Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 22:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up Vancouver discount

Hi folks,

While walking today, I spotted a new (or I've never noticed it before) health store in Kits near the Burrard bridge, called ReFlex. I always like to visit health stores and give them a hard time about getting into the low-carb wave

But to my surprise, despite being a small shop, they had more low-carb products than I have seen in Vancouver stores. They had the Zone bars, and low-carb bars, several brands, including some I never heard of. They also had the ProLean Chips. Any way, I spent some time talking to the owner, and they "dig" low-carb and noticed customers increasingly interested in more products.

Here's the deal. We agreed to co-promote eachother. They'll send their low-carbing customers our way, and we'll send Vancouverite members their way (they'll show up first in our yellow pages for BC)

In addition, if you go there, mention you heard about them from "lowcarb.ca" and you'll get a 10% discount.

I'll be in touch with them and see what else they'll bring in stock, I mentioned Flax-o-Meal and gave them the URL to check them out.

ReFlex
1685 Chestnut Street
Vancouver, BC V6J 4M6
604-738-6651

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Lightbulb Hmmmmmm....

Nice work, Wa'il.

While you're at it and if you talk to them again, you might want to mention that LowCarb FoodExperts Canada is receptive to Distributor/Agent/Wholesale discussion on LowCarb products, specializing in import, labelling and brokerage issues...

Meanwhile, I think I'll learn from you and borrow your approach with interested local (Victoria and Vancouver Island) HFS and regular stores, if you don't mind?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 14:50
Forum Founder

Sounds good. And if you want to call them directly, ask for Ben, he's the owner.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 15:27

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking I can't Believe it's under my nose!

I work in the next building from Reflex and I walk by there everyday. I live 10 minutes from there also.

Now that I know they sell LowCarb products, I will point all my co-workers there.

Thanks for the info Wa'il.

Happy Holidays!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171/171/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi,

I live in Surrey. I am trying to locate a health food stores which sells low carb bread mixes, jams, cereals, etc.

To order from the states, it costs about $30 US in JUST shipping. They have to ship Priority UPS or something .

Rajinder
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:21

Stats: 235/225/155
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Surrey Health Food Store

Hi Rajinder,
You might want to try "Innervisions health and books Inc." located at #405-15940 fraser Hwy. Surrey Phone: 604-596-3937.
The owners are: Bernadette Novack and Mary Fitzgerald. Give them a shout.

Cheers
Sharon

Do not follow the common path. Go where there is no path and leave a trail.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:33
Forum Founder

Default Re: Surrey Health Food Store

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonC
Hi Rajinder,
You might want to try "Innervisions health and books Inc." located at #405-15940 fraser Hwy. Surrey Phone: 604-596-3937.
The owners are: Bernadette Novack and Mary Fitzgerald. Give them a shout.

Hi Sharon,

Could you tell us a bit more about this store, and what they carry?

We have our "LC Yellow Pages" application (link to the right) and we try to keep it up to date with such information.

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 16:23

Stats: 235/225/155
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default List

I'll get you a list of what they carry. I'll go out there tommorrow for you and let you know.

Cheers Sharon
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Question

tamarian,

Is this store, ReFlex, still carrying alot of LowCarb Products? Any new ones? Thanks

Candice
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 14:08
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Candiflip
tamarian,

Is this store, ReFlex, still carrying alot of LowCarb Products? Any new ones?

Hi Candice,

I didn't notice anything new, but they still carry the same stock. I mostly go there for the protein powders, they have many brands.

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 11:29

Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Smile Vancouver Support

Hi there, I'm pretty new to this stuff, I started Atkins June 4 and I lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks, now I seem to have slowed right down. I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist though, but I find I'm feeling like this is going to be a long haul and slow. I live in the Kits area and wondered what kind of support is available, do you have get togethers, walking groups? Let me know, I'm also finding I have no imagination for cooking and am eating the same way all the time. I'm trying to stay on induction as I have about 90 more pounds to lose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 11:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Do we ever Debbie!

The forum you have posted to has mucho posts on Vancouver activities.

This is the latest get together, happening next week: Vancouver - Dinner with Melinda?

We also have pot-lucks - I hope you like dogs - the occasional coffee, dinners at the Fish House and it seems like we go out for dinner once a month.

There are a lot of Vancouverites on this board and it would be nice to see them all come out to the gatherings, so don't be shy.

Karen
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 21:29

Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks for writing back Karen, who is Melinda? Please let me know. Would it be appropriate to come to something if I don't know anyone? I would be very interested in getting to know some people. We have only lived in Kits for a year and don't really know anyone yet. I love dogs and cats and had to give ours up to move here from Bella Coola and miss them dearly. Stay in touch, all the support you can give is greatly appreciated.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 17:09

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally posted by dabrahamso
Would it be appropriate to come to something if I don't know anyone? I would be very interested in getting to know some people. We have only lived in Kits for a year and don't really know anyone yet. I love dogs and cats and had to give ours up to move here from Bella Coola and miss them dearly. Stay in touch, all the support you can give is greatly appreciated.

Deb,

As a regular member of Vancouver gatherings, YES, it is appropriate for you to come join us if you don't know anyone. When I started LCing I didn't know another soul on this WOL, so when I saw an invitation to coffee, I mustered my courage & went to meet total strangers. It was one of the best things I've done in recent years. I've got some great new friends & we all LOVE to LC!