Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 08:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
When I did that the back of my throat was saying, "Hey! That thing you did? Yeah, it kind of upset us. We went like and I know it seemed like that part went away but we all all still going and I know you don't want to do that again Right?"

All day.

Not doing it again.

I don't blame you! And to be clear, I was not recommending it to anyone. Sometimes my reflux was so bad that a shot of vinegar was a relief by comparison. I did it one day in desperation and it became habit.

Happily, I don't have that reflux problem anymore thanks to my change in diet. Sooo ... after reading this thread, I tried adding a couple of teaspoons of ACV in my morning cocktail of magnesium citrate powder and a pint of water. It adds a very small, subtle amount of sour citrus flavor and, needless to say, goes down much easier. I just may have swigged my last spoonful.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 23:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 441/359/210 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

After mixing Braggs with water for a few days I've decided to starting doing a shot of Braggs and chasing it with cold water.

Also, if Braggs isn't vital I may go with a cheaper ACV when this gallon is gone.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-17, 02:46

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

I'v always been an apple cider vinegar user, just cheap stuff though, in salads and often just by itself over veggies. But moving here in Botswana from Tanzania, I looked everywhere, and could not find it anywhere. There was spirit vinegar and wine vinegar but that was it. Finally yesterday I drifted into a high end supplements kind of shop (there must be a body builder population here), and there was Braggs! 500ml for the equivalent of $10!!!! Seems a WEE BIT expensive for this, which, when we are home in Austria, we make ourselves from our own Apple cider from our own apples, with our own mother. ANyway, sucker that I am, I bought it.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-17, 05:58

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Drinking Braggs in water is more pleasant than any old vinegar in water, but according to the science, any vinegar will work.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-17, 09:52

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

20 Unique Apple Cider Vinegar Uses and Benefits

https://draxe.com/apple-cider-vinegar-uses/

Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits Cholesterol, Blood Sugar & Metabolism

https://draxe.com/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

This list is right about fungus toes. I had that last year for the first time in my life. My doctor prescribed something but insurance wouldn't pay for it and it was expensive. I found vinegar as a home remedy on the net, and it started working right away I could tell. My brother, who has had fungus toes for 10 years and saw 3 different doctors, tried many things, is now having success as well with vinegar.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-17, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: OMAD intermittent fasting
Stats: 200/173/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Walmart has a store brand with "THE MOTHER" for a lot less than Bragg's. I drink it mixed with lemon seltzer water and I actually like the tart taste. Amazingly enough, my 19 month old grandson likes it too, probably because he thinks he's getting something special when he gets to drink "Grammie's Juice". It's really funny that he screws up his face when he drinks it but then says "more!". Don't know if it has anything to do with it, or if the one meal a day, intermittent fasting is causing it, but I had been on ranitidine (zantac) 150 mg twice daily for years due to severe heartburn and since starting ACV and IF have not had to take even one tablet.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-17, 06:56

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I suspect it's the vinegar as I've heard that a lot - cures heartburn. Amazing, isn't it? How much money spent for heartburn drugs each year?
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-17, 15:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scintillad
I drink it mixed with lemon seltzer water and I actually like the tart taste.

Great idea. I should try that.