Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 18:06

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose
Hi girls and thanks for the welcome to our JUDDD site over here!!

Wow Rox you are doing fantastic! And you too LJ! And just think, you can eat like your skinny minny hubby every other day if you want to and not have to worry either. I LOVE JUDDD!!

Thanks for posting so many yummy sounding recipes! I may have to check them out one day. For now I am making really fast DD recipes because of splitting my time between FT work and FT school. Would rather spend the time on exercise and UD recipes for now. I have saved some documents on my computer from fast DD suggestions from the "other" site. Once I get to my desktop later, let me find them and I will post my faves here. So nice to have "old" friends to share JUDDD with!! Thanks again for the invite!

MD/UD for me these days on Sat/Sun during classes. I am doing DD Mon-Wed-Fri for about 10 weeks total. Not weighing at this point in time, going by how clothes are fitting. As they start to get a bit bigger, I will weigh in at that point. Trying not to stress about the dreaded scale number with being so close to goal. For so many years I would go CRAZY eating when I got this close to goal. Of course that was when I was in deprivation mode with other woe, which JUDDD doesn't have as a down side thankfully. Still, hard to break out of mindsets that have been there for years.

Excited for you LJ on your August goal, looks like you will make it with your current successes. My goal is another 10 by mid August, that's a bit less than what I did last year spring/summer and would put me at ~ 135. Will see how I feel at that number at that time.

A lovely rest of the day to you girls.

great to have you here....i got most of the dd recipes from the other site also, then decided i would look at hungry girl site...lots there also...nice to have you here since your a veteran juddd'er
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 18:07

and tomorrow we eat...

#33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 18:12

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup bottled picante sauce
3 oz. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1 tsp. ground cumin or chili powder
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups bottled green taco sauce
recipe directions
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, picante sauce, cream cheese, and cumin. Cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the taco sauce evenly over top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350*F for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.

serves 8....272 cals per serving
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 18:17

Pumpkin Streusel Pie

(20 votes) Move your mouse over the stars then click to vote.
recipe ingredients
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
BROWN SUGAR TOPPING
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon margarine, softened
recipe directions
Heat oven to 350°. Spray pie plate, 10 × 1 1/2 inches, with cooking spray. Prepare Brown Sugar Topping by combining ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
Place remaining ingredients in blender or food processor in order listed. Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled.

serves 8....184 cals serving
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 18:22

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes

1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt or seasoned salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
recipe directions
For sauce, in a small saucepan, stir together milk, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, if desired. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in onion. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick spray coating. Place half of the potatoes in the casserole. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and sauce. Bake, covered, in a 350*F. oven about 65 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with parsley.

serves 8...104 cals per serving
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

So glad to see you here Barb.

I know that you have a lot more JUDDD'g under your belt than I do.

This place feels like home to me. I wasn't feeling it on the other site at all. Hence, starting this new home on a great established site.

Anything that you can find/add that will help me or anyone else that is lurking around thinking about doing JUDDD will be appreciated.

Hope you have a great evening too. Are you out of school on spring break? My youngest is a Sophomore and is out all next week.

Thanks my friend.
Rox
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 20:58

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

More yummy recipes, thanks LJ!

Here is a compilation of DD recipes from the other site that I have collected over the past year, will add more as able. These are meant to be quick and easy for those crazy busy days.

THE BEST OF QUICK AND EASY DD IDEAS

Add a bit of milk or light cream (or vanilla coffee creamer or heavy cream) to cold diet soda; tastes quite like an ice cream float for about half a million calories less!!!

There are lots of sf popsicles available...Philly Swirl is only 14 calories.

I'll make a latte with nf milk, 90 calories and vanilla syrup ( di Vinci ) and I blend it really really well with lots of ice and kind of make a coffee slushy. I use a straw and a spoon. It's very satisfying and you get a little caffeine.

Dannon Oikos non-fat/plain Greek yogurt (80 calories) with 2 tsp of protein powder and a splash of davinchi SF syrup. (Lots of protein and filling for about 100 calories- depends on the protein powder)

1 splenda and cinnamon works too. As does a tsp of PB2 and 1 splenda!

BEEFY ONION-MUSHROOM SOUP: 60 Calories
1 Can Beef Broth (40 cal)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, condensed (275 cal)
1 Envelope Onion Soup, dry mix (100 cal)
5-1/2 Cups water
8 Oz. Mushrooms, fresh, sliced (50 cal)
1 Tbsp. Parsley, dried flakes (4)
1 tsp. Garlic, powder (9)

Simmer the ingredients all together until mushrooms are tender and flavors have mingled.
Serving size is 1 cup. Makes 8 servings.

