Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 18:21

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default I'm Home

What a great forum, I'm so glad I found it. The regular Atkins was helpful and interesting but it was sometimes hard to relate to people with post weight lose plans for tummy tucks and string bikinis, more power to them but feeling good and being healthy is my goal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 18:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/275/180 Female 64
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Welcome

Glad to meet you! I understand about those tummy tucks..I have a long way to go but want to concentrate on the weight loss and supporting each other in any other way they need..I know we're going to do well with all this positive thinking! Maxine
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Getting Started

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
I have come back to low-carbing after almost 18 months away. I had done Atkins and lost 28 pounds, and felt absolutely fabulous, and then a series of domestic crises -- parents dying, partner of 13 years leaving me for his high-school sweetheart, etc...-- put me back in the cookie jar for a rapid weight-gain.... So, I started again on December 8, and have gone from 167 to 164.5 over the last four days...very nice.... I am 51, taking HRT (which I know I have to come off soon, given all the new health info. about it), and determined to be at 140 by April, and then back to my Atkins 130 by next autumn-- it took about 11 months last time, so I figure it will be much the same this time (I hope). I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear, and I am fat and single again after 14 years. I think joining a thread of people around my age, and keeping track along with them would really help me a lot. So...can I join your group?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 13:43

Plan: SouthBeach and swiched to Atkins
Stats: 190/179/140 Female 65''
BF:
Progress:
Default Over 50 Forum

Hi'
I too, am very happy to have found an over 50's forum for people who are doing the Atkins diet. I started right after christmas and have lost about 13 pounds so far. I started on the SouthBeach, but I switched to Atkins, it seemed like a more satisfying diet. I am 60 and I was a little leary of starting the diet because of the fat we are supposed to eat, but after reading Dr. Atkins book, I thought I would try it and see what my lipids are the next Dr. checkup I have this spring. I really enjoy having a way to get support from others in the same boat as me. Thanks for all of the input! It is very interesting and comforting to hear about the way other people cope.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 12:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I don't know if it is the youth or just not same weight issues but there are threads lately in Atkins forum that are driving me nuts("O woe I am stalled since Tuesday")

Glad to see folks in this forum
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 18:27
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

This is a great place to visit and learn. It does seem like some of the younger members haven't been around long enough to have their prioritys straight. Bodies don't function on any set sechedule.