Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 18:35
No Cheats Ever!

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 291/163/155 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
I brought no work home with me and called my wonderful husband: "Pick up a rotesserie chicken and a movie...meet me in the hot tub."

This sounds wonderful! I bring work home alot too.. our company has even given us access to log in from home - have access to everything we have at work. I probably have 3-4 nites a week of 2-5 hours at home in addition to the 40 I put in at work. relaxing in a hot tub.. wow, I want that. hehe
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 00:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Sounds so good. Unfortunately, no hot tub. So we have to go without. I remember the days of popcorn and a movie -- today it's more likely to be feeding each other strawberries or sf truffles. There's just something exotic and romantic about feeding each other -- well, anything...
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 01:48
Registered Member

Plan: adjusted Atkins
Stats: 221/190/150 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Exclamation time line??

I got a bit freaked out by looking at when most posters began low carbing... Please tell me it did not take 2 or 3 yrs. to lose the wieght. Or was it just when you finally stuck to the plan full force. I started back up in Feb and want to be at least 30 lbs lighter by JUne..SAY this is possible PLEASE..? Oh, and can anyone explain Ketosis to me> I have not read Atkins, I follow a modified diabetic plan. thanks .... I can't wait to be a princess!!! Still got the nails and hair cut for losing 14lbs. so I know I will be a pamperer I want to get looks again and have people ask if I am on drugs, because you know you can't possibly lose weight through hard work Ever get that question? People either support you or are wanted you to stay fat, more convienant (for them). This has been my experiance anyhow. basic questions: tell me I can lose a decent amount in 5 months if I only cheat in dreams?

and Ketosis?? you all inspire me!
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 05:52
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Oh Noel Honey, There are many who have lost quickly...maybe you should start a thread and ask for responses. I can only speak of my strength, hope, and experience...

It has taken me since May, 2004. This is my way of life of now and at least it is a life. I don't regret how long it has taken me, 'cause that feels really short compared to the 45 years I fought the call of food and substances...and depression. Maybe you don't have as much to overcome as I did. I would not wish that on any one.

I kind of enjoyed the journey--okay, not the withdrawal from alcohol addiction. I stopped creating dramas and began seeing small blessings. Here is an example: I spent a year on what I called, The Wal-mart diet. I stuck to my low carb plan and changed my "uniform" to inexpensive shirts and Wal-mart jeans. [This was before my current principal and his Monday-Thursday ban on jeans.] I had such fun moving down from the 2x blouses in into "regular" store pants. Getting into and out of 16's...14's...12's... I felt no guilt in purchasing since they were inexpensive. As I moved down, I did a massive closet cleaning. It felt good to bag up lawn bags of clothes to send to Second Blessings--our church's thrift shop. I blessed the clothes and told them to help others. It helped relieve the feelings of anxiety. My closet got down to the bare essentials of things that made me feel good about myself when I put them on. Even if something fit, if it made me feel frumpy, I sent it on. When I hit a size 10, I began shopping a little more. I hit Goody's and the 75% off sales at Stein-mart and online Spiegal and Newport News. I also began to invest in some really beautiful skirts from my favorite skirt place, SoftSurroundings.com. I still tend to buy the new smaller size off of a sale rack. I dunno why.

My point is, I didn't gain weight for a particular event...just through a bad everyday way of life. I'm on a new path now. This is the real me...the me I've prayed for. I take it a day at a time...a miniscule 1/2 pound off at a time....and enjoy the slower pace, the relief from the self-destruction, and the tiny adventure of it all. I see the big picture.

Yes, I am a princess and I have agreed to do a ridiculous thing. My school is having a fashion show as a fund raiser. I was asked and agreed to be in it. Believe me, the former Sara would have never done this! It will occur next week. Anyway, I ordered (full price, no less) an absolutely beautiful aegean skirt with beads, sequins, and tiny mirrors. [See Soft Surroundings] I will wear an off the shoulder, tight bodiced shirt, sparkly chandelier siver earrings, lots of bracelets, and silver thonged sandles. The skirts run very long so I bought a petite small!! hello!! This outfit will double as my Easter outfit....following my spiritual experience of Lent. (See the thread I've started called, "Let's Give It Up for Lent to understand how I am exploring the final leg of this weight loss.) I am enjoying myself and not taking me too seriously!! I am a silly creature living on a wonderful new path.

Do what is right for you. I wish you blessings and success!!!!

