Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 03:37

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Unhappy Gone Out of Control - how do I get back again ????

Dear All

I need some major advice here please.

On thursday night I went out of control about 11ish at night - my RM is at lunch time. Then friday I was ok, but when it came to my RM I could barely eat, but when I came home at night time I went out of control again in a very big way.

I've woken up in the middle of the night to find myself eating biscuits ( seriously my partner said I'd been sleep walking for 2 nights - but this time I'd woken up whilst eating ).

Then this morning (saturday) the first thing I've eaten is 3 slices of toast with butter and jam and half a packet of chocolate chip cookies.

where do I go from here? I know I have to get myself back on track - but do I only have two CM's today now or have I to have an RM this evening so that I dont do a repeat of the past two nights? I really am so confused right now and very upset that I have allowed this to happen. I just dont know whats happened to me.

But its finally come home to me this morning - how severe my carbohydrate addiction is - because I could not stop myself at all - I just kept reaching for anything and everything - even when I felt to sick to eat - I just carried on.

All advice would be gratefully recieved right now.

Do you think I should begin entry plan again? Just like the atkins do if you fall off the wagon.

Thank you for being here
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 07:22

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Me too~

Hi~
I am pretty new to this but I would start the entry plan again......many of the lc programs tell you if you fall off the wagon just get back on at the start. I woke up wanting key lime pie for breakfast......wrote my sorrows about it in my journal this morning.
I know that because I have not been following the program these last several days that I am totally out of control as far as craving sweets goes. What I am going to do is start today as a new day and just eat my regular food plan..........one or two cm's as I need them and the rm for supper. I don't think you can really "do penance" for the less than perfect choices we make but just have to dust ourselves off and go from there.
I know I have to eliminate sugar and white flour from my RM's.....I know it!! I just don't want to and yes........the raging reminders of my addiction are rearing their ugly heads!!
I wish you a very good day today~
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 07:24

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Induction

P.S.
If you are doing Atkins I would go straight back to induction........at least for three or four days or so to get your cravings under control and get into ketosis so they pass. Just myMHO~
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 08:18

BF:
Smile

Dear AlluraD

Thank you for your reply and you are so right. I dont suppose I will go through the rest of my life perfect with this WOL. So if I have a set back now and again I should just pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again - is'nt that a song lol.

Unfortunately for today I am way past retrieving myself - so I will start a fresh tomorrow morning and go back on the entry plan. Which is a shame because I've only just finished it.

Never mind - thank you for the help it is appreciated.

bye for now
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 08:30
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

When you get back on entry include a high fat snack if you need it. High fat and protein will help fight off cravings.

This is why it is important to always stay on the Way. CA is a condition that is never cured. It can only be controlled. The problem is that when we feel "normal" we think we can handle a day off. Some of us can, some of us can't. It looks like you are one that can't.

Good Luck! You can do it!

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Sat, Nov-30-02 at 08:34.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 10:41

BF:
Smile

Thanks Zuleika

Your right I am a severe CA and I can only get through this if I can learn to control it.

I can fully understand after the past 2 days exactly what I must do and from tomorrow morning I will be doing just that.

What do you recommend for the high fat and protein snack I must have for my cravings?

Thank you once again for your help zuleika

Last edited by Tigra1965 : Sat, Nov-30-02 at 11:02.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 10:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I agree with Zuleika - a high fat protien snack is just the cure for those cravings - my snack/meal of choice to do this is tuna and lots of mayo.

Good luck.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 13:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

My fav. is cheese sticks.. Either string cheese or just plain cheddar stick. I eat one or two of those and feel great. In fact, a lot of my lunch CMs are two cheese sticks and about 3 tbs of turkey from a can mixed with mayo (kind of how you'd make the mix with tuna, but its turkey or chicken instead). Yumm!! I can go on that for 5-6 hours easily.

If you're wanting something crunchy, take the cheese and melt it in the microwave until it is really bubbly. Peel the cheese off the plate and pat it down with napkins to get off all the oil and then break peices off. It is REALLY good and is like a "cheese cracker".

Anyways, if you have fallen off track today, do your CMs but have a lot of protein and fat during dinner so you don't get up in the night. Any leftover turkey? Eat a bunch, that will get you pretty full, and drink a TON of water. Water seems to be the best hunger deterrent for me so far, so I"m wondering if you're drinking enough?

Well, good luck!!! Don't stress, remember, that it's your life and you are in control of your body. Drink TONS of water!!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 16:36

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Hey Julie!

I'm glad you are picking yourself and starting at it again! Don't ever give up. Get your focus back and forgive yourself for the past couple of days.

