Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#376   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 08:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Nothing like buzzed posting! HAHAHA- I went back and read my post and everyone else as well. Ya I am one of THOSE people that just LOVE's everyone and everything. HAHAHAHAH- I don't like sloppy drinking, but a little pick me up here and there! Bring it! LC of course!
I almost didn't send those pic's because you know it's funny, I don't FEEL as big as I am. I think I have the OPPOSITE of anorexia. I see myself as thin and perky- then comes along a picture. I am not saying this to elicit anything other than I wonder if other feel the same way. I do feel pretty. So that is not the point I am trying to make. But I remember that is was a picture that made me lost the 100+ pounds.

It was around Thanksgiving and I was hanging out with the kids in the park and Mike took a pic of me and the kids playing around. we got them "developed" (remember those days). He then showed me a picture of a FAT woman in a brown coat playing with MY kids. I really did not recognize that fat woman was me.
I lost all that weight and ended up a size 4-6. I still could tell what I looked like.
Fast forward I have gained 55 pounds back (thank goodness no more)- And now I think I still am a size 6 until I see a picture. So actually it does motivate me to get on the band wagon. I know I CAN do it- I have done it before. I was counting carbs and calories and working out. For me I need that trio. I wasn't as concerned about the calories- you are right BLUE- that 1800 or less and ya can still lose nicely.
Ok- off that topic. But yes we did have a great time, hay and all!

TRIG- Man can I relate to the humid!!!! We don't get the crispy fall at all. It is a cool humid- if that makes sense. Most of the time I am still in shorts through Dec. Then January hits and the rain sets in, then everyone gets the flu. Seriously that is how it rolls here. Feb- it's ice if we get anything, people are recovering. And March everything is blooming!
You are 4 hours north yet of me almost straight north. 2 hours from Greenville SC.
Ya I hear ya on teens appearing tired. I think they do undergo stress and their bodies ARE tired. They are gearing up to be adults. That is alone enough to exhaust someone!
It is a crappy rainy day here. No hiking for me. I noticed the bees are out in droves yesterday!
I am not into hunting. I do however like firearms, and know how to use them. I have no problem at all in that regard. I think every home should have at least one! (great Christmas gifts!)- I know you agree because you have them in your dining room, next to the fine china! That cracks me up! But boys will be boys- and you get time to yourself! YAY!

BLUE- I am thrilled about the news of the house! I am ready for you to be in your new home with this all behind you!
I agree about there SHOULDN'T be profit from people being sick. But it is very profitable for people getting and staying sick. "They"- milk ya for every dime until ya die. I am in the business. I see it and that part make me want to hurl. There will NEVER really be a cure for cancer. I seriously believe that. TOO MUCH $$$$$- from big Pharma, to the hospital, to the insurance companies. They are all in bed together. But the only one that get screwed is the poor person who is sick.It isn't right on so many levels. Ya- we will take this to Charleston!!! HAHAHAHAH.That is all I will say on this thread! Yup the button got pushed! We are more in agreement here than not.
About the WOE- I know you have your plate full. My best advice is just make the best decisions you can- and when you are in a better place shortly get back in the saddle and stay put.

NIC- Love that you explained the CASA so well. You are the compassionate heart!!!!!! Speaking of, are you still doing MOW?
I hear ya on the failing piece of the WOE. I think we ALL (speaking to self) need a reboot.
I love the fact your kids got a video of the wedding! I loved the pic's. In the end- it was a beautiful day and thats all anyone will remember.
Going to Walmart in SWEATPANTS- dear god! What if you were in an accident? And they had to pull you out of the car in sweatpants? That is funny. But I go nowhere without the full makeup, hair, earrings, full throttle! The ONE time I did- I ran into an old boyfriend from high school. He got out of his red, convertible with a stunning blond on his arm and saw me. I was standing there in sweatpants and no makeup, and overweight holding ice-cream. By god never again- I may be a bit up again in the weight dept. But I will do makeup. You however, are slim enough to get by with it! It's all perspective isn't it!!!!!
I like to go shopping and be back by noon too! That way I can have the rest of the day.
Looks like today is pork day for MOST of us. I have a pork tenderloin I will toss in the oven and have green beans with it, and TINY bit of gravy.
Oh- and yesterday: Smoking pig- I sure as heck did have that fried Okra with my pulled pork (no bun)! And it was GOOD!

Lori- Why did I think you left yesterday? Man I get dates all messed up! I think it's because I have so many things to remember with dates, times and places- it is hard to keep everyone straight! Sorry you are up before the crack of dawn!
I know though you will have a great time! Do send pic's if you can- and ENJOY yourself. It isn't everyday you go to Europe!!!!! Wow!
You will be missed and envied!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
-------------------------------------------------
not much going on here today. It feels funny to not have ANYTHING on my schedule. I start next quarter next weekend- it will then be full throttle until Dec. So I am not complaining!!!!!!
I will maybe catch up on some Netflix. It is gross here today. Humid, warm and raining and gray. Perfect to stay in, as I was out all day yesterday!
I will be in yoga pants (wink- yes I will)!
I will do my end of month bills and toss in some laundry and putter.
I Like these types of days. Good for balance in life. Ya can't be going 110% all the time!
It's quiet and I have my fall candle going- very peaceful. Dogger at the feet- life is good!

Have a great day gals!
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 16:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

OMG.....I'm about ready to lose my nut! Just sitting around today is making me crazy! I just got the kitchen cleaned up from dinner and will try to settle down to watch some football. I may have to medicate myself to be able to sleep tonight. I'll be up bright & early tomorrow to do the last couple loads of laundry...sheets & towels and misc. Then to shower and get myself pulled together for a 3 hour drive to the airport and then an 7 hour flight.

