this infomercial yesterday on Pentabasol and wondered if any of you out there has seen it/tried it. It is made by the Drs. Eades of Protein Power. It is a mix that you add to water and drink twice a day (morning and night) to increase weight loss. It is expensive, but if you stay on a regular re-order of every 2-1/2 months, it is cheaper.

I talked to the phone operator about this and he has been on it for a while. The diet included is the basic Protein Power diet (I wanted to make sure it was a low carb plan) and he said that the weight loss by combiing the diet and mix is around 12 lbs/month.

There is a guarantee if you feel it doesn't work. Even though I am not currently on Protein Power and am doing fairly well losing, I feel that Drs. Eades are a reliable source.

Any thoughts or comments?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-02, 11:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hmmm. I found the website:

http://www.pentabosol.com/

The pentabosol consists of carnitine, hydroxycitrate (HCA), chromium, aspartic acid, and biotin. According to their clinical trial, the subjects lost twice as much weight on the pentabosol than with a placebo.

However, you could do a price comparison of their stuff vs buying the ingredients separately. The formulation is 600 mcg biotin, 400 mcg chromium, and a "proprietary combination" of L-Aspartic Acid / Garcinia cambogia (50% (-) hydroxycitrate) / L-Carnitine tartrate - 4.5 grams. I question how much difference that specific ratio of the latter three makes. There are a lot of diet pills that have those ingredients.

HTH. Personally, I think I'd save my money.

PS: use google.com for your searches.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 08:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Thanks, Kristine. I will check out that website!