Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 18:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/163/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Angry not this time

I won't be able to go to Vancouver, unfortunately. I am on holidays the week of October 7th and to ask for any other time off right now would get me a "McDonald's is hiring, ya know"
Too bad, I like James Barber!!
Esther
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 00:06

Plan: trying low carb, hi fat /
Stats: 220/180/165 Female 5'11" / 71 inches / 178cm
BF:not tracking
Progress: 73%
Thumbs down me either (VAN TRIP)... a $$$ thing (lack thereof...)

bummer! sounds like it'll be kewl!
I'll live vicariously thru the posts you all write afterwards... *sigh*
  #228   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 20:50

Plan: Sommersizing
Stats: 174/148.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi All , I have been a lurker for a really long time.. I started Somersizing in Jan, I have lost 29lbs to date, & 21.5 inches.. I also live in Victoria (Esquimalt) Esther told me about this link so I thought I would come in and say hi..
  #229   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 21:03

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Cory!

Welcome to the thread. Hope to meet you soon!
  #230   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 21:10

BF:

Check out this link about Oct 2 dinner in Vancouver - maybe we can carpool???

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=61007
  #231   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 21:32
Registered Member

Stats: 191/163/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile Hi Cory

Hi Cory
Glad you made it!
Esther
  #232   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 23:29

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hi ya Cory...Glad you found us...Welcome...Hope to meet you at one of our get togethers!

#233   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 00:19

Plan: trying low carb, hi fat /
Stats: 220/180/165 Female 5'11" / 71 inches / 178cm
BF:not tracking
Progress: 73%
Default wow! 29 lbs!!

Welcome Cory!
Just had to congrat you on your great WHOOSH!
  #234   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 21:30

Plan: Sommersizing
Stats: 174/148.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default HI

Thanks all for the warm welcome. How many Victorians are there? I am hoping to meet all of you soon. My days off are Tues & Sun.
  #235   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 10:05

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default There's a lot of us!!!

Hi Cory, welcome, salutations, all that!

Well gang... I joined Curves. It's fun, and the woman that signed me up is also a low-carber. I was in the back room where they have the scale and whatnot (which I did NOT get on) and there are two or three carb-count books! So, I asked her (Maureen) if she was a low-carber and she said that lc is part of the Curves philosophy! Nice....

I told her about our little group and she expressed an interest in coming to the next lunch, so I told her I would let her know when it is.

I should tell you all that if you are thinking of joining Curves and are just sitting on the fence, this month is the cheapest it will ever be to join. Normal registration fee is 200.00. They never charge that much, usually more like 100.00, but this month they are making the 100.00 two-for-one, or half price. Then it's 40.00.month for your membership. Which, if you were to go to a rec centre, is the same price as going to a rec centre 10 times. Pretty reasonable I think.

And (this is what sold me) it's only a 1 year contract and if you are ill or injured they will extend it for you, and if you decided that you really hate it, they will let you out of your contract, unlike most other places that make you pay for the three years, no matter what! Not a bad deal!

So... that's it!

Talk to ya'll soon!!!
  #236   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 02:30

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hey Donna...I joined too...I joined the one in the new Admirals Thrifty's shopping center...It really is a good deal...and I am loving it!!!
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 08:20

BF:

Well, ladies - it turns out I cannot make the Vancouver dinner after all. I have run into a scheduling problem and found out I already have something on that night which I forgot to write on the calendar.

I am out of town for a week - when I get back, I'll start posting ideas for an October get-together.
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 12:59

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%
Talking Another Victorian

Hi All My name is Jenn and i was introduced to this group by Judi after i made a huge low carb order with her lol

I live in Oak Bay right now but are currently building a new home on Triangle Mountain

Been doing LC since March and i'm down 40lbs and still going strong!

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 13:11

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi me again lol

I was just reading over this thread and thought i'd let you know about the experience i had with the lovely manager at Lifestyles Market on Douglas. (very long story made short) This was probably in about May/June when i emailed them asking them to bring in some 'Keto' products. I got an email back saying they never heard of it so i sent them the link. After going back and forth a few times with him saying it's not worth their time to me saying I know a lot of people who would by the stuff and so on. After me getting a little snippy because it was all about them not making enough money on the product etc he ended up phoning me. Again going over the same things about which products i'd like to see and that alot of people would go to their store etc. When he asked me why i wanted these things i said "because i'm not following a low carb diet and have cut sugar and flour from my menu" WELL there was a big pause and when he came back on he had MAJOR attitude and gave me a 'lecture' about how bad 'high protein' is for me and that I 'obviously must be very overweight to be willing to put my body through that just to lose a few pounds' I was FLABERGASTED!!! So I start defending this woe and tearing a strip out of him and he said "don't kid yourself I see people that attempt low carbing in my store everyday and then i see them coming back a few months later after they have failed to look for another quick fix" Well..my response was "if you are so against it and it is such a horrible way of eating..why is it that you carry Atkins products???"...no response..so I called him a few 4 letter words..and he hung up on me LOL

Needless to say he was very unhelpful. Don't remember his name or anything. Like i said it was a few months ago. Just thought i'd throw that you there since you guys were talking about it It would be great if we could all rally together to get them to bring more products in.

Wow..i babbled..sorry..just thought it was a funny story
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 14:23

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 156/146/135
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Lifestyles Market Attitude

That's very interesting. I think he's had a change of heart. Well, we'll see, anyway.

About a month ago I emailed Lifestyles Markets asking them to get more low carb products, especially things like DaVinci Syrups, Ross chocolates, La Tortilla tortillas, Keto products, Flax-o-Meal. This is the reply I received on August 21st:

Thanks for your feedback, Nola!
GOOD NEWS-we are currently sourcing many of the products you are looking for in our stores. We can anticipate some "waiting period" before these products actually hit our shelves, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait!
Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments, Nola.

Yours in Great Health,

Carmine Sparanese, G.M.
Lifestyle Markets

Perhaps they got rid of the guy with the bad attitude.

Since then the only new product I have seen is the tortillas. Anyone else seen any new low-carb product there?

Nola