Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 20:23

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sara,
I went to your gallery and you rock!!! I can't believe the difference in your self esteem - I can see it in your hair, your clothes, your expression. Thanks so much for the inspiration and the humor - you are great!
Susan
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/251/145 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

What a great post!! You are awesome!!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 21:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
*Could you find a "before" picture? Please! I had an internal camera detector. There is little documentation that I've been on the planet for the last two decades.
...maybe not two decades for me...but a solid 8 years for sure! Kinda too bad cause now I'd like proof of where I was and where I am....and I just cant find it!!!

I loved your post Sara...Thanks for the laughs.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 05:48
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Zajack, I honestly didn't think I had any of my at-my-fattest pictures. Over Christmas I was cleaning out the last of our piles after Ivan (A giant tree went through the roof causing a lenghty reconstruction effort--I just hadn't gotten all of the final details cleaned up. That is one of the reasons my heart just breaks for Katrina victims. Opal and Ivan have caused hurricane terrors in our community), and found a 2002 church directory. Holy moly! Don't I look like Barbara Bush to my husband? It also helped me understand why people teased me about "dressing young" after I lost a lot of the weight. I'll admit that I wondered at the time if I was dressing "too young." But I dismissed that and went with my slimming gut feel. After seeing the photo, I realize that I was aging in my spirit and it reflected.

I've thought about that when I've been "recieved" so positively as I've lost weight. Is it because of society's predjudice against obese people? Is it because I send out signals that I am approachable? I think it is both. What do you think?

Peace,
Sara<><
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 16:42
Princess Sara

Have you noticed that it is easier to get your nerve up to try the next smaller size if there is a really good sale? I tend toward the 70-75% off racks. I did it today....I bought....size 8! Lord have mercy! Then--thanks to an idea from AZDweller, I bought a pair of size 6 pants. I can zip them and all, but I'd have to talk about me if I wore them in public, but I thought about AZ's comment of buying the next smaller size for the fun of getting into them (and they were on sale!)..and I did it. Yipppeeee.
Sara<><
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 15:51

Plan: whole foods (mostly)
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'8
BF:a little lower
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrl2006
At least my belly isn't bigger than my Butt. lol
Shirl

Mine is!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 11:36

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

I’m only halfway to goal and I have some of those thoughts

I actually LIKE the shape of my face now- it’s slimmed down so much that I like my cute little pointy chin and I even (gasp!) bought a new pair of funky glasses that I wear that are SO much smaller and cuter than my old pair…

I giggled like a schoolgirl when I was actually able to walk into Target and buy a bra and pay $13 instead of the specialty stores and pay $50… I’ve gone down a whole cup size and a half!!! Weee!!!

My feet have gone down a half-size to a full size as well- I went from an 8 to a 7 or 7.5

I’m looking forward to the rest of the changes that will come, too!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 16:28
Princess Sara

Oh yea!!! Isn't that shoe thing just the strangest? I did the glasses thing, too. Fashion is just more fun...wait, it is just fun. I hated any type of shopping before.

Glad to hear from you!
Sara<><
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 16:42

Stats: 239/223/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

When i got out of the shower this moning I just happened to catch my self in the mirror. My back fat roll is completely gone! It's crazy how you don't notice it getting smaller then all of the sudden it disapears.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 09:21
Princess Sara

I still have those back rolls. Wouldn't it be great if back cleavage was as desirable as front? I've always carried a lot of weight in my back, but it is getting better. Several months ago I was reading in bed...on my side facing away from my husband. I thought he was asleep. Out of the quiet came is voice, "Who is this woman in bed with me?" "What,?" I replied. He said, "I've been looking at your back for a million years, and now you look like a different person."
Sara<><
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 19:29

Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
Out of the quiet came is voice, "Who is this woman in bed with me?" "What,?" I replied. He said, "I've been looking at your back for a million years, and now you look like a different person."
Sara<><

I hope he got appropriately paid for a comment like that -- I bet you're still on Cloud 9. Spouses are so much more likely to repeat what makes us feel good if they hear that it was appreciated!

Gail
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 10:46

Stats: 259/244/199 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

That's an awesome Read! =D
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 14:00

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 214/193.0/135 Female 5 foot 1 inches
BF:??/39.3/??
Progress: 27%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
I still have those back rolls. Wouldn't it be great if back cleavage was as desirable as front? I've always carried a lot of weight in my back, but it is getting better. Several months ago I was reading in bed...on my side facing away from my husband. I thought he was asleep. Out of the quiet came is voice, "Who is this woman in bed with me?" "What,?" I replied. He said, "I've been looking at your back for a million years, and now you look like a different person."
Sara<><

Me, in my humor, would have probably responded with, "Would I happen to know her?"

I so can't wait for hubby to say something simlar to me. He has been so supportive and is starting to reap the benefits of my feeling better about myself. I'm actually nice to live with now on most days.

That was such a nice beginning post. If you don't mind, I'd like to print that off and put it up on my refrigerator to remind me of why I'm doing this. Not to keep me out of it, but to remind me to choose wisely while I'm in there.

Tari
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 16:46
Princess Sara

Print away, Tari! Glad you liked it.

About rewarding my husband....oh yeah, I know this is a must. I have been with this man since I was 15 years old. I am spoiled rotten!! The man is fabulous. He has NEVER made me feel bad about my weight. (If you scope my before picture, you will understand how much I appreciate this.)

Now, we have a hot tub....part of his reward. I would have never considered this before. (Just between all of us, my stomach skin floats like "my girls," but I don't care.)
Sara<><
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 17:01

Plan: Meat Only
Stats: 200/169.6/175 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDweller
I hope he got appropriately paid for a comment like that -- I bet you're still on Cloud 9. Spouses are so much more likely to repeat what makes us feel good if they hear that it was appreciated!

Gail

Yeah, we'll say anything for sex.