Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 06:52

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%
Question 2 questions

Hi all!

I was wondering: First of all CAD says that if you don't lose weight fast enough you should only eat 1 CM a day ... on the other hand I read somewhere that skipping meals slows the metabolism. Any opinions on that?

And: how much water should I be drinking?

Thanks everybody ...

Liv
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 08:44

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: 2 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by liv
I read somewhere that skipping meals slows the metabolism. Any opinions on that?

And: how much water should I be drinking?

Liv, skipping meals certainly does slow the metabolism - eating more frequent smaller meals will boost your metabolism and keep blood sugar and insulin from spiking. I realize there are constraints on the CAD program that probably prohibit this - and I am sure someone following the program will be better able to offer advice on this subject.

Water: everyone should be drinking a minimum 64 oz of water a day +8oz for every 25 lbs you wish to lose. More is better in this case - it's the water that flushes out the toxins and burned fat.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 08:50

BF:

Thanks Natrushka, for this advice and the other post too. Unfortunately not too many sites will send used books all the way to Italy ... thanks for the info though..

Liv
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 09:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You can get the rules of induction (current) off the Atkins website, Liv www.atkinscenter.com

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 12:22

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Which plan?

Which plan are you doing? Be sure and read the book, and don't try and combine plans....

CAD says that if you are weighing daily and comparing weekly averages and you are losing less than 1-2 lbs per week you can skip one of your CM's. You don't compare daily weights, you compare your weekly averages........on this plan, skipping a CM won't slow your weight loss, but you need to be sure and follow the book to the letter.

-animaldoc
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 10:23

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default skipping meals

Once in a while I skip breakfast, or I eat it very late sorta like a brunch. What I cannot do is skip supper which is my Reward Meal.

I track EVERYTHING and I know for a fact that skipping supper doesn't help me one bit on the scales. Even if I am not hungry for supper (which is most of the time) I make sure to have a balanced meal even if it is small.

I just gave away my extra CALP book or I would offer to mail it to Italy for ya. Keep looking for it...... it is worth it to have.

Keep up the good work,
Libby
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 02:33

BF:

Thanks Libby! What a kind thought!!! I'll be sure to keep looking!!!

I see you've lost a lot on the CALP: that's very heartening for me!!!

Have a good day!

Liv
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 14:48

BF:
Default life saver

CALP has been my lifesaver. I find it easy to follow..... it's as if they wrote that darn book about ME!

I started on CALP last year and didn't get my foot in the door very well and I set myself up to fail. This time I think I am ready to make it a way of life.

I was 192 pounds on new years day. I felt awful. I was tired all the time and had no interest or ambition to do anything.

I restarted CALP on January 22nd. I was 190 on that day. I lost an amazing amount of weight in the first few weeks and have been loosing about two pounds a week since then.

I feel like a new woman. I can't begin to say how much this is making a difference in my life. I know that WE can ALL do this! I know that you can do it too!

Gosh.... I should be a cheerleader!
Libby

Last edited by Libbyfcr : Fri, Mar-08-02 at 11:16.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 01:47

BF:
Talking

Hey Libby!

You're a great cheerleader indeed!! It's nice to see someone having such a great success on the plan I've chosen ... helps me feel I can do it too... why don't you keep a journal? I guess it would be really interesting ...

Have a good day

Liv
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 11:23

BF:
Default journal

I don't keep an on-line journal. I do keep a journal that goes everywhere with me. It is of all things called a "lil FAT notebook" and it fits in my purse perfectly. I track everything. What time I eat. How I feel. Activities. Moods. If I have a problem I really want to be able to go back and figure it out. It is always available for me to look at.

I already spend way to much time with my butt glued in my puter chair. I figured that an on-line journal would just make it worse! LOL

Have a WONDERFUL day....... you are doing so well!!
Libby