Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 19:10
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Including initial appointments, drugs, follow-ups, etc. -- that would be a very useful thing to know. It's a big fuzzy unknown for me.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 02:30
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1gi
I just had to come back and comment on this....

That is what I call it too.....my daughter too.....isn't that funny! OMG.....I can only imagine what mine will look like another -100lbs..........I may turn into a NUN.....quoted from my mother "nun of this and nun of that!"

I have never seen those shows, but may have to check it out......

Nice that your hubby is so supportive, thank goodness. I know that Frank had an operation....in the ah....shall we say groin area, that needed to be packed twice a day, and he was not allowed home until I succeeded to show the nurses and the dr's that I could pack his wound. But you know how it is when you love someone, you do what you got to do...........

Honey, I tend to call my v jay jay all kinds of things....my favorite is my tallapoosa. I have lived in Alabama for the past 15 years. When I first heard a weather report for Tallapoosa, I thought, "Hold on!! That sounds a good name for a vagina." Anyway, there are so many wonderful things about losing weight, unfortunately loose skin isn't one of them.

I was so impressed with my wonderful man. The nurse asked who would be looking after me when I got home and he jumped right up. He did a great job when she trained him. He wasn't tentative or nervous at all. I actually think I was grossed out at the drains more than he was. I was thrilled to get them out after only 8 days. The princess part of me has been very conscientious about getting the visual image of that yucky stuff out of my man's head. Therefore I have done a lot of provocative dressing. This did lead to a little trouble. I made the mistake of posing in a polka dotted G-String. Ya know, just had to show off my new and approved tallapoosa and perky behind. That proved to be too dangerous. What can I say, my man pushed my polka dotted buttons. I just tightened the restriction garment around my middle and we went for it. I was good and followed doctor's orders the best I could....I did restrict activity....and, I didn't "drive."
Sara<><
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 02:46
Princess Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney
Sara, What did this procedure cost?

Thanks.

Fortunately, my wonderful man is lending me the money. I told him that it is important to me that I pay for MY surgery. It is for ME, it has to be MINE.
Does this make sense? The good thing about having my husband as my leader is that the interest he charges will not be a monetary percentage!!

I'm in Alabama where everything is much cheaper. My surgeon's bill came in under $7,000. Not covered by insurance. I'm not sure how much the hospital stuff is gonna be, but I will keep you posted. I'm sure my surgeon has an arrangement with the hospital. I do know that insurance covered me endocrinologist's consultation fee. My surgeon had me stay two nights in the hospital, which seemed right to me. I understand that in larger cities surgery often takes place in clinics and patients are taken to care facilities afterward...some even go to hotel like places. I was comfortable with the hospital, but I am not sure how much that will be....and whether my Blue Cross will cover any of it.

I did take my own standard medications with me to the hospital and cut costs like that. I don't care what the morphine will cost me. I'll definitely consider that a necessary cost! One caution about that, however. I have a bashful bladder anyway, and the morphine made it that much harder to tinkle once the catheter was taken out. I had to have them switch me to oral pain medication to prevent having to have a catheter put back in. How about that for motivation!!!?

While I'm on the topic of the hospital. Another important thing I did was take some EAS protein shakes with me. I think it is impossible to get low carb meals in a hospital!! What they called a "diabetic" diet would have sent my blood glucose soaring. The shakes worked really well. The only time my BG spiked was from an IV with dextrose.(!) Even my endocrinologist muttered a compliment. I'm sure it hurt him. He does not believe in making positive comments. I just had to pull the old, "Wait a minute! What was that you just said? Has the medication altered my hearing?"...crap.
Sara<><

Last edited by sarar : Sat, Jun-16-07 at 02:55.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 04:32
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Quote:
my favorite is my tallapoosa
Wow.....now that is a hell of a name for that hoo ha!

Quote:
This did lead to a little trouble. I made the mistake of posing in a polka dotted G-String.
Oh no....tell me you didn't, not the butt floss trick!~ And so soon.....OUCH!!!!

Quote:
I was good and followed doctor's orders the best I could....I did restrict activity....and, I didn't "drive."
Oh my.........you are a real pistol lady!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 05:08
Princess Sara

Yeah well....what can I say? Afterwards...when it appeared that I had not done damage, my man was trying to rationalize our behavior. I told him that I honestly feel the Red Cross would step in if need be. Trying to withstand that amount of sexual tension just has to be against the Geneva Convention!!!

We have been really good this week.....but, the tension is building again....and we do have the whole weekend to get through....could be trouble!
Sara<><
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 05:12
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
We have been really good this week.....but, the tension is building again....and we do have the whole weekend to get through....could be trouble!
You animals!

Great that you feel so good though!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 05:54
Princess Sara

Hmmm...maybe. Maybe it is just that we live in rural Alabama...90 miles away from anything else to do.

The cool part is that we have been together since I was 15 and he was 17!!! Met in 1975, married in 1979.
Sara<><
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 15:33

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 179/179/145 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Oh Sara..........I just stumbled across your posts today. You are a HOOT! I think you may be my new hero.......LOL

That was wonderful information on your surgery..........along with the nice laughter!

Thanks & nice to meet ya!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 15:47

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
Yeah well....what can I say? Afterwards...when it appeared that I had not done damage, my man was trying to rationalize our behavior. I told him that I honestly feel the Red Cross would step in if need be. Trying to withstand that amount of sexual tension just has to be against the Geneva Convention!!!

Sara<><

ok, gotta ask... is he more 'randy' now you've lost weight?

I'm praying that a slimmer me with ignite something, you know!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 06:03
Princess Sara

Nice to meet you, MammaD10. I'm from the south and when I read your name it registered in my brain as "Mama and Dem." That is a common greeting we give to friends 'round here....as in, How's ya Mama and Dem? Translation: your nuclear family. Anyway, due to the familiarity of your name I feel "right close to ya" already.

Pennink, as to your question...Honey, my man is a man...if there was a rise in his libido neither of us would get anything done!!!! In fact, I have commented that if we get any hotter, we may have to quit our jobs! The answer is that he hasn't gotten any "randier" (tactfully put!), I HAVE!! I'm sure I can't be the only woman that was this way, but I was put off by my own body when I was a fat mama. I had emotional layers of protection equal to the fat layers. I could NOT relax. Losing the weight made a BIG difference in that. We both got off on me That sounds funny, but it is the truth. I think men can feel sexy regardless of the way they look, for the most part. Want an example of that? How many times has your man done the wiener wagging dance at you when he got out of the shower? Please!!! It is obvious that he feels just so good about himself without caring a lick that he looks like a goofball! I think women need to find themselves sexually attractive in order to feel sexually attractive. No, this doesn't require becoming a bisexual! I just mean that we want to look good in our own minds.

Let's talk about skin flaps and G-strings. This past Christmas, as it happens, my husband and I each put sexy underwear in each other's stockings. (You can imagine the eye rolling from my son and daughter-in-law!) Now, I put a lot of thought into his underwear selection. I ordered it online from Undergear and made sure each piece would be sexy yes, but also comfortable and flattering. What about mine? Five tiny (size 5) G-strings!!! Please! Now, I'll grant you that he meant this in a flattering way...and probably had my upcoming surgery in mind, but there was no well in hel* that I was gonna do a dance for him in those!!! I told him, "Sweetie, these are wonderful, but you know I will not be putting these on until way after my surgery this summer. I would hate for them to get buried and lost in my skin folds." And I meant it. I coulda put those drawers on and he would have NEVER seen them. They would have tucked up under my skin!!! I stuck them over in a corner of my panty drawer never expecting to pop the tags. I would have felt like a fool in them!

Then, it happened. I didn't swell quite as much from the surgery as I expected. In fact, my body looks BETTER than I thought it would. One day, while he was outside doing that weird piddlin' around that he does (I think it is the 50-year-old man equivalent of playing in the dirt with Tonka trucks), I decided to just see what would happen if I put on a pair of those dinky things. I was soooo surprised. I didn't look like a fool. They didn't immediately roll down under belly/skin 'cause there was no belly/skin. I looked in the mirror and saw a STUNNED 48-year-old woman---wearing a damn G-string! Good Lord!

Seven years ago I had a breast reduction. That changed me sexually. I mean it! Ain't no way I could enjoy sex with all those big ole' boobs a-flyin' and a-flappin' every which a-way. Three years ago I became sober and began losing significant amounts of weight. I opened up even more sexually. I reached goal, and the sex was much better. I mean, let's be honest and graphic here---a thin man and thin woman can CONNECT better, okay! But, there was this whole skin thing! Me on top with all of that loose skin? You have got to be joking?! Then came the day that I was going up the stairs wearing a polka-dotted G-string while my man was passing by. I stopped and did the female equivalent of the post-shower wiener dance!! I felt good about my little self!!! I also felt grateful to my man for seeing the sexy woman inside of me before I could.

Phew! Let me close this....I think I need to take a shower!
Sara<><
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I am smiling big reading this thread. So glad the surgery has worked out well for you, and I'm even more impressed by the fact that you and your man have been together so long, survived your going sober (often this does destroy relationships, b/c the other one can't handle it), and that you two are so obviously in love.

I wish you all the best! Thanks for the smile!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 11:05
Princess Sara

Elle,
Thanks for the kind words. I know I am blessed!! I always refer to my husband as my wonderful man, because he is exactly that!!

I got out and went to church today. I took a pillow, but was tight and hurting in my back by the end of the service....it would have probably been easier if I was Baptist. I'm Episcopalian so I had a lot of worship aerobics to do--sit, stand, kneel, etc. Anyway, I wanted to be there today because of the gratitude I feel for my wonderful man, the father of my son. And, to thank the people praying for me and let them know how well I am doing.

It is a good day. Well wishes to all of the fathers out there!!!!
Sara<><
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 12:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 236/177/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 58%

Sara,
Thanks so much for your real honesty! I am considering that I will need some surgery post goal. Like you, I would like to have maintained my weight for a year before embarking any surgery but since so much of my weight is in my abdominal area, I expect that I will need a tummy tuck and some lipo in my hips.

YOU ARE A ROLE Model and I look forward to improvements in the "Fun" department as I get closer to goal... I totally get what you're saying about not feeling sexy when you're heavy.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 13:27
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
The cool part is that we have been together since I was 15 and he was 17!!! Met in 1975, married in 1979.
Sara<><

That is so sweet!

I hope that you (princess, and prince charming are having a lovely day!)
Be good.....<wink> <wink>
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 14:44

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well done, and congrats. I had the same operation a year ago (as well as 5 other operations to remove excess skin). unfortunately I had complications, but nearly a year on I am finally getting back to normal.
Congratulations again.