Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:28

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I had a pretty good day for #6. Yesterday was a little heavy on the food, but otherwise I stayed on plan. I had a 1# gain. I only drank about 1/2 of my water for the day too.

Yesterday's Menu
Breakfast
cheese omelett
homemade sausage

Lunch
beef salami
cheese
mayo

Dinner
Salad
prime rib
mashed potaotes
green beans
Pepperide Farm chocolate cake
diet pepsi
coffee with cream

I really overate at my RM, and my CM's were a little heavier than normal too.

Lila, I am so sorry to hear you have the flu. It is so hard to stay on plan while you are sick. The important thing is, that you get better, and to heck with CAD for right now. You can get back on track as soon as you feel better. Take care and hope that is sometime soon.

Lusanne, Don't stress too much about going off of plan. It can be really frustrating when you see the scale go up and not down. I have not a clue why you are gaining weight, but I am sure there is a reason. DON"T give up yet. Get back on track tmorrow and when you post, list everything that you are putting in your mouth.

Hang in there. I am sure it will get better. We can help you sort this out, so don't worry..
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 17:15

Plan: cad
Stats: 256/256/200 Female 5' 3"
BF:51%/51%/?
Progress: 0%

DAY 7

OK so I know I am stressed and over anxious but today I only gained 1/2 lb after 24 hours off plan (big time) I just cant understand it.

What I do know is that I love the lack of hunger,cravings and desperate longing for forbidden food this woe gives us.I am really back on plan and totalled a
1 1/2 gain for this week.I know I am retaining water as I am puffy and have swollwn ankles maybe it's TOM-but it is unusual for me.

I have decided that even with the slight gain I am happy with myself this week,I have eaten all the foods I wanted
and not been very hungery or craving much and I have only really overeaten 1 day out of 7 a massive improvement.

Maybe this week I will try not to weigh-almost impossible and very scary for me.I dont know what is worse the anxiey of not weighing or the dissapointment of gaining.

anyway thank you so much for your support Dianne and I hope you are heaps better Lila.

Shall we carry this thread on for another week?

TODAYS MENU

CM bacon(2 slices) 2 scrambled eggs 1 pat butter

CS tea+splenda+cream

CS 2 oz cheese

RM large salad,1/2 apple,small orange,small baked potato,2 pats butter,tuna,1tbls mayo,prawns,small bar chocolate,handful peanut m+M's,2 large milky teas with 2 tsp sugar
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 17:35

I just did a web search on splenda ana water retention apparently its one of the side effects,I'll cut it out and see what happens.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 06:33

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Lusana,

I think you are reacting to the scale a little too much. There will be plenty of ups and downs over this journey. Can you just write down your weight daily almost clinically and then average for the week - like they recommend in the book? Then you will see that the trend is downward and the bumps may not be so unsettling. Keep in mind how much better life is when on-plan. The small sacrifices we make are so worth it in terms of the freedom we feel! Keep up the good work!

Lila
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 15:36

I had a good day today and was down 2lb yippeee!!!!!!!!!

after reading all the information on water retention being connected to splenda I took a natrual remedy for it last night and cut out the splenda today so I hope all this exra water just whooshes away.

This WOE is amazing I was hardly hungery today and I have loads of energy and mental clarity.

LILA thanks for your input ,anxiety is my middle name I'm afraid ,but thanks for your words of experience.

DIanne hope you're ok hows it going

Lurkers why not join us-we only bite during rm LOL !!!

CM tea + milk

CM tea+ milk (at work,not prepared needed something)

RM 3:00 pm huge salad,2 lc sausages,2 scrambled eggs
small fruit salad+yogurt+honey,piece
chocolate,handful peanut m+m's

It is now 9:30pm and I am still not hungery -I can't believe I just wrote that!
See y'all tommorow

Last edited by lusana515 : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 15:39.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 15:58

BF:

I am still here. I am sorry I didn't make it yesterday. To be honest with you, I was exhausted. I usually don't work week-ends but I did yesterday. I had tons of data to put into my computer at work and it took everything out of me. I didn't even want to look at a computer screen.

