Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 02:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ckd
Stats: 190/175/130
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Daily Menu Thread, Fri, 11/16

More great ideas from yesterday's posts!!! Thanks everyone!

Post your menus here! Enter either what you ate yesterday or what you plan to eat today. Please let's give newbies and oldbies some good "food for thought" and ideas.

HELP THE CAUSE!!!!Don't keep your good ideas to yourself!

me:

Plan: Atkins
Phase: Post Induction
Variation: 5-6 small meals throughout the day to keep insulin stable and keep metabolism up. Also, I try to eat the bulk of my carbs in the a.m.

Meal One: LoCarb pancake made with 3/4 scoop of Carbolite Zero Carb bake mix and 1/4 scoop Atkins pancake and waffle mix topped with Carbolite zero carb pancake syrup

Meal Two: Flax O Meal - high fiber, low carb cereal. with Splenda, butter and dash of cream.

Meal Three: 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 sausage links (if anyone can tell me how to make a soft boiled egg, I'd appreciate it, they are always too hard)

Meal Four: Chicken ceaser salad

Meal Five: Tuna salad in celery

Meal Six: Pumpkorn (about 1/3 of the package)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 05:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%

What is Pumpkorn?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 11:10
Registered Member

BF:

Pumpkorn is (are?--yes, I do have a degree in English ) pumpkin seeds with no shells and some spices. They come in a variety of flavors but I usually stick with the original. Each packet contains 2.5 servings and a serving is defined as a 1/3 of a cup. It has 4 g of carb with 2 g of fiber for 2 effective carbs.
You can buy it at netrition or other places on the web as well as the pumpkorn website (they run a lot of specials so if you like it and want to buy in bulk, this is a good source) www.pumpkorn.com and the mother company is at www.mentalprocesses.com (I kid you not, these guys have a great sense of humor). They're good for a snack and also for sprinkling in other dishes.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 11:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hey essjay,
if you go to askjeeves.com and type in "how do I make a soft-boiled egg?" you will get a list of great sites. I particularly like the learn2.com response, but you must access it through the askjeeves site because there's a subscription involved. It's the 4th result under that search. Happy boiling!
Susan
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 14:33
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

THANKS! I never think of Ask Jeeves. Thanks for the reminder.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 16:24
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yesterday, and today so far...

Yesterday there was literally NOTHING that I wanted to eat for breakfast or lunch, I was tired of the same old things. But, I knew I had to eat, so here's what I came up with.

Breakfast 1 slice of deli ham, the last hardboiled egg, 1 oz. macademia nuts, water and supplements.

Lunch, 2 slices of deli ham with chunks of goat cheese rolled up, (I think this is my new favorite snack!) and 3 small pieces of leftover steak. Water

Supper: My husband cooked pollock (that's fish) he fried it in butter and then cooked it in the oven in the frying pan. I have to say, I didn't like it. I'm pretty spoiled and I think that fish was undercooked. My husband says it wasn't but really, what does he know? It could also be that I'm used to white fish minced with breading dipped in ketchup. I made the most of it and had gobs of Miracle Whip with small bites of fish and threw away the chunks that didn't look cooked to me. My family enjoyed watching the awful faces I made as I ate it! This is the first time that I can remember when I ate something I actively disliked! This is also the first time since I started low carbing that I ate something I didn't like even a bit. Oh well so much for the sermen.

That half of an (undercooked) fish was not enough for me to make a supper of so after burning myself slightly on the frying pan handle (it just came out of the oven not too long ago...who would think about a frying pan handle being hot!) I washed out the pan and fried myself some bacon and made a salad with salsa on it.

So that's my day from yesterday.

Today so far

Breakfast 3 hearty thick cut bacon (I'm back to my old favorites, why didn't they appeal yesterday???) and 2 eggs fried in the bacon grease with ketchup. (I used to hate cooking eggs in bacon grease, but I got used to it and it saves time in the morning.)

Lunch I had another of those I don't want anything we have for lunch attacks but made up a can of tuna and brought it with me. I wasn't even hungry at lunch but I ate it anyways.

Snack: I finally felt off, like low blood sugar, so when I got home I had 2 slices of turkey with GOAT CHEESE in it rolled up and an extra bottle of water!

Supper: I think husband is frying burgers tonight, so I will have hamburger salad with romaine, a little tomato, cucumber, pickles and mayo, mustard and maybe salsa but probably (my drug) ketchup.

Happy eating!

Elihnig
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 18:05

Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%

Ok, I'm still in, cuz there are interesting and unusual ideas and combinations in this daily thread, BUT, I'm compromising.

I want my meal plans in my journal so they are all in one place. I don't want to have to go hunting in here for them, and it doesn't make sense to post things twice........so.......

My journal has been updated. You can read it here (This should take you right to the new journal entry): http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...1949#post211949

If you right click and choose open in new window (in IE) or something similar in NS, it will open in a new window and you won't lose your spot here in the daily forum.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 19:44

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

6:30am
eggs...2
10:30am
tuna...0
12pm
Eye of Round Steak, spinach salad/1 T mayo
meringe cookie.........4

5pm
Stirfry chicken/salad
meringe cookie........3

carb 9
------------------
Eat a meal you can feel good about. Eat low carb.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 20:03

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default today...

another boring menu. why do i bother?

noticing, though, that when i think i'm hungry, i drink a glass of water first, then decide if i'm hungry. i do this with snacking.
2 coffees w/ cream
2 h/b eggs
cauliflower (2 cups from yesterday's disaster mock mashed)
taco salad w/ chicken, lettuce, sour cream, avocado, salsa
this is all so far... dinner to follow.
brenda
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 20:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lunch...

Shredded Chinese cabbage, chopped chicken, lime, cilantro, jalapenos, 1/2 avocado
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 21:22

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

[I post here, then copy-and-paste in my journal. Takes about 4 seconds ]

Breakfast: 2 hb eggs, 4 slices bacon, chopped and mixed together with BUTTER

Midmorning: apple-and-2 tbl peanut butter

Lunch: roast beef and provolone, rolled up

Dinner: leftover beef brisket, green beans and butter