Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question Doctors in Houston, TX?

Hi all!

My parents have recently moved to Houston, TX. They've been LCing for a few years now and loving it. The problem is they had to leave the pro-LC Doctor in Ohio!!

Does anyone have any idea how they can find a Doctor in Houston that is pro-Atkins, or at least is willing to not be critical of it?! I'd appreciate even any suggestions of websites I could look on, even better would be personal recommedations from other Houston residents!

Thanks! I appreciate the help (and they do too!!)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 09:18

Stats: 265/260/200
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Houston Docs

Did you or your parents find any pro-LC doctors here in houston?
I've been trying to find one, just wondering if you had any luck.

Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 11:08
Registered Member

Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Don't I wish!!

Nope - I didn't get a single response! My parents do see a doctor in Houston, and I'm not really sure if he is pro-Atkins, but I know he isn't giving them any flak about it. He's just happy that their weight is good, and their cholesterol and blood pressure are down too! I think my mother told me that he said to keep at it - because it was working! If you'd like his name, just let me know and I'll get the info from my parents.

Keri
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 18:36

Plan: Modified Protein Power
Stats: 420/400/250 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default pro-LC Doc in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by keriberry
Nope - I didn't get a single response! My parents do see a doctor in Houston, and I'm not really sure if he is pro-Atkins, but I know he isn't giving them any flak about it. He's just happy that their weight is good, and their cholesterol and blood pressure are down too! I think my mother told me that he said to keep at it - because it was working! If you'd like his name, just let me know and I'll get the info from my parents.

Keri

My doctor is pro-LC, his name is Arthur Hadley, the office number is 281-597-1010 (it's on Katy Frwy between Dairy-Ashford & Kirkwood). If you like you can mention that I referred you. Oh yeah, one thing you need to know, his practice does not accept anykind of insurance..

Kerry Harrison