Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:59
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 178/174/155 Female 170 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Caesar salad dressing & protein bars

On my own made-up low carb thing, I was using an organic, all-natural caesar salad dressing that I'd hate to give up. It doesn't have anything in it that's on SP's banned list. Is this fine to keep using on SP?

I've also been eating Atkins protein bars for breakfast - I work at an insanely early hour of the morning and there's no contest in the battle between sleep and food when the alarm goes off. They're full of stuff I can't even pronounce so they're probably a no-no, right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 22:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

HI! Your dressing sounds like it would be just fine, the Atkins bar is a no because of the list of artificial ingredients. I had a hard time giving up Zone bars because of convenience and they are so incredibly good. I finally did and really don't miss them. I have replaced it with other convenient healthy foods. Good Luck!

Piano
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 12:31
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, Piano - can you give me some examples of what you're eating instead of the bars?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 13:48
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cat-chick:

The only ingredient in the caesar dressing would probably be worchestershire sauce (b/c it contains sugar). Not sure if it's in yours or not. The SP cookbook has a SP-friendly caesar salad dressing. I tried it, but didn't like it. In the scheme of things, I'm not going to fret over 1 tsp of worchestershire in an entire recipe.

As for breakfast, I did a search for you for "breakfast" threads that you might find helpful:
Breakfast Links

A quick one you can make up the night before is yogurt /w cottage cheese, fruit and stevia. Peanut butter on toast is always good. Of course, you'd have to balance these with veggies.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 13:54.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 20:53
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Wanda! My caesar dressing doesn't have W sauce - just loads and loads of garlic! Yummy for me, not so nice for my husband, but oh well!

Thanks for the breakfast link, too - I'm also going to try some of Diane's recipes from SP and see if they hold up well overnight and microwaved the next day.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Really, like Wanda suggested do a search under breakfast. I am in a rut and usually do cottage cheese, cream and berries. It is super fast. When I keep boiled eggs on hand, I usually eat them, they are a quick protein grab too. There are some other threads here under the Schwarzbein others have the same problem and have some creative ideas.

Good Luck,
Piano