Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 08:59

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Hi everyone,
Thank you for the warm welcome. It’s nice to see that all of you are doing so well. I hope to join your ranks diet-wise and stay motivated. At this point in my life (old), I find it extremely difficult to lose. I can stick to the diet, but in a month’s time, I lost one pound. I’m trying to convince myself to look at the bright side – at least, I didn’t gain, and a pound lost is still a pound gone.
Sitting at the computer is a no-no for me and posting is not a regular thing for me, but I do like to tune in now and then, and I will always support your WOE and your losses. It’s so good to see so many folks still benefitting from Dr. A’s wonderful advice. Until next time,
Sherri
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 12:33

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello 👋 all,

So glad to see everyone checking in.

De.... I brought my jalapeño relish too for Florida that way I didn’t have to worry! I also brought my dressing just red wine vinegar and olive oil. Got a bunch of packets when we hit up subway!
Your day with grands sounds fabulous! 106 Lordy it only 59 and raining here!

Hello dear Jo, Amy and Sherri!
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #243   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 21:06

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Well crap, my post disappeared...starting over!

Another hot day today so I’ve been hibernating all day. Getting some housework & cooking done plus listening to postcasts as I get things done.

We always take supplies and coolers on car trips, but usually not when flying ( except for my coffee). Just seems easier to pick up supplies once I get there!

Sherri, have you been LC since 2010 without breaks? Some of us here are also grandmas & I’m also retired. What area of CA are you in? I grew up in CA.

Good to see everyone who is posting here! Have a great weekend all
  #244   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 12:02

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi All

Paulette, you must be busy growing your veggies and herbs in the short northern summer season. Probably soaking in your pool too . Miss ya!

Wow, Delaney, soooo hot hot hot there. Yikes 106. Hibernation is a good plan...like we do in winter in the north.

What is the brand of jalapeno relish you use, Berni? I found dill relish but not jalapeno at my store. It sounds really good!

Sherri, a pound a month is much better than gaining!!

Yes Jo, I get extra pay for OT. Extra stress too. But I do what I can. I know it will take your level of persistence (stubborness) for me too, to not regain. Although I never eat carbs, I just plain eat too much if I lift my eyes from focus. Stress makes me hungry

Not sure if I mentioned I am back to weighing once a month. Daily has never worked for me. I'd like to shift these pounds that crept back and find maintenance!

Thanks for being here everyone!
  #245   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 18:34

BF:

Hi friends!

OMG...get this. My DH bought a book and decided to go Keto, now he thinks he has the keto flu. He keeps saying he’s not hungry, then I fix myself something and suddenly he wants it too. this is going to be fun! Not. It wouldn't be so bad except he doesn’t help with cooking or cleaning, except on a rare occasion. I’m annoyed.

Hi Amy, like you I don’t like weighing myself every day. I weigh once a week or so.

We can get jalapeño relish at Albertsons. It’s next to the dill relish. You can make your own from the slices too. That’s what I’ve been doing since we have a large jar of sliced jalapeños.

Thanks for reading about my rant today. Have a good one all
  #246   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 06:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy Sunday, Ladies!

Hope this finds everyone doing well on this spectacular day!

Sherri:
Imma almost 60, so I'd put myself in the "old" category as well! Well, I DON'T feel or act old...

If you wanna share what you're eating, maybe we can figure out why you're not losing as quickly as you like. Also, if you're on meds, some can definitely affect weight-loss, as you probably already know.

And you're absolutely correct losing a pound is better than gaining!

Amy:
I make my own jalapeño relish too. I buy the super size jar of La Costena sliced jalapeños (64 oz) at Wally World for like less than $4.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/La-Coste...-64-Oz/10309325

I drain it; save the jalapeño juice for my salad dressing and put it thru the food processor in small batches. I put it in the friggie in small plastic mayo jars I've saved... It's amazing in tuna salad, etc!

I completely understand why you don't weigh but once a month, it can be so stressful.

I've always been a daily weigh-er and still am.

I've never let the scale dictate my mood/emotions whatever, b/c I KNOW/KNEW I was doing everything under my CONTROL to affect my weight and improve my health, KWIM?

De:
No worries about your "rant"! THIS is totally a RANT zone!

Sorry to hear your RDH doesn't cook or help around the house... my ex-husband was like that, enuff said!

BUT, that's awesome that he is going Keto...sorry to hear he has the keto flu. Hope he gets over that quickly!

Me:
Keeping myself busy with guitar playing, sewing and I finished that baby afghan. Dets and pics are in my journal!

Still rockin' and rollin' all aspects of my WOE/WOL! No complaints, no issues, no cravings & no temptations! Totally 💚 love this!

Onward, my LC Friends!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Jun-24-18 at 06:48. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #247   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 08:37

BF:

Hi All,

So last night DH said he wasn’t hungry and didn’t want to eat, so I got busy making ME some tuna. He says what ya making? I say making myself some tuna since you don’t want to eat. Oh! Lol... that was that!

Thanks Jo, sometimes I just gotta rant

Have a good Sunday all
  #248   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 11:50

BF:

Hello all,

De..., Rant all you want this is a safe zone!

Sherri.... I am in the old category also and have hypothyroidism so losing takes a long time!

Hot today in the Midwest so did trail walk early and gave dogs their brushing and just doing things to do
  #249   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 12:46

BF:

Thanks for tips on jalapeno relish. I found some at a different store but it had 4 carbs per serving so I will try making my own. Thank you for directions!