I have lost a total of 4 lbs for the week. I was hoping it would have been a little more, but will take whatever I can get.

Yesterday's menu

Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
coffee with cream

Lunch
salad with ranch dressing
grilled chicken breast

Dinner RM
salad with ranch dressing
Pork Canitas burrito
ice cream sandwhich.

I didn't drink all of my water like I should have either. I didn't have the time to be running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

Lusana, Yeah, great for you. Nothing like seeing the scale move in the right direction to give you a little motiviation. Some people see results right away after they start CAD and some don't for a couple of weeks. Just remember, you will have days where you don't lose at all, some days where you will gain and then you have the days that you lose. That is why the Heller's want you to average your weight loss. Keep up the good work. We can carry this thread on for another week, if you want. It would not hurt my feelings any. Just let me know, OK..

Lila- How is it going with you?

Gotta run.. Have a good day on plan tomorrow.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 16:14

I would love to keep the tread going for another week I really look forward to your posts-both of you
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

I peeped in on your thread to learn more about the CAD program. Thanks for sharing. Good luck to all of you! Teresa
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 10:54

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi guys, I would like to join you for this week. Today is my first day, so it will help keep me on track AND get critisism if I do something wrong.
I'm only having breakfast right now (late riser), so I'll post my whole day's worth of meals late tonight. - tanya
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:32

BF:

You bet you can join us Tanya. The more the merrier. I think you will find CAD a very liveable program. Let us know if we can help you out. Good luck.

Had a good day on plan, but I think I might have ate a little too much for dinner. I feel uncomfortably full, which is not good.

Yesterday's menu

Breakfast
cheese omelett
coffee with cream

Lunch
tuna salad on celery

Dinner RM
salad
left over pork canitas
green beans
s/f chocolate pudding
diet pepsi.

I am going to try to rid my bike tonight. I need to make sure I do this more often then once a month. I have the worst time getting back into exercising. Once I start, I do enjoy it.

Hope everyone else had a good day on plan.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:43

BF:

Thanks..And i do have questions. I've been posting them all over the board all day.

so today's meals have been

Breakfast- roasted chicken w/salad of greens and shredded cabbage. Some lo carb cream dressing

Lunch( i was real hungry 3 hours after breakfast)-
2 celery stalks w/eggplant caviar
2 eggs w/ a little chicken and slice of swiss cheese w/a teaspoon of redpepper paste. I use it instead of ketchup..nothing in it but mashed peppers i think.
2 breakfast sausages (is this too big?)

Then I was starving like 2 hours later and had to have a snack- I had a slice of swiss, i had another small piece of roasted chicken w/ cucumber and feel much better.

(edited)
reward meal - tuna w/ mayo - not too much beacuse i had a HUGE salad, salad made with cuc, tomato, letuce, cabbage, almonds, sesame seeds, olive oil, vinager, a dash of some onion salad topper stuff, and half a mandarin. Fsew.
I wasn't hungry anymore, but i felt like I needed to have desert since I waited for it all day. I had some strawberries & banana's w whipped cream. Damn hubby braught home cheese cake! So i had a slice of that too. Bad tanya, bad!

Is this menu bad? It's day one, and i'm DEFINITLY feeling that carb withdrawl since I've been going a little overboard with the stuff the last 2 weeks.

Last edited by Sparker34 : Mon, Jan-05-04 at 21:37.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:52

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Cool

Hi

I am starting my second week of CAD. I felt great all day. the best part of all was that I didn't stuff myself at my rm! I have been feeling really good all week. Cravings diminishing and I can always wait until my rm! It is so wonderful. Now to see the scale go down. That will be the greatest. So far it has gone down.5 then up1lb...I need to watch the splenda and drink more water. I am thirsty, another plus!