Andrea's Easy Turkey & Bean Soup

1 cup chicken broth (5)
1/2 cup French cut green beans (20)
3 slices Oscar Mayer honey turkey, torn (25)
Dried minced onion and salt, to taste

Put everything into a sealed container ahead of time (I take this to work with me). Heat in microwave when ready to eat. I also added a few good shakes of my tastefully simple spinach/herb mix to the broth with everything else. It added a nice flavor and some color. Filling and satisfying for just 50 calories.

A whole sliced cucumber with a small can of tuna is very filling and has a good mix of protein and bulk. A little ACV or low cal dressing on top and you're good to go.

Second the cucumber idea. I slice them and layer with a very thinly sliced onion (red onion, usually), sprinkle with some apple cider vinegar and cracked pepper then add some water to the container.

Beef or chicken broth. A warm cup with an added splash of apple cider vinegar and a little hot sauce can stop the growelies.

I also like to add 1/2 can (50 cal) of drained chunk white tuna on top of mixed greens along with some celery, cucumbers (raw veggies of your choice). Maple Grove has a nice fat free / sugar free Raspberry dressing (2 T = 5 cal). Really dresses up the tuna.

Turkey Taco: I like Foster Farms Oven Roasted Turkey Breast for 30 calories a slice. (find it in your deli section).I lay it out like a taco, put a bit of shredded cabbage on it and then line up sliced hot peppers on top of the cabbage. I hold it like a taco when I eat it.

I nuke some turkey pepperonis and dip it in laughing cow yummy!

Wrap thin sliced turkey around a dill pickle spear and munch away. I have been having those for lunch these days at work.

YoCheese Pudding (Greek yogurt (I strain Dannon), sweetener, low sugar jam or few sprinkles of sf dry jello mix, whipped cream)

Cream of Chicken Broth I add 2 tablespoons of light cream (55-60 calories) to 2 cups of chicken broth (I use bouillon cubes or paste). Grated (cooked) zucchini is nice too...it "feels" like noodles.

*** Progresso Light Soups; particularly the Southwestern Vegetable variety, with 60 calories per cup. Not high protein, but (for me) very satisfying.

Just had one of those low cal hot chocolate drinks. 38 cals for a big mug of hot sweet chocolaty goodness. Certainly hit the spot and took away the empty feeling.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 21:01

BF:

MORE DOWN DAY FAVES

Cream of Chicken Broth I add 2 tablespoons of light cream (40 calories) to 2 cups of chicken broth (I use bouillon
cubes or paste-5 cals per serving). Grated (cooked) zucchini is nice too...it "feels" like noodles. Cracked pepper over top and stir.

One can Bumblebee tuna (100 cals) with 1/2 cup cottage cheese (80) and dill pickle spears (20). Lots to eat for 200 cals.

Egg Beaters (60) and vegan Boca burger (70), make like an omelet and serve with 1/4 cup salsa (20) = 150 cals total.

Lots of water with lemon.

I make a hot protein shake out of my coffee..... it's yummy. I make my coffee like normal, pretty strong. Dump it into the blender. Then I add a scoop and a half of vanilla flavored protein powder, some cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, some coconut oil, and some stevia. I also sometimes add some plain hershey's baker cocoa to it. Once in awhile I add some nut butter, like a teaspoon. I have that for breakfast on a lot of days, DD and UD both - just varies as to what I add to it due to calories. I need my protein in the morning and I need my coffee!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coffee: 6 oz coffee with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder plus 1 TBSP PB2 and blend. About 80 cals.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 21:03

BF:

Low (ish) Carb Down Day Staples

Hard-boiled eggs & Deviled Eggs. I like to make fast and easy deviled eggs by slicing hb eggs in half and topping each half with some mayo, mustard, and black pepper. If you like things spicy, some cayenne powder or hot pepper sauce would be good on it too. Approximately 90 - 120 calories per "deviled egg", depending on the size of the egg, how much mayo and what kind of mayo. OR HB Egg with mustard for Pretzel with salt and mustard taste.

