Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 10:30
OWL More Veggies

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/223/175 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default What is your favorite "celebrate" menu

I was just thinking that when I get below 30 pounds down, I want to celebrate with a special meal, but I can't think of one. Maybe steak with mushrooms or shrimp, those great big ones...Damn my mouth is squirting.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 10:32

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

i actually don't believe in ever 'celebrating' goals with food. it gets my mind into that 'food is a reward' mentality I've started to break.
Even with low carb food. Eat your fav low carb meal whenever the heck you want. save rewards for something tangible, like a new outfit, shoes, manicure, etc.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 21:19
OWL More Veggies

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/223/175 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 40%

Oh, I was thinking of celebrating my 30 pounds and believe me I will, but I was talking about any celebration, a new job, a great day, spring?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 21:21

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

When I reach 100 lbs. down I'm going to the best restaurant in town and getting them to make me a $30.00 pork chop.

I am also dying to try fois gras.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 21:27

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePants
Oh, I was thinking of celebrating my 30 pounds and believe me I will, but I was talking about any celebration, a new job, a great day, spring?

nope, not me

NO celebrations or rewards involve food any more.

slippery slope.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 16:20

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

It would be hard for me to celebrate with food since an average weekly meal for me includes Alaskan King Crab legs with butter, Steak and Shrimp, and/or Salmon.

Funny thing as these use to be my celebrate foods, but now they are my regular food.

I like to celebrate by being able to buy clothes in a smaller size or being able to fit something I already have when just weeks ago I may have not been able to.

As for celebrating a new job or whatever...then that would be a Rum and SF LC RockStar.

That works for me.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-08, 09:32
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

There are so many wonderful low-carb meals that would work for celebration.

Crab legs in butter.
Lobster in butter.
A good steak.
A good prime rib.

My husband makes a great stuffed chicken breast. He stuffs it with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes - oh, it is to die for!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-08, 00:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandollar
When I reach 100 lbs. down I'm going to the best restaurant in town and getting them to make me a $30.00 pork chop.

I am also dying to try fois gras.

Hey, let's go to Cafe Brio for that next big goal, where we can not only eat our regular LC food, but can celebrate it in the very best style (and they make it all from scratch, literally, including a VERY fine pate/foie gras!).

I've seen a picture of the pork chop donor! A lovely porker it was...

#9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-08, 09:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Hey, let's go to Cafe Brio for that next big goal, where we can not only eat our regular LC food, but can celebrate it in the very best style (and they make it all from scratch, literally, including a VERY fine pate/foie gras!).

I've seen a picture of the pork chop donor! A lovely porker it was...

That's EXACTLY what I had in mind!!
You have yourself a deal!!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 22:06

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Hey!!! No fair making plans like this when I'm out of town (what if I hadn't checked back posts - I'd have missed this whole thing!!) ... you KNOW I want to be included in the anticipation! I can salivate with the best of you!!!!

I never heard of a $30 pork chop ... love to get a look at THAT boar!! Last time I ordered something with foie gras I'd swear they used ordinary liver pate ... not that it didn't taste good, it just didn't taste different or special. Hmmmm........

OK Steph ... watch that portion control so we can have your celebration soon! One small cheesecake piece, not the whole thing. One spoonful of coconut milk, not the whole can. One chocolate bar, not the whole box. Do you feel that shock when I push the button???!!!! Anything else?
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 22:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
OK Steph ... watch that portion control so we can have your celebration soon! One small cheesecake piece, not the whole thing. One spoonful of coconut milk, not the whole can. One chocolate bar, not the whole box. Do you feel that shock when I push the button???!!!! Anything else?

THANK YOU Aunty Glenda!! That is EXACTLY the kick in the pants I need!! Now that I've kicked the peanut butter habit, I promise to work on portion control so we can have a hoe-down at Cafe Brio!!
http://www.cafe-brio.com/

Mmmmmmm....looks good, huh?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 22:22

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Oooohhhhh!!! That "chef's early dinner" sounds wonderful (as most of the menu does). If we're not going there until you're down a full 100 lbs, I'm gonna start naggin' you youngster!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 19:12

Plan: Lowcarb/IF
Stats: 215/173.9/150 Female 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 63%

At one point I would have said "for special occasions I break out the Dreamfield's penne and make a nice creamy cajun chicken pasta", but the last few times I've done that it just hasn't been nearly as good as I remembered, or worth it.

I have no idea now--I supposed it would be a salad and "6-carb" cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory.