Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 06:31
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPass
I am so thrilled to see you back Sarar. I am not a hige poster, but LOVED your "after losing a significant amount of weight" thread. I can so relate to so much of what you have posted!
I have heard that "Menopause" is a great show and would love to see it.
I LOVE my arms now..they are very muscular and toned looking. I think they were aways muscular because of the work I do caring for my horses, but now that the layer of fat is off they are buff looking!!! I love the way my flat tummy looks in clothing, but naked it is not exactly buff. I spent so many years obese and not really living life..the self confidence that comes with being in shape is incredible!

First of all....I'm glad to see the "P" in your name...I would get just too tickled if you removed it.

Thank you for kind words. I am glad to be back on this forum and have revived the Have you... thread. I can't help it. A year in to maintenance and I am STILL making wonderful discoveries about being thin. It sounds like your are too! Great arms! That is a biggie! So many people have problems with loose skin. I don't have the loose skin, but I am wanting to work at getting what you have. Working with horses, eh? Gosh, I don't have access to that. I do wrangle my animals....but a miniature dachshund, four tree frogs, a stud of a chameleon, and a cranky parrot don't seem to be having the same effect you experiencing. Can you give us some other tips?
Sara<><
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 06:35
Princess Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Me
Sara,
I think just maybe you did around a little bit too much?!?

With hormones raging out of control brings with it swelling in a normal body. You are still healing. It is your body telling you to slow it down.

Internal healing takes a long time. Wear your binder for extra support.
Remember...you do want everything to 'take' hold. The muscle has to have rest to grow also.

JMO..........

Sharon....I think you are right! Stella Belle will be thrilled to know that I am listening to you today. I am gonna put on a binder and settle in with a good book on the couch. You know what that means....she will snuggle CLOSE to me ALL day.

BTW, my photo expert friend....I am working on posting a new avatar with my darling dappled doxie. I also have a new picture I am gonna put in the gallery called, This is what menopause looks like....no, it isn't gonna be scary!
Love ya!!!
Sara<><
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 06:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Speaking of necks...here is my princess tip:

Don't forget to moisturize your neck!! A lot of people just smear it on their faces and don't bother going a little lower...which is one of the reasons you see soft, smooth face and wrinkly necks. My sister-in-law-to-be drilled this one into me!

As for body features...lately I am having a love affair with my arms. The more weights I do, the thinner and more shapely they seem. Tummy is too squishy still, legs are carved up with knee surgery scars, but I think my breasts are pretty lovely! They stopped shrinking between a B and a C cup, which means I can wear really pretty lacy tops without spilling out everywhere.

Hope you had a good restful day Sara, and nice snuggles with Stella Belle.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 08:02
Princess Sara

Yippee, I got my avatar changed. Kate, don't roll your eyes at me! Not all of us are computer savvy like you are!!! Anyway, now everyone can see my baby girl, Stella Belle. She is full grown, but she is a tiny thing...until she walks on your boobies!

Now, let's talk some more about necks and arms. I've seen your photos and you DO have great arms....I guess I'll take your word on your breasts.

As for my neck....First, I am just sooo grateful to be able to see my neck now that I am thin. The last time I remember seeing my neck it either had dirt rings or those funny color stripes that you get from wearing candy necklaces. Wait, do they still make those? Were they still around by the time you were a kid?

Anyway, I just got out of the shower and applied moisturizer to my neck-- thank you for the reminder. I have tried some firming creams, but I think I wasted my money. I also TRY to remember to apply sunscreen, but I have got to do better about that. I think I have confessed this to you and Sharon before, but I am NOT ruling out a neck lift some time in the future. My gallery photos will show my frog neck (I mean that with all due respect) from my fat life. Now, I have loose skin that kind of folds around. I don't know if it bugs me enough to do anything about it....but, My Sweet Mama has given me fair warning. If anyone has more neck advice I am open to that.

Now then, this talk about arms. The horse wrangling is out for me, so tell me about your weight work.
Love ya,
(thanks for posting!)
Sara<><
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 08:38

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

I love the new avatar, and I LOVE the menopause picture!
You really look terrific!

Thanks for the positive comments about the whole 'neck area'. I thought maybe it was silly to list that...but now I see that it's not quite so silly. And heck...I can be proud of my pinky toe if I want to be, right? (It is a rather nice pinky toe, now that I look at it.)

I just can't say it enough...you look terrific. (Love the Gap (RED) shirt, too!)
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 10:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Hi Sara,
Taking a break from all of my work. The banging on the house is so getting to me!! Even 'Grease' on the CD player is not drowning it out!!! I also HATE ironing drapes!!!

Oh, how I wish this was done, but they have a lot to go. Oh well, I will just have to take it!

I love the new avatar girl and oh, let me look at your gallery. Yep, the picture is great! You rock Sara!! Menopause looks pretty darn good if ya ask me!!!

You are getting the hang of posting those pics!!! Good for you!!

I hear ya on the neck. I was born without one unless I wear a V-Neck top!

But, I like it a lot better now in a smaller size!

Gonna have some lunch now..........Later
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 10:49

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Wow what a great after picture!!! Was that taken before or after your surgery??

Amazing success!!!
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 11:48
Princess Sara

Well, shoot Joylorene! Just when I was feeling almost adept at this whole picture thing, I'm confused again. I mean for the Princess Sara picture (the one in the aqua skirt) to be my after photo---it was take a year ago. The menopause picture (jeans and red shirt) is my current picture. It was taken yesterday--about a month after my surgery. Oh well, another project.

Sharon, don't let that house stuff get you too occupied!! You are FINALLY on vacation.
Sara<><
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 12:06
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%
Exclamation Wow

Sara,

I had not viewed your gallery before today...
My 7yo daughter said you looked pretty in all the pictures. She really likes your magenta hair!
The permanent eyeliner looks real good on you....they did a nice job.
I just had to tell you, You look awesome!!
You've come a long way Baby!
Sexy, sassy, sophisticated & all that!!
A well-rounded individual & beautiful!!

All hail Princess Sara... Monarch of sheer willpower, able to overcome all that stands in her way & role model for us who will be as beautiful as we picture ourselves to be, someday...

Have a great Monday!, ~Cheryl
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 16:13
Princess Sara

Cheryl,
You are too funny!!!! It is true that I'm very big with the 7-8 year olds!!! The second graders I teach are usually pretty cool about my strange hair. Last year's class was the smallest group I have ever taught...13 kids and only 5 boys. Talk about a group of princesses!! We were very open about loving to be females and all that comes with it. I actually began to wonder if we maybe overdid it 'cause the boys began complimenting my outfits and even said things like, "That works for you."

I did follow everyone's advice this afternoon.....at my wonderful man's insistence. Stella Belle and I did the couch time. We had a big rain storm...and I was reading a book by Fannie Flagg (Can't Wait to Get to Heaven). It doesn't get much better than that!
Sara<><
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 04:34
Princess Sara

July 5. This is my 5th week since surgery, and I am ready to get back into my walking program. I can stand up straight---a little pulling in my stomach if I stand really tall. I still have numbness from belly button and below---also still have some swelling in lower belly, but not much. My belly button is FINALLY looking better. It has been icky, scabby. At one point it had kind of a bump of skin at the top. I wasn't wild about that at all. I thought, well if it doesn't get better I'll just get it pierced and put a jewel on it, but it is looking better now. I read on some TT sites about women who put Chinese checker marbles (they are smaller than regular marbles) in they BB's for a couple of hours a day to shape it. I don't think I will need to do that, but good to know....maybe even a little fun.

I wrote about this over in my Have You Noticed... thread, but will carry the story on here....let me do a little cut and pasting from Tuesday:

Let me explain. I had a gyno appointment in a somewhat nearby town---every city is 90 miles away from us. I had terrific news. My gynecologist (female) agrees with me and does NOT think I need a hysterectomy. My primary care physician (male) thinks I should have one. I was so excited about this news that I felt like celebrating with a little shopping. My wonderful man was up for it---especially when I told him that we just might find something to put in the "bottom drawer." Do y'all have one of these? The drawer that holds the REALLY sexy, naughty stuff? After my weight loss, the inventory has been shrinking. Just this past week, we realized that the drawer would have to be emptied out since even the panties didn't fit anymore.

So here is how wonderful and MOTIVATED my man is....he was my shopping assistant. He not only held my purse, he helped me work through the bra and panties bins. After my breast reduction, followed by 75 pound loss, my
Girls are small now. I like to wear the Very Sexy style padded push-up bras in size 36 D--I have loose skin under my arms and across my back. In this particular bra the larger cup goes under my arm and holds that loose skin. BUT...lately my body is shifting again and the D cup is too big. Keep in mind that this bra is very padded and pushes my girls into a pretty cleavage.

To find the super sexy stuff, I had to try stuff on. After my man and I dug through all of it I ended up with one bra in 36B (yes, I bubble over in this demi cup....but that is kind of the point! The other two were 36 C. The moral...try the things on! AND think about the way you are going to wear this bra.

Now, the panties were funny. I do NOT like tight thongs!! I'm sure I do not need to explain that. I wanted medium Brazilian cut panties and thongs. I love, love, love being able to wear these now that I have had my belt lipectomy. Prior to the surgery, you would never have been able to see the dang things ....they would have disappeared under my skin! My man again helped me go through the bins. At one point I wandered off to look at the lip glosses on sale. He reported that he thinks he made some women uncomfortable standing there with a purse on his shoulder carefully sorting through the panties. Isn't he amazing? Needless to say he volunteered to pay for these items.

Back to Thursday--(is this tricky?)--
So, I did another show on the stairs. What can I say, the light and angle are flattering and it just feels sexy as all get out to pose,twist, turn,etc. Maybe a little weird but ya know. So I had on this tiny black number...push up demi with matching G-String string. Now, I'm not saying anyone else would have been impressed with the way I look, but the man I love WAS stunned. I saw something in his eyes which I have NEVER seen before. It caught my breath. This man has loved me since I was 15. I mean he even loved me through the fattest, darkest, days of alcoholism and depression. The look on his face (and the fireworks WE'VE had over the last two days), has settled me into even more motivation to continue to improve my health.

I didnt go into recovery from obesity, food addiction, and alcoholism for him. I have done it for me. But, I have considered his love and feelings all the way through. I have had amends to make to him. I pushed him away with food, fat, and alcohol for a LONG time. He stuck with me and had faith in me. He has been my strongest supporter. That moment on the stairs....phew....I am opening up to him. I am removing my barriers. It is an amazing blessing.
Peace,
Sara<><

Last edited by sarar : Thu, Jul-05-07 at 04:49.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 08:28

Plan: M&E
Stats: 194.6/156.4/140 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:duh...yes!....
Progress: 70%

Greetings Princess!
OK, so I am slow, but I have finally opened my eyeballs to the fact that you are back an posting here again! So AWESOME to read you, and to hear about the (mostly) wonderful changes in your recent life. Good for you - I'm really very very happy for you! I look forward to once again reading your posts on your life and life in general ... your fresh perspective brings something new into every day (kinda like that painting that hung in NY for 2 or 3 years until someone finally noticed that it was upside down - thousands and thousands enjoyed it in a way that the artist never dreamed. Go figure.)

Anyways, I don't usually wander threads much, but I will be looking out for you now that I see you are back. Have a great, flat-tummied day!

Hugs, Cricket
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 10:59
Princess Sara

Yea Cricket!!! Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. I am mostly posting here now. I'm not sure if everyone would agree with you...sometimes the weird world of Sara seems to exist in another realm of reality. But, at this stage of the game I am realizing that Popeye was right, "I'z am what I am."
Sara<><
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 11:51
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%
Default I'll say it again!

Sara,

You are unique. It is refreshing to see a woman who grabs her bull(s) by the horns & say "NO MORE!!". All what you saw in your life as standing in the way of your happiness, you eliminated. You still stand strong with your constants, your man, your WOE & (soon)exercise. People should stick with what works & you do! Not that you need me to say it again... Awesome job!

(And just look at the benefits...Wink,wink!)

Glad to hear about the no need for the hyst. It's good to have second & third opinions, they're there for a reason. And all this new bottom drawer stuff... YGG!!

~Cheryl
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 12:52
Princess Sara

Thanks Cheryl!!!
Okay everybody......I need ya now....I'm having heart palpitations. Two of the sale bikinis I ordered came in today. I snuck upstairs...didn't even disturb Stella Belle ' cause I wanted total privacy....I tried them on. Oh my God! Y'all I did NOT recognize myself in the mirror. I am so not $h*tting you. I am absolutely stunned!!!

I have tried on a million bathing suits in my life. I learned to swim at 18 months of age and spent entire decades of summers in bathing suits. Put myself through college (for the first degree) with money earned as a lifeguard, swim teacher/coach. I live close to beaches. I just had the flash back of so many horrible painful moments of looking in a mirror while trying on a bathing suit. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I could look good in a brazilian cut bikini. My mind is totally blown!!!

I'm going to go lie down now.
Sara<><