I had a really tough day today... It's rather funny, but it did kind of throw me a bit!

My hubby wanted to get me a Mickey Mouse tattoo for Christmas. Tattoo parlors are illegal in this state so people have to go to NC to get them. My hubby was off today, so he wanted to go check them out. We got there and decided to go ahead and get it done. I hadn't eaten in a while and it was lunch time but I thought I would be okay! I should know from past experience that before I have anything done that might even be mildly upsetting that I should eat first, but I'm thick skulled. I was fine for a while and then all the sudden I got hot and lightheaded and my hubby said the guy set his stuff down and said, "She's gonna pass out"... and I did!

I never did fall out of the chair, but they got me revived and gave me some soda to drink(the first "no no")and got me cooled off and feeling good enough to finish it. Thank goodness he was almost done! I felt embarrassed but then the guy said that it is very common for people who get it done the first time and not to feel badly.

When we left we stopped to get burgers to eat, so I had a burger and diet soda(no salad), but it was still within the 1 hour of having 1/2 a can of soda, so at least I did manage that much. I felt better after that and have been okay ever since, but I'm having to treat that as my RM and will have a CM for dinner tonight. I would much rather have had my RM tonight and had something I'd enjoy more, but I surprisingly haven't sweated over it any and am ready to get back on my "normal" schedule again.

So, I hope that gives you a bit of a chuckle and also makes you feel better about your situation. Just realize that obstacles will jump out every now and then, but they can be overcome.

#10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 17:49

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Lol, that is a cute story Cindi, thanks for sharing! Did the tatoo come out looking good? I didn't know they were illegal anywhere! Hmm.. learn something new every day!

BTW, how ya doing now Julie? Hanging in there i hope!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-02, 17:53

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:
Progress: 77%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tigra1965
[B]Dear AlluraD

I dont suppose I will go through the rest of my life perfect with this WOL. So if I have a set back now and again I should just pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again - is'nt that a song lol.

I totaly agree with what you are saying. Dont beat yourself up and tomorrow is another day. I fell off the wagon yesterday but today I am back. I plan to have a high fat cm and small rm with not bread or sweets instead I will only have carby vegies. Onwards and Upwards always!!!!! Never look back!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 10:30

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Tigra, don't panic.. I really overindulged too and was pretty distraut until I realized that I'm averaging my weigh ins. So this morning, although I'm heavier than I've been in 4 days, I lost two pounds average for the week. Boy did that make ME feel better! I think you and I started CAD pretty close to the same time, and after a time with Atkins, so it will probably take some getting to get used to things for us. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Joanie
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 15:57

BF:
Talking Thanks Everyone - Your all Great !!!!!

Entry Plan day 1 again

Dear All

Well its nearly the end of another day and I've done it. I've had 2 CM's and 1 RM and its almost bedtime. So I've got through my first day on Entry Plan ok.

I appreciate your cheering me up the other day - I really was well stressed out at what I had done - I dare not even get on the scales to be honest. Think I will leave that for when I feel braver.

So this is todays menu :

brekkie - CM
2 fried eggs and bacon
herbal tea
herbal tea

lunch
none was out

herbal tea

Dinner - RM
chicken burger and fries
chicken
diet soda
half a bag of popcorn

Late CM
tuna and cream cheese
herbal tea

I thought I'd keep myself busy today - so that I stay out of trouble. So have done some christmas shopping and been to IKEA too - then came home and sorted my office out. So thats why I've had no relapses today - hey if I carry on like this my home should be spotless within a week lol.

Anyway thanks again everyone - what would I do with out you.

#14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 17:59

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Good going Julie! I know you can do it! I'm glad you had a good day back on course.

Cassie: Yes, the tattoo turned out really good. It's Mickey Mouse... my "hero"... lol... I can't remember the states that can't have tattoo parlors, but there are just a few that don't allow it. They are trying to get it legal in SC... especially with Myrtle Beach here, so I imagine it's just a matter of time before it happens.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 20:37

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Julie

I've been gone for awhile and come back to people talking about the "entry level" for CAD/CALP. Have the Hellers written a book detailing this?

Julie, where are your vegetables?

According to CALP or CAD the way I've known it, you eat half CM veggies and protein for the craving reducing meals and for the RM you begin with 2 cups of salad, the rest of the meal is to consist of cm veggies, carb, meat in 1/3 portions. Your herb tea might be causing cravings since the Hellers say it contains grains.

Also, another rule is to not go more than 15 minutes between bites. The meal can last no longer than one hour, but you can't stop eating for more than 15 minutes.

If the rules have improved, I'd love to know, cause this is a challenge.