Savory snack plate. I like to eat slowly from items on a plate, such as olives, ham or turkey slices wrapped around Laughing Cow or a little regular cheese or cream cheese, mixed giardinara (spicy, crunchy, pickled veggies), etc. You mix and match what's on the plate depending on what you have, but some other items are slices of pepperoni, bacon slice cut into pieces, deviled egg, cubes of cheese, sauerkraut, (I like savory, spicy, salty, and pickled stuff together since I was a kid), crackers, bits of good bread with evoo, etc. Of course, you have to adjust for the calories in whatever you have. Nibble on any combination of these things or whatever else you like, and it can be very satisfying and take a while to eat.
Thin sliced lunchmeat with LC Cheese wrapped around a dill pickle. Soy Rice Crackers from TJ’s.

Cream of Chicken Broth I add 2 tablespoons of light cream (55-60 calories) to 2 cups of chicken broth (I use bouillon cubes or paste). Grated (cooked) zucchini is nice too...it "feels" like noodles.

***Check Lean Cuisine. There are 2 or 3 of their frozen dinners that have 200 cals or less. The steak tips with portabello mushrooms and broccoli is 170. There are a few chicken ones as well. Not the best choice, but in a pinch and paired with a salad and no-cal dressing, a complete meal

***I love turkey pepperoni and light string cheese as a snack! Microwave turkey pepperoni too

Curry Chicken I also recommend curry pastes. I don't use the Kitchens of India brand, but another that comes in a jar I keep in my fridge. I heat up some onions in a little bit of oil in a pan, then my protein, then whatever frozen veg I want (often cauliflower, which takes curry very well), then add some curry paste and water. Simple, fast, very low calorie, and very tasty. YUM! **Maybe try Thai Chili sauce???

*** Progresso Light Soups; particularly the Southwestern Vegetable variety, with 60 calories per cup. Not high protein, but (for me) very satisfying.

Eggfuyung (1 egg plus 2 whites and half a bag of bean sprouts, mustard powder and ginger and coconut aminos or soy sauce for a big plate of food under 150cal

Green salad with ACV or Balsamic Vinegar and a can of tuna (or 4oz very lean beef or chicken or pork) and a chopped small apple or small orange segmented for under 250cal

Fish tostada! crisp a thin corn tortilla (40cal or less) in microwave for 2 minutes. Pan cook a 4oz tilapia filet with some lime juice and sea salt and place on tortilla, top with 1 cup or more preshredded cabbage mixed with .25 cup greek yogurt and 2T or so green salsa and a dash more lime juice for a 200cal meal

Mexican Cottage Cheese Salad 160 cals
1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese (80 cals)
1/4 cup kidney or black beans, drained (60 cals)
1/4 cup chunky salsa (20 cals)

Combine ingredients and serve on lettuce if desired
1 cup any lettuce or field greens (8 cals)

Fried rice
I coated 3 filets of tilapia or shrimp, cut up in bite-size pieces, in seasoning (just grabbed one - I think it was Creole) and cooked it in a small skillet with a bit of coconut oil.

While that was cooking, in a large skillet, on medium/high, I stir fried the "coleslaw mix", green onion, mushrooms, some frozen peas, and seasonings (salt, pepper, ginger, a bit of cayenne, garlic, onion powder).

In a bowl, beat a couple eggs (I've used up to 5 eggs before). If you are saving calories, then just use the egg whites. Mix in 5 T. soy sauce.

Pour the egg/soy sauce in the skillet and mix well. Add the seafood and mix and heat everything well. Adjust seasoning.

Cucumber Salad **Half of this recipe is enough for the week!
2lbs cucumber- I half peel mine. slice somewhat thin 108 calories (approx 4 cukes)
2 oz Thin Sliced Red Onion 22 calories = 1/2 cup or ~ 1/4 red onion
1 cup Rice Vinegar (Must be the Sugar Free one!! I made the mistake of NOT getting Sugar free- 25 cal/T!!) The Sugar Free is Calorie FREE!!
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder (can use fresh garlic)
Couple shakes of Onion powder- optional
1/4 tsp Dill Weed
Pinch or 2 or Crushed Red Pepper (the kind for pizza topping) OPTIONAL

Whole recipe 130 Calories!!! I don't count spices

I mix all the dressing ingredients in the bottom of my Tupperware then add the cukes and onions. At this time I will stir all the ingredients together, then put the lid on and try to hold the tupperware in different positions to cover all the vegetables. Stir in a few hours if you think about it!

