Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-12, 11:59

Plan: CADL
Stats: 161.6/154/135 Female 64
BF:41%/38.5%/?
Progress: 29%
Default Question about CM meals

I have now been on the plan for almost two weeks and so far I am loving it! I have lost over 5 pounds which I have not been able to do on other plans even when following them strictly. This one seems to fit with my natural inclinations. One thing the other plans all had in common is that they pushed breakfast as a must-have. I have never been a breakfast eater so I would force myself to eat a nice balanced breakfast. I now think that was adding to my inability to lose weight. I now skip breakfast and that seems to feel natural for me. I have one cup of coffee each morning and then I don't even think about eating till around noon or later. They also all pushed eating 5 or 6 times a day, which also does not come naturally to me. I find I do well with a CM at lunch, an RM at dinner and a CS in the afternoon.

I started out as the CALP book suggests with a balanced CM meal at lunch with veggies and protein, but I have now gotten away from that. I just have a hard time getting the veggies in. I'm not much of a salad eater, so getting that in at dinner is hard enough. I have been eating an all protein lunch each day this week. Like turkey and boiled eggs, etc. Then I have carbs at my RM in the evening. I have a salad, a protein, a "good carb" and then add in my "not so good carb" keeping it balanced. I only drink water except for my morning cup of coffee. This seems to be working and I am dropping weight as fast as I want to. I am not having cravings and have no trouble sticking to this.

Is this okay? To only have carbs at the RM meal? I figure as long as I feel good and am still losing that it must be okay. I just don't want to set myself up for a stall later on or anything like that. Have any of you that have done this awhile not eaten any carbs at the CM meal and been okay with it?

Thanks for all the help I'm getting! I appreciate you all!!
Sponsored Links