Have a great one everybody. I am rested and glowing this morning. [blush, blush]
Sara<><
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 06:52

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Sara...your story made my morning..please post a picture of you in that beautiful outfit.....!!!!!

#141   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: adjusted Atkins
Stats: 221/190/150 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Lightbulb Thanks

I have been through the depths of a deppresion. I did not even know I was heavy, or care. Now I care, Thank you for inspiring me to keep it up one day at a time. How do you access the upload of before & during photos? I would like to put mine up so I don't forget my progress as I go!
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 14:32

Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%

Noel,
Please do not get discouraged by looking at when the posters started lc'ing. It is true that it may take some people longer than others to lose weight. There used to be a quote here someone used, that really helps me when I get to wanting to cheat. It was "There is no such thing as willpower, there's those that are ready to change the way they look, and there's those who are not."
Depending on the person, it just really varies on why they might not have lost the weight yet. Fall off the wagon, health issues, pregnancies, etc.

Have a great day!
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 04:09
Princess Sara

Noel,
Go to the gallery and it will guide you through the before, during, and after photos. I have had less trouble with that than I have with the little photos that go at the top of the postings. Every time I try to upload one, they tell me it is too big--even when I have less than the 300x300 pxls. I love your Taz. How did you do that? I kinda wanted to put my lastest picture, but just added it to the gallery instead. It was taken when we had the latest church directory photo--I think I should get "most improved" from the previous directory. I also tried getting a picture of my wonderful chameleon, James Bond, into my heading, but I couldn't get it to work either. Ah well.

Thanks, Deborah. You have been such a support!!!
Sara<><
  #144   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 15:16
Princess Sara

I had a really tough week at work. Friday was the worst!!!

But, I've been a princess this morning! Hot tub followed by hair and sale shopping. My hair is cut into a really cute spiky design and colored flourescent red. My hair person talked me into really short, side-swiped bangs. Nothing much on my forehead. It took some nerve 'cause I've always had such a round face. I said, "Are you sure this won't make me look moon-faced?" She was right. You would almost swear I have a neck. A neck!!!! I've never had a neck. My face with its multiple chins always bumped into my cleavage with no neck. And I really only have one chin now--I think it is like a tadpole absorbing its tail...my chins are gone!

Then, I bought two pairs of high-heeled platform sandals....on sale, which makes them cuter! I just love pretending I'm tall. I just prissed out on the deck and modeled them for my beloved husband....mind you I am wearing very little. He seemed to appreciate the footware. He asked me if I was feeling better from the week. "Week?? what week?"
Sara<><
  #145   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 22:08

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I love it Sarar...life is VERY good, isnt it!!!!
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 04:33

Stats: 200/178/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Well, I have lost quite a bit of weight, I started at 200 lbs, but now ready to get it all off. I met a highschool friend yesterday and said he wouldn't have known me if I hadn't said something to him. I was 120 lbs in highschool, but that has been over 40 years ago. I don't want to be 120 again, 135 or 140 at my age.
I am going through a stressful time right now, so decided to do Atkins for a while and in maybe 3 to 5 months I will reach my goal. I am not real hungry right now and really don't want to think about dieting.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 04:33
Princess Sara

I had a great weekend. Have to go to a workshop this afternoon--yuck. I'll wear one of my pairs of new shoes. Remember what My Sweet Mama says, when going to a boring event, wear good shoes so you will have something nice to look at.

Also, please notice my ticker. My little island chick has moved another pound closer. Five pounds to go. Yippee!
Sara<><
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 06:24

Stats: 180/159/135 Female 63 inches (five 3)
BF:5'3"
Progress: 47%

Congratulations Sarar!
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 16:04
Princess Sara

Shrl2006,
Keep at it girl!! Low Carb makes for great bodies!!! You can weigh more and be smaller!! I'm not kidding! Keep us posted.

Well I'm sure glad that scale was positive today 'cause on my way out of my meeting (in my cute shoes) I saw a picture of me on the bulletin board. EGADS!!! I looked fat....while wearing size 6 jeans. I hate pictures!!! If I'm gonna get good as this princess stuff, someone is gonna have to teach me how to pose for pictures!!
Sara<><
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 16:35

Plan: whole foods (mostly)
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'8
BF:a little lower
Progress: 32%

Quote:
I saw a picture of me on the bulletin board. EGADS!!! I looked fat....while wearing size 6 jeans.

I believe this is scientifically impossible. I'm sure you looked great, but I have a rule that I'm only photographed standing and it's best if I'm facing forward, not sideways. Everyone's different though!