Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-15, 15:46

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Anybody see an unexpected drop in blood sugars

Hi. Dennis here

I hate to keep asking about my health all the time (I was dealing with some rising blood pressure issues lately). Now its kind of weird but I seem to be experiencing unusually low blood sugars. I'm a type 2 diabetic diagnosed Nov. 2014 and I've been doing low carb since that time. No medication. For a long time I did every other day 24 hour intermittant fasting. My A1C was 8.2 when starting. It went to a 4.9 in March then a 5.1 in May then a 5.2 in Sept. Recently I've suspended the fasting (because of the lower readings) but I still only eat twice a day, noon and evening. An examople of this trend -- today my BG was 70 2 & 1/2 hours after eating. For lunch I had eaten cheesburger pie with sour cream and salsa, a hard egg, and a lettuce salad with vinegar and oil dressing. After the meal I ate blueberries with HW cream, almonds and two squares of 86% chocolate. Seems kind of low. It should be at least in the 80s if nothing else becasue of the tomatoes in the salsa. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Weird huh? Maybe my meter is going crazy. I wonder if the recent high blood pressure is pushing more insulin.

Although I imagine most folks on the diabetes forum are dealing with higher blood sugars has anybody else have a low dip like this when not really changing diet?

Thanks

Dennis

Last edited by Whited : Thu, Dec-03-15 at 17:51.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-15, 23:00

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Actually they kind of bounced back up there tonight so I guess these blood sugars are unpredictable. However the next morning they were back down to 67. Strange.

Last edited by Whited : Fri, Dec-04-15 at 08:39.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-15, 13:06
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

If you feel OK and are not on any anti diabetic medication (apart from metformin), then those numbers are perfectly healthy, and just a result of your hard work on your WOE.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-15, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: LC Mediteranian, Dr. Fung
Stats: 210/175/155 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 64%

Look out, your pancreas may be getting stronger and delivering with force, like a 20 year old youngling!