Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:48

Plan: modified CAD
Stats: 131/122/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Approaching Goal Weight

Hi, All,

I'm new to this forum, and doing well on CAD after trying and failing with Atkins, the Zone, and Protein Power. It's not that those plans didn't work for weight loss, it's that I could not stick to them for even an entire week without cheating.

I never had much more than ten pounds to lose, but I had horrible carbohydrate cravings and binges, and I had to eat every two hours.

I'm happy to say I can now easily go up to six hours without eating (and this has NEVER happened to me before!) I love this plan, but I have some questions/fears about coming to the end of the weight loss part of it and moving into maintenance (I think I'd like to lose three to five more pounds - those last couple of inches around my waist).

I think in the book I have (CAD) the authors just say that the weight loss stops automatically when you reach your ideal weight, and that if it doesn't, you just need to add one CM snack. Is this correct? What has been your own experience?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer,

Eve
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 16:42
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

That's what happens. Sheila and Becca RN have both reached and gone below goal. Remember, CAD/CALP is for life!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:38

Plan: modified CAD
Stats: 131/122/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 69%

Thank you for replying.

I'm very happy to eat this way for the rest of my life, since I've never eaten so well or felt less deprived. I will wait to see what happens when I decide I don't want to lose anymore. I worry a little about not knowing how to adjust my meals when I get to the point where I want to stop losing. I know it sounds silly to be afraid of losing too much, so, maybe I'll just see how that goes when I get there.

Thanks, again!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 20:03

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Congratulations on being so close to your goal. You should be very proud.

I think it's a great idea to cross that bridge when you get to it, but how exciting to even think you might lose too much! How great is that!!

Best of luck,
Deb
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 00:46
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

The important thing to remember is not to add foods that are not allowed at CM, anytime but at RM.

To eat lets say a slice of bread with breakfast may cause all those carb cravings and stuff to come back.

I am currious to see how low my body will go I have not been this weight however since I was 18. If I get to the point where I want to stop i am pretty sure I will have no problem I will just start eating CM breakfast and not worry quite so much about balence at RM since i ahve to watch my balence pretty closely.

Last edited by BeccaResRN : Tue, Sep-09-03 at 00:49.