Hope you all have a great week lc the CAD/CALP way. I am loving it.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 21:15

BF:

Hi Tanya,

Congrats on your first day. Your menu looks fine. Don't stress too much about your portions. Remember, right now you are trying to get all of the carbs out of your system.

Your breakfast looks real good. Don't see anything there that would be a problem. You probably got hungry 2 hours later because your body is rebelling against not having any carbs, and is you are probably use to eating whenever.

Your lunch also looks fine, but not too sure about the redpepper sauce. I don't know much about that. I don't think red peppers are something you should eat at CM, but I could be wrong about this redpepper paste. You only had a teaspoon. If it seems like you are craving after you eat this, you might need to give it up, but if not, don't worry about it right now. Don't worry right now about the quantity of food at your CM's. Once you get your body into balance you will find that you won't be that hungry and will start to cut back on your portion sizes, without even realizing it. You want to make sure that you eat until you are satisfied. One other thing, check the breakfast sausage. Make sure it is not loaded with sugars. Some breakfast sausages are.

If you were starving 2 hrs later, you did the right thing by snacking. You ate the right things too, protein and LC veggies. Good for you.

Your RM sounds good. The best thing to do would be to make sure that you eat your salad, then look at your plate and picture it into 1/3's.. Put your protein in 1/3, LC veggies in 1/3, and carbs, which should include your dessert in the last 1/3. You don't really have to measure this, just sort of eybeball it. You will find by doing this, that you will get your body into balance and all the cravings will leave plus you won't be hungry.

You are off to a good start. Getting thru the carb withdrawls is the worst. Do you have a headache yet? I hate those. They usually last me for a couple of days. Don't worry, tomorrow you will find that you won't be quite as hungry and by the 3rd or 4th day, you will be feeling fantastic.

Good luck and hope this helps.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 17:14

DAY 10- loss so far this week 3.5 lb

Welcome Tanya,your input and support will really be good,I think you will definately stop feeling hungery in a few days ,till then just stay legal on cm's
and enjoy your RM-I sure am

Dianne its good to read your posts and advice thanks

Lila are you ok?missing your input.

Everyone who just pops in ,thanks it makes it so nice to meet you all and read your posts.

OK so yesterday went wrong-I think I ate too many carbs at breakfast and then had a black tea before the 1hour 20mins was up and it triggered bigtime cravings and I couldn't stuff enough sugar in my mouth fast enough .I felt out of control and then managed to drink a large protein shake which calmed it all down and I managed to keep within 1 hour and legal the rest of the day.So really it was a positive result I didnt feel I had blown it I just carried on and today was fine.

YESTERDAYS MENU

CS large milky tea no as<15

CM 2 lc sausages,2 oz cheese,milky tea

black tea

RM 2 small packs potato crisps,peanuts,m+m's,chocolate,2 chocchip cookies,2 oranges,large protein shake using 4 eggs,chocolate powder,milk.Lots sweet milky tea.-(Ok I am not proud of this binge but I want to post it to keep this challenge honest.)

CM 3 slices ham,1 1/2 oz cheese celery 2 sticks

TODAYS MENU

CM tin sardines

RM mega large salad,2 lc sausages,cheese,2 medium jacket potatoes with middle scooped out,butter,orange,apple,small bar chocolate,handful m+M's lots sweet milky tea

cm 2 slices ham,1 oz cheese,salad (lettuce,cue,celery)1 boiled egg little mayo

Boy I ate a lot today I was proberbly paying for yesterdays binge
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 20:10

BF:

Thanks Diane and Lusana. Today has been really good (so far) I even went to the gym. I posted this on the mail board, but I really want to know the answer to this really quickly. I'm drinking black tea with stevia. Now i'm not sure if that's ok to have any time or if that has to be part of my RM too. My hubby is cooking and I'm not sure how long it will take him to finish. I'm praying that it will be int he next 15 minutes, but I doubt it. So that's the question...does it not matter as long as i haven't had food yet?