Husbands are funny people. (Funny as in very frustrating at times!) Mine thinks he goes keto and eats my bacon or something but then treats himself to something carby (like beer) later in the day. Not how it works! He has never been fat like me though. I don't think everyone needs to be keto but I need to be.

It is looking like another busy week. My plan is to follow my buddies' examples here and be prepared each day!

Have a great afternoon!
  #250   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 13:40

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everybody!

I know I haven't been around for a while, but I had good reason. My boyfriend had to be admitted to the hospital for heart problems, then my Aunt hurt her ankle and I was spending time going back and forth! It has been hectic, but Ed is OK and back home. I took the last couple days off just to relax and get some me-time in. Lounging by my pool, taking care of my flowers, stuff like that.

(I only have a little 12' x 32" inflatable pool which I float around in)

I am trying to get back into my rhythm. Seems like my whole sleep schedule and eating schedules have been disrupted. But I have been on plan and even managed to go down 1.2 lbs since I last logged on! So now I only have 17.6 lbs to goal! At least that is a ray of sunshine around here.

I went back and read the last few pages of posts to try and catch up on what you all are up to! And I apologizes for not addressing any directly, but you were all on my mind.

Ed and I will be going out to meet a couple friends at our local bar in a few minutes. I bring my own water seasoning with me. I have been grooving on the A&W flavor lately! I get it at Dollar Tree. I have not been drinking at all for a long time now. And I like my root beer flavored water.

I hope to get back on here regularly again. I prefer my old routine. Too much stress lately.

You all have a great day!
  #251   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 13:56

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Hi everybody,

To answer the question, about my history, I started in 2010. I had gained a lot of weight largely due to predisone for 16 years and an insatiable appetite. In 2010, I had finally been weaned away from predisone. Between 2010 and 2011, I lost 45-50 pounds. I maintained that until 2015 when the pounds started to creep up because I had not kept on track with my WOE. I lapsed into ice cream and the like and gradually kept gaining and putting off getting back to business. So for the past 3 years, I have been sabotaging myself and spoiling a lot of what I had accomplished. Now here we are in 2018, and I really need to be serious about losing 15 pounds.

I have been quite strict for a month now, but the weight doesn’t budge much – only one pound. My plan is to stick with it and something breaks – I hope. Thank you for being interested and encouraging.

Sherri
ps: I am in Southern California.
  #252   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 15:09

BF:

Oh my goodness, Paulette, I am sorry to hear about Ed's heart and also your aunt's ankle. Glad they are doing better and that you are also taking care of yourself! kutgw!

Sherri --sticking with it -- me too. That is the only way to get there. That elusive maintenance will be conquered. (I hope.)
  #253   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Good Morning, Ladies!

Wishing everyone a totally terrific day!

De:
at "I just gotta rant!" It's all good, my friend!

Berni:
I totally hear ya on "HOT" today! It's pretty toasty here as well! That's why I do my walking before the butt crack of dawn when it's still in the low 70s!

Today's gonna be around 97 and !

Amy:
That's so cool that your DH is "doing" Keto even if he does treat himself to something carby occasionally. At least he knows and can appreciate what our WOE is all about, right?

Even though you have a busy week ahead of you, I hope you find sometime to just chil-lax and take care of YOU, girlie!

Paulette:
Wow, you've had a lot on your plate lately. Glad to hear Ed is recovering and hope your Aunt's ankle is better too!

HUGE Congrats on your 1.2 lbs CLOSER to your GOAL! Woot! Woot!

Sherri:
Quote:
So for the past 3 years, I have been sabotaging myself and spoiling a lot of what I had accomplished.
Been THERE, done THAT, too many flippin' times to count most of my adult life...
Quote:
My plan is to stick with it and something breaks...
I always think about the alternative if I weren't following my WOE and it's NOT an OPTION. I will not be "Fat Jo" again b/c it's totally my choice. That's pretty good self-motivator, IMHO!

I know you'll be able to lose those 15 lbs, you've GOT THIS!

Me:
Six more weeks off until my 1st in-service day. Keeping out of trouble with all my various hobbies.

Weekly Maintenance Update:
4 years, 5 months and counting b/c I REFUSE to REGAIN!

Exercising and eating are 100% on point = NO problems or complaints!
Totally 💚 love that!

Onward, my LC Friends!
  #254   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 13:02

BF:

Hello all,

Paulette... sorry to hear about your Ed and auntie! Way to go on staying on plan and losing weight even with all the stress!

Sherrie... Just stick to the lowest carbs you can and the plan you have chosen. If you are faithful the weight will come off. I have to watch kcal and portion control to maintain weight loss.
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
De... are you working out 🏋️‍♀️ today! How the grandkiddies doing
  #255   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 18:53

BF:

Ugh...

Cable and Internet was out most of the day. It was on a little bit this morning before I went to the gym and it just came back on.

After the gym I spent my time reading and going to Trader Joe’s. Dinner is a salad with grilled chicken

Paulette...sorry to hear about your troubles, but it’s good that Ed is better. Those inflatable pools come in handy

Sherri..keep hanging in there. Thanks for telling your story!

Jo.... just six weeks left of your summer vacation? Time is flying girl!

Amy, wow what are they putting in that jalapeño relish to make it that carby? Crazy! Best to make your own then.

Berni...I have 2 of the grands tomorrow and we are taking the 3 for photos the next day. I went for my 90 mins at the gym today. I’ll go again on Thursday & then either Friday or Saturday.