Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 22:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default need some LC ideas for super bowl sunday party,

we are having three friends over and i need some ideas of good finger, serve yourself type low carb foods.
What is everyone else having?
thanks
linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 22:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%

I'm sure pork rinds would be good munchies for the game, to go along with the real food.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 22:31

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

hot wings...spread seasoned cream cheese (garlic, etc) on ham slices, roll then slice into pieces....cubes of some good cheeses...little smokies...cubed chunks of ham and turkey...can't think of any more right now...others will have some good idea too.

duh...fresh veggies chopped with ranch dressing or cheese dip, deviled eggs, olives, flavored almonds

Last edited by freckles : Wed, Jan-28-04 at 22:34.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 23:01
Registered Member

Stats: 236/213.4/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 26%

So when do we come over for the party Freckles?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 00:30

Stats: 144/117/115 Female 5' 3.5
BF:
Progress: 93%

There's a great recipe for "Sweedish [sic] nuts" on the recipe forum. You'll have to search for it, I saw it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. If you can't find it, reply here, and I'll post it on the recipe forum. These are sweetened with Splenda, and are a good, crunchy snack.
Peach
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 03:00
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

cocktail pepperoni, cheese, veggie sticks with dip, berries and whipped cream dip, make sf fudge jello pudding with heavy cream for a heavenly dip.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:49

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

OMG! I saw Emeril Lagasse on Good Morning America last week. He made an incredible con queso dip!!!! It was so wonderful sounding that I made it myself and ate it, despite the fact that it had 2 T of flour in the recipe. It was heavenly; I can't remember when I had something so wonderful. And I didn't use the homemade corn chips as he suggested, but dipped raw cauliflower in it. If I had some guar gum, I would thicken it with that. Maybe you have something you thicken things with. Or, I would be tempted to leave it out and go on.

Emeril's Chili con Queso

I hope the link works, otherwise just go to Good Morning America's site. It's still on their "front page" near the bottom.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:39

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

Deviled eggs
Shrimp cocktail with low carb ketchup w/horseradish
Spinach dip with veggies (ranch package dip with sour cream, mayo, water chestnuts etc-recipe on package)
Judi
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:45

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

sugar free jello shooters!
make them in the team colors!
shoot them when there's a score!
Judi
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 19:07
Registered Member

Stats: 3/3/14 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default low carb football

I agree on the deviled egges. As long as you are doing hard boiled eggs, do a few extra and top halves with canned anchovies (how easy can you get?)

For dip, put 1 pkg. cream cheese and 8oz sour cream into your food processor, add a bit of heavy cream and then add package ranch dressing seasoning mix, extra garlic powder, pepper ...and (your choice) dried parsley, cayenne pepper....other spices (you get the picture) . For the low carb'rs provide veggies sticks (celery, radishes, etc) and for anyone else, chips. Leftover dip works great as a low carb salad dressing (add a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar).

You can make rolls or ribbons of turkey pastramy mixed with cheese. For the cheese, mix 1/2 goat cheese, 1/2 cream cheese with chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil , basil and garlic powder. Spread the cheese mix on slices of the turkey (pastrami or balogna). Top with more meat, repeat, ending with meat. Chill. To serve, cut the "sandwich" into bite size pieces and sprinkle with chopped chives or green oinions.

More important than anything, make the high protien things you like best. Add "extenders" such as chips and bread for the rest of the crowd. Do NOT provide anything you can't live without.

bon appetite
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 19:42
Registered Member

Stats: 3/3/14 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default more thoughts

sorry for a second post...brain doesn't always work as fast as I'd like

1. how about an assorted cheese plate? add a few bland crackers for the "others"

2. put out a "deli" plate piled with meats and cheese but make it look a tad more gourmet by providing interesting small rye breads. Also, you can do some flavored butters (garlic, parsley, anchovy) on the side. Do some edible garnishes like radish and green onion "flowers" and carrot curls (email me if you don't know how to do this). those tiny tomatoes look great on this type of tray. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on everything. Maybe also provide a small crock of the ranch cheese dip mentioned in the previous post. Remember that presentation is as important as food. I.e, line a basket or plate with a napkin and put the bread into that. Do one plate with assorted cheeses on one half and tiny tomatoes on the other half. For the meat plate, ring the meat with radish flowers and carrot curls. Sprinkle with chopped parsley Put a bunch of onion flowers into the center of the platter. Stunning!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 11:53

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

The awesome Cincinnati-style chili recipe over on the Soup & Sauces forum. I've bumped it to the top to make it easier to find.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 18:49

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

There is an awesome low carb cracker recipe that would be great plain or with a topping. My husband likes them with shrimp salad on top, me with a slice of cheese. They are pretty easy to make too. Here's a link:

(Just like cheezeits)

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/newsle...5-no02-pg6.html

This link has some other appetizers too. I have not tried the others yet but I have never been disappointed by any recipe from this site!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 05:04

Plan: duke university,dr,weston
Stats: 330/324/275 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress: 11%

hi,can anyone give me the recipe for the califlower crust pizza and the best cheese/ingredients to use etc.thanks
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 06:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

1. Sausage or spinach and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms
2. Nachos- meay, cheese, guac, sour cream, salsa..... Provide chips and bell pepper chunks for dippers
3. Shrimp cocktail
4. Bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped shrimp or scallops
5. Veggies and dips like artichoke dip, dill or ranch, etc
6. Deli meats, cheeses and wraps- create your own sandwich type thing. Don't forget extra large lettuce leaves for your roll ups.
7. Meatballs!
8. Skewers with roasted peppers, cheese, olives, marinated artichoke hearts, whatever your friends would go for......
9. Nuts
10. Mini Quiches Made In Muffin Panand
11. Wings, Carrots, celery and dip

Love the jello shot idea above.

Chile isnt finger food, but it makes an easy crockpot main for everyone