Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 05:24
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Arc,
What fun? A honest man!! Like we didn't know about the motives of men! Compliments beat flowers...they take original thought. Thanks for posting.
Sara<><
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 07:02

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 328/237.4/182 Female 67 inches
BF:50+%/34%/20%
Progress: 62%

Sara, have you thought about starting a journal? That way those who really enjoy reading you could find you a lot easier.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 07:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

This thread is hilarious!! I love it! Thank you all for the boost this morning! I needed it.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 16:26
Princess Sara

Note: I am an old woman and some of the references in this post may mean little to you younguns.

As I approach my goal weight I am thinking about the irony of numbers. Twenty-five to thirty years ago, I was very familiar with the weight of 140. I began to think of this weight as my set point. (Do you remember the set-point theory?) I struggled like crazy to get below that weight. I felt so fat. My face held the pudge of youth and my belly felt like I was wearing one of those cheap inner tubes that are not approved floatational devices. Was I really fat or was I longing for a long straight body to go with my hair--you know, that 70's thing? I remember the Metropolitan Life weight tables said that at 5'4" I should weigh no more than 122. I proceeded to diet, regain, and diet myself into true obesity.

Would I have been better off just accepting myself and waiting (weighting) until I matured into my body? Who knows--could I have done it? Probably not. I've spent a lifetime building bumps into my road and journey. I have no regrets. It has taken what it has taken. I know that my body is very different at this weight now. My face is thinner and I have a pudgy stomach--but hey, we have Spanx now, thank you very much. Has age and a low carb lifestyle made for better fat distribution?

The numbers are still a little whacko. Before at 140 I wore a size 11 or 13. Now I am in a size 8. It seems that not only have the weight charts been raised, the sizing has been lowered. I can remember longing to buy clothes in the trendy store, "5-7-9." If that store were still around, I'll bet I still couldn't gain entrance--It would be called "1-3-5" now. And what's up with clothing sized "0"? That's just crazy!!! Listening to teens brag that they wear a size zero makes me think of the Emperor's New Clothes. I feel like the boy watching the naked ruler walk by saying the obvious out loud. "Honey, size zero is not something to aspire to!!"

I look at my goal weight of 135 and wonder if I was subconciously trying to once again get below the weight my body seems to establish. Perhaps I just want to give myself some wiggle room with 5 pounds.

Anyway, I'm paying attention to my body and my feelings. Just wanted to see if any of you have had some of these thoughts after you've lost a significant amount of weight and lived a life of weight wondering.
Peace,
Sara<><
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 18:02
Princess Sara

Okay, here is a new one:
Have you noticed.....that birthdays feel different? I turn 47 on Saturday. (I will admit that I had to get out the calculator to figure out which birthday this will be. My husband couldn't remember either!) This birthday feels happier already. Remember when birthdays reminded you of the weight you had not gotten around to losing? They were as bad as New Year's!! Forty-seven is gonna be a great year for me. AND, I look younger than I did last year!

Also, here is an update. I am definately getting over my photo phobia. It was time for a new church bulletin. (For last time's shot, see my picture in the gallery.) I did okay. Well, I did have to "tinkle" before, during, and after--nerves, don't cha know. I told the photographer, "For goodness sakes, don't shoot me mid-boobs. Don't cha just hate it when they do that to women? Anyway, I looked alright. I'll post it when they come in.
Thanks for all of the support!,
Sara<><
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 05:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/165.5/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 82%

I can relate to all of it.. I saw a cute pair of pants the other day at thrift store.. Then I looked at the size and it was to big.. I had the biggest thrill..

comments are still coming.. i have 22lbs left to go.. My daughter describes me as dinky.. I have gotten a new hair style my son hates. He told me that in front of his wrestling coach.. My response was I guess its a good thing its not on your head.. His coach said he liked it.. haha.. The coach talked to him after I walked away and told him that was wrong and disrespectful.. My son told me I would of asked him what he thought now that might be true but it wouldnt have been in from of high school coach's.. Grrrrrrrr..

I think the biggest change is the clothing thing.. how funny is that. I love shopping and are noticing shoes like you said higher heals, accesories. They will be a biggy soon.. It will be dangerous once I get to goal.. I need everything.. from undergarments to coats.. stylish ones..

Love this post..

charmed
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 07:36
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoose
I am so looking forward to the first time I go swimming without a t-shirt on.

mike

ME TOO!!

(Okay I am just kidding even if females going topless in Ontario is legal nowadays)
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 11:02
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Oh Sara, thanks so much for posting... I had a twinkle in my eye and laughing right out loud at all your observations as I see them too! And I agree about the sizes changing... I've noticed that too! Great insight!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 20:38

Plan: Atkins (4life)..Induction
Stats: 24/24/12 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

OOh wow this is great Sara! I FEEL SOOOOOO GOOD 4 YOU! THIS IS MAKING ME HAPPY.I LONG 4 THE DAY THAT I CAN SEE MY TOES,FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS,AND FEEL MY SHOULDER BONES! hahahaha
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 03:50
Princess Sara

Have you noticed that your new way of life bumps positively into your family's? My husband had his annual physical yesterday and was thrilled. He has lost 30 pounds. I'm selfishly excited that even with his weight loss he weighs more than I do. We were Jack Sprat and his wife for way too many years. Anyway, not so many years ago my husband had to take medicine for his triglycerides (holy moly! how do you spell that?). Now his blood work is great. Who says you can't eat meat?

Thanks to all for the reponses to this thread. I will continue to add to it as the subject crosses my mind, but I think it is time to investigate the journal part of the forum. I'm not sure how that works, but it feels like something to explore.
Sara<><
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 245/230/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 23%

For some reason, I held onto the belts that came with some jeans I bought last year. They didn't even really fit but now they do. On a whim, I even tucked in my shirt the other day. A coworker stopped in her tracks and commented that she'd never seen me with a shirt tucked in or wearing a belt.

The ring I bought a month ago is falling off my pinkie finger. Soon, it should fit one of my other fingers.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 06:20

Stats: 200/178/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I can wear Jeans now and not feel I have to big a Kiester(behind) Ha
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 06:54

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Sarar.I hadnt read this post for a while..I am over here laughing so hard Im coughing ( Im still sick with a bad cold)...I used to weigh..way more than my husband...I am so grateful he weighs more and obviously so ( he is a great wt. for his height)...
Now my husband has a pretty wonderful since of humor, sometimes in a clothing store he will say a bit loudly...."they only have these in 6...way too big for you..." or he will say.."dont they have ANY sz 4's in this place"...he loves to embarass me like that and he gets a kick out of seeing the reaction!
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 07:33

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Jonahsafta, I gotta find a way to get Dh to see this one. Too funny! Your DH is wonderful!
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 09:20

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 205/140/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 87%

This is one of those threads that you could read over and over and still get a good laugh!!