Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 22:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 307/252.5/239 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:????
Progress: 80%
Wink Inducted Red Lobster

Hi everyone
I am new to the message forum but I just wanted to say how wonderful everyone is here.
I just started Atkins this week..and lost 6 pounds in three days. I was dieting before...but at a stand still. I have lost 35 pounds so far, with alot to go to meet my goals. I made a few goals...so that I reach them little by little.

I have to say that I was so afraid of Wednesdays, and making my diet stick because my husband and I always go to Red Lobster for dinner as its his day off, time to get away! I made it...It was a snap and easy to do...and I knew what to eat without even thinking.
I didn't order my usual pepsi...I had water.
I ordered crab legs and cracked them all before eating them...(which was a chore) the meat didn't even add up to half a cup...I asked for broccoli instead of potatoe and had a regular salad minus tomatoes with vinegar and oil on the side. It had cheddar cheese on it. The dinner came with melted butter, which I barely touched but could have! I didn't even have an urge to eat the wonderful garlic/cheese bisquits...they didn't even taunt me. I am so proud of myself for getting through this day that I could do cart wheels...Well maybe at this weight...just jump for joy! Best wishes to everyone and....keep on taking care of yourselves....have fun dieting.....! Granmums
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 03:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/155/155 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 100%

congratulations on refusing the biscuts. i have never smoked crack or anything, but i imagine my love and addiction for those things to be somewhat like a junkie has for crack. i just cant say no. so i have stayed away from red lobster for now.
good for you, and keep up the good work.
dawn
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 05:30

Stats: 178/157/145 Female 67 in.
BF:
Progress: 64%

Way to go! A positive restaurant experience like that can go a long way towards keeping you on track. You're doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 06:10

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

DH and I go to Red Lobster frequently, too. And I always get the crab legs. Don't be afraid to eat the butter - it ups your fat intake (a good thing) and makes the crab legs yummy.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 07:52

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Red Lobster is LOW CARB HEAVEN!! So many good things to eat there. The only hard part is avoiding those yummy biscuits and cocktail sauce.

Congrats! That's a WONDERFUL accomplishment.

~Angi~
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Way to go, I love to eat out, and so many people are worried about doing so while eating this way. But I find it fairly easy, as long as you steel yourself against the bread. My problem with Red Lobster is I always used to order the fried platter (I can't imagine that right now, but I did love it!) and I am a bit afraid of going, ordering something else and being disappointed if I don't like it as well.

That aside, congrats on your success, and on continuing to live your life and making this WOE work for you.

Susan
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:20
Registered Member

Thumbs up From Red to Country

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I am glad to say that after my trip to Red Lobster yesterday...I am down 2 pounds. Since starting on Atkins 5 days ago, I have lost six pounds...YEAH! I must tell you all that I was watching my weight before starting Atkins and lost 30 pounds in three mos. I was not dieting perse` just cutting down fats and amount I ate...I knew I wasn't doing a healthy diet, that is why I looked into Atkins. I bought Ketosis stix and I am in full Ketosis..something I probably never was -dieting on my own...why do I say this...because I feel better than I have in a while!
My next adventure will be Friday when I take my two granddaughters to Country Buffet...it will be easy there with the salad bar, lots of veggies and baked cod, roast beef,turkey! NO CHEESECAKE THOUGH! I can hardly weight to test myself..LOL (pun intended)! I have been seriously thinking of joining Curves to get more exercise? Any Curve goers out there??
Keep on Keeping OFF! Granmums
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:41

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

mmmmmmmm Red lobster! We don't have a red Lobster here but when I was on vacation we went to one in Calgary and wouldn't you know it, it was all you can eat crabs Legs!! DH & I took advantage of that, our daughter got bored and walked back to the hotel!! LOL Anyway We loved it!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 10:35

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

My girlfriend is a manager at Red Lob and I always find plenty of Low carb choices.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 11:16
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

I get the choose 2 items platter, broiled, and broccoli on the side. I ALWAYS ask for a side of blue cheese dressing for my broccoli, I swear, it is sooooo good that way! And, I love their cesar salad, minus the croutons. Yummmmm...getting hungry.....
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 11:27

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Granmums, I just started Curves this month and love it. You weigh and measure once a month, but I did mine early since I won't be in town on the proper day. After 10 sessions I lost 2 pounds, 2 inches and 1.6% body fat. I've never been one to exercise at all before and I love this.

Please feel free to check out my gym log http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...454#post1337454

Good luck!

(Tried to send this as a p.m. but your mail box was full!)
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:24

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%

I LOVE Red Lobster, have eaten there frequently on this WOE. Unfortuantely I'm always with someone who can eat the biscuts so they are ALWAYS on the table taunting me. They are soo hard to pass up, but I do...and live to tell about it... LOL
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:33

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Great story! I just started Induction 13 days ago, and have been afraid to eat out. Now I know where to go--your meal sounds great.

Enjoy!
from one mum to another...
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:39
Registered Member

To Bebet and Beachmum (we must be related- Granmums) if I can figure it out..so can you...and have fun dining out to boot. We have to have a life...if we don't, we will be the couch potatoe we don't want to be at 200 and 300 pounds. So why not eat out and lose and not become that couch potato anymore. I have been to many sites ...doing searches for lo carb foods and restaurant foods...you would be surprised at how many things I found I can enjoy! Good Luck. I decided to go today to Country Buffet, my g daughters don't have school tomorrow.
Luv all my new buddies....Granmums

Last edited by Granmums : Thu, Aug-28-03 at 12:40.