Swai with Cilantro Rice 140 cals
Pan fried swai (4oz) 70c
Sprinkle with onion and garlic powder, S & P
Serve on corn tortilla 45 cals - microwave for 2 minutes, turn over after one minute

Optional: 1/4 of a bag of frozen cauliflower "riced" 45c
lime juice, cilantro, diced tomato 25c

Blueberry "Cobbler"
Handful of blueberries
Handful of oats
1/2 c. cottage cheese
Sweetener to taste

I use frozen blueberries and nuke them for 20 seconds or so, then smush them up a little. Throw in the oats (old-fashioned or quick), cottage cheese, and the sweeteners. Mix it all up, nuke it for 20 seconds to a minute (I like it warm) and eat.

I add a Splenda and Truvia packet, and a couple squirts of sf DaVinci Blueberry syrup. Very adaptable - add more oatmeal, less cottage cheese, different fruit, etc.

Good filling DD breakfast 103 cals OR 105 cals

1/4 cup cooked quick steel cut oats 38 cals OR 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese 40 cals
1/4 cup pumpkin puree 20 cals
1/4 cup egg beaters 30 cals
cinnamon and nutmeg
pumpkin pie spice - optional
walden farms 2 TBSP SF maple syrup 15 cals
8 gtts stevia or 2 packets

blend and heat in the microwave for 1:45 or so

Thai Curry on my down days. I use low fat coconut milk, curry paste, chicken or shrimp, chicken broth, fish sauce, lime juice and whatever veg I have around. It's good over shirataki and pretty filling. It should be quite low calorie since the coconut milk I'm using is only 60 calories a cup.

Miracle Rice rinsed and dried --one wedge parmesan peppercorn melted in--(I use the Sonoma Jack light version, but I know Weight Watchers does one too--the sonoma light is only 25 calories. a little extra S & P
really, such a nice bowl of yummy for 25 cals.

Just had one of those low cal hot chocolate drinks. 38 cals for a big mug of hot sweet chocolaty goodness. Certainly hit the spot and took away the empty feeling.

Beef broth with a good splash of apple cider vinegar and Tabasco

Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic Chicken (210 calories and fabulous!). I even eat the Honey Balsamic Chicken for lunch on UDs - it's that good!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 21:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
Found this info for newbies or peeps considering JUDDD

Up Days: On the following Up Days, you may eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat. It is recommended that your given Daily Calorie Needs figure be your guide.

The important principle of JUDDD is to adhere to the Down Day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat up to your calorie needs figure on your Up Days.

Hunger Management: The key to success on the Down Day is learning what works for you. Remember that you can eat tomorrow.

Thanks LJs Mom for posting info for newbies from the JUDDD book. Great starting info. The only caveat I want to add is about what is in bold above....

Once the SIRT 1 gene is activated and in our system, some find that their appetites drop off, on both UD and DD. This can be very freeing and enjoyable for sure. But some think they don't need to worry about getting their UD cals in, and they stop losing or stall for quite a while, because the cal differential is no longer there to confuse our bodies to keep losing. We are actually going into starvation mode at that point and our bodies are conserving calories and weight to "survive". I have seen this time and again on the other site, so someone started a thread there called "You gotta eat!!". Great info for anyone experiencing a stall, in case we are not monitoring our cals close enough at that point simply because we are not hungry...
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks Barb for all the wonderful DD suggestions and great info for the thread.
UD today for me, and thanks to your last post, I will make sure I get all my calories in.

So my friends, if you have been at a stall doing LC and need a change, check out JUDDD. It might just be what you are searching for.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Rox
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 07:47

Thanks Barb for all the recipes and great info...

I am soooooo excited, I was down another 4 pds this week...that is a total of 16 pds for 3 weeks...i will take it

I have had this headache now for 2 days, so not hungry but know I must eat since it is an UD....

Tomorrow starts spring break from this job...woooohoo then will just have to work night job

Have a great Monday JUDDD-ettes,,lol <3
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 08:34

B; 1/2 bowl cream of wheat with butter and truvia...80 cals...not sure I like the truvia...
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 10:34

Plan: EatRealFood!
Stats: 186/175/157 Female 68 inches
BF:30%/27%/15%
Progress: 38%

Keep the tips and recipes coming ladies!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-13, 11:23

Still fighting a headache and some other life issues so i am not hungry at all...I know I am going to be low on my cals today but I just dont feel well...

L; ham sandwich with miracle whip/12 doritos...400 cals