Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:41

Plan: Just starting CAD
Stats: 151/143/135 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking CAD Newbie!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Lisa, Im 32, and I am a newbie to the CAD woe but not new to lowcarbing. Have done Atkins in the past and did make it to goal. But I have been binging big time lately and have really blown up like a balloon. I am about 13lbs or so over my goal weight right now and I HATE it. More importantly I hate the feeling I have when I binge eat. I have felt like I am spinning out of control. Sooo I have decided to give CAD a go. I bought the book yesterday. I actually started CAD on Sunday though. I have dropped 6lbs in two days but I know that is water weight I gained from being on a binge fest for a couple days before starting CAD. But as long as the scale is going down and not up, I don't care if it is just water weight. I have to say that my cravings seem under control so far which is something that I NEVER really had on Atkins. And I must say I never experienced the surge of energy on Atkins like most ppl say they do. I always felt drained.

Im really excited about the possibility of finally being in contol of my eating now. With Atkins I would go to bed dreaming of foods I couldn't eat and just felt like a slave to food. So far I feel fine on CAD and I have not binged with my reward meals. I kinda thought I would at first but there is no need to binge because you get a reward meal every day! So if there is something I missed eating today then that's ok because I can eat it tomorrow. I must admit I am a bit scared that I will stop losing and will start gaining. I guess I am having a hard time letting go of my Atkins woe rules. Anyway, didn't mean to write a book here. Just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hello" to the fellow CAD eaters out there! Wish me luck!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 12:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

The best things about CAD are the reduction or disappearance of cravings, hunger and food obsesssion. That was always my problem on Atkins, that there were so many things I couldn't have, I would dream about food I couldn't eat, and as "good" as I was, eventually I'd give in and have something "bad" and the resulting water weight gain would completely demoralize me, not to mention the tendency to go way overboard with the carbs since you know you won't do it again for a while. With cad, once a day really is enough, and knowing I can have anything I want has almost completely cured my obsession with food. I don't stress or worry about it the way I have for years and years. This is the easiest 6lbs I have ever lost so far, and the scale is still going down. It's more slow than I'd like, but still not too bad, and way more than I've ever been able to lose on anything else, because I can keep it up indefinitely.

I love CAD...it's really an answered prayer for me Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:05
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome to the ranks of CADers!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:29

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Welcome to CAD

Congrats on the 6lb loss since Sunday. That is a good loss. You are well on your way. You don't have that much to loose, so it probably will be slow going for you, but maybe not. At least you will be content and won't have the need to binge. Keep up the good work.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 10:56

BF:
Default Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I have lost another pound! YIPPEE! (knock on wood..hope I didn't just jinx myself..hehe) I am amazed at how well so far CAD is working for me. And no cravings!! I can't believe it! What a relief it is to finally not go to bed dreaming of foods I miss. I could kick myself for not trying CAD earlier. And I don't mind if I start losing slowly. Like you said Diane, at least I will be content now with no need to binge out.

Lisa
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:18

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Welcome to CAD, Lisa!

#7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 14:58

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Welcome Lisa--You're doing great!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 19:54

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Welcome1 And don't forget to start a journal It really comes in handy.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:23

Plan: south beach
Stats: 224/168/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Welcome Lisa--isn't it nice to be so free of cravings--both day and night!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:32

BF:

Thanks again everyone for the nice welcomes! Oh yes it is amazing that I am finally FREE of cravings for the first time in my life! Im so happy I decided to try CAD out!

Oh and good idea about starting a journal. I think I will do that right now.

Lisa
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:00

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I am reading the book...thinking I will make the switch eventually too. I dont have terrible cravingfs on Atkins...if I stay in ketosis I feel GREAT but if I am out of it I am very very weak and I know you cant live in ketosis! I am trying to decide whether to stay on Atkins for another year or what before switching over but I think the best idea is to just go with the flow and I'll know when I am ready.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:32

BF:

Hi Jessie!

I agree with you. Go with the flow and listen to your body. I personally never felt good in ketosis. I always had weakness and basically just felt bad all around. So I knew in the back of my mind that there was no way I would be able to stay on Atkins long term. And once I couldn't stop my cheating..well I knew then I had to do something pronto. And boy am I happy I did do something. So far I am much more satisfied with CAD and feel alot better health wise too.

Lisa