Speaking of dinner...OMG, the pork chops were awesome. I get them in my Butcher Box subscription. These were about an inch thick(at least). I browned them a bit and then poured in some beef broth and some apple cider...just to make the gravy extra tasty. I turned down the heat to low and let them braise for nearly 2 hours. Fall off the bone delish! And the gravy......swoon! I had to have some. The last meal I'll make for 3 weeks was a good one!

My friend from England has emailed me 2 or 3 times today to make sure she has all the details correct. We will see her Tuesday afternoon....well, it'll be morning here. 5 hour time difference. Our flight leaves Baltimore at 9:30 tomorrow night and we get to London at 9:30 Tuesday morning...London time.

As predicted, my nerves had me grazing all day. This and that and too much dinner. Feeling blech right now. There won't be much eating tomorrow and Tuesday....just whatever we can grab in the airport(s).

Enough of my rambling. I'll pop in tomorrow morning while I'm having my morning coffee, as usual.
  #378   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 17:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Bon voyage!!!! And off you go. Can't wait to see whatever pix you can send. Be safe and happy pal. You're on the precipice of a great adventure, one you'll never forget, I'm sure.

Hey gals, quick post from me tonight. I realize I have to get over the idea that I post long, or don't post at all. Just know I'm usually reading along and taking in all my pal's lives here, and always respond when I can.

In addition to everything else, my son has been going thru a bit of a crisis. He's OK, but not ok, and I will respect his privacy on this thread. But OMG it's just been one thing after another to worry about. Will say he is doing well with what he's been handed and I think he will come out of this stronger and more confident. Trying to love him up and give support over thousands of miles, and that is a challenge, and one that can whip you into being so darn tired

But for now, things are relatively looking up for him, if still obstacles to come. I worry so, and am so far away. It is difficult but thank God for technology. We are able to talk, text w/him every day, couple of times a day, so there is still a way to hold our arms around him.

Yep. I'm all out of energy to give right now. BUT, I DO believe things for our son and for us are soon to change direction for the better. We should learn more this week about the house, hoping it's all doable. So far, so good.

Thankful for the blessings we've had, so many good friends who have contributed to helping us get out of here, so many good friends holding the faith for us and letting us know it WILL be OK. Such as you guys.

It strikes me that at this age I can't shrug and move on as I once did at a more care free age. It is what it is. And soon if we are really blessed, this part will be behind us.

LOL, I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about our woes, and I don't mean the eating kind, and I don't blame you.
  #379   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 18:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue, we are always there to support each other through WOES and woes and life changes. That is the best part of this group. IMO it goes far, far beyond what I put in my mouth. I can talk about that with anyone.

Hugs hugs hugs to you and DH and the boy. I tell ya, when something is off with one of my kids, whatever it is, and even if I know in the long run it will all be okay, I am absolutely beside myself and so driven to distraction, so I really feel for you. My heart really does go out. With that, the house, the Dogger, girl you are getting it from all sides. Just know that I am sending all kinds of virtual love and hugs your way. xoxoxox

Lori- HAhahahaahahaha I love the way you wrote you are "losing your nut." That is a great phrase! I want to start using it. Super soon for your departure! I have been grazing today with you and not all LC and my ass isn't even going anywhere.

Glad your pork chops were so delicious. Sounds very good!

Jaz- Don't forget I am the girl who drove my kids to school every day in my sweatshirt and sweatpants! lol No makeup and sometimes I didn't even comb my hair. I am shameless, utterly shameless. That being said, if I had run into someone in the Walmart I might have been a HAIR embarrassed as I was actually out of the car! I banked on being in and out and I was safe!

••••

Made ribs in the instant pot for dinner- yum! I tell ya, that and the sous vide have been a big game changer for me over the past couple of years. Both have made things easier. For the ribs, 22 minutes cook time plus 15 to natural release, and broil for about 8. Delicious and fast.

I've got bone in chicken thighs defrosting to bake up tomorrow just to keep on hand in the fridge. Will thaw out ground beef and pork also for crack slaw for tomorrow night. I've also got some leftover steak in the fridge that I will eat over the next couple of days. Maybe some chicken wings later on in the week, if the mood strikes. We'll see! Going to try to hop back up on that wagon.. I was dragged behind pretty well today. That being said, I mowed the front lawn and took a 2.5 mile walk, so a thumbs up for that, at least!
  #380   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 19:00

BF:

I so agree we go far beyond WOE- we care deeply about each other and the day to day struggles!
(((((( HUGS)))))) Blue- I know it is tough to be a thousand miles from your son, as am I. When they hurt we do too! So cool though he calls and shares! You ARE there, just differently.

NIC- So I took my IPOT out tonight too. I however threw out what I made. Had a pork tenderloin and killed it. It was SO SO dry and smelled funny. I am going more towards fish, chicken and LC veggies these days. You know romain salad, kale, spinach, green beans - no night shades. Cabbage- zucchini. I like that because it does fill me up and I feel good about it. I do however count the carbs in those veggies.
I am getting to where the smell of raw pork stinks to me. I love ribs, and pulled pork, IF IF IF I don't have to make it. It smells funny raw. Then I don't want it after I make it. one less thing off the plate.
Dairy I have found also makes me break out on my face.- I am mostly goat cheese on eggs at this point, and that is it.
I might try some chicken wings- those sound good to me! Crack slaw! Yes- been a minute for that- forgot about that!!!!! Thanks! See I always get ideas from you ladies!!!!!

See ya in the morning. Lori will be up at 2 am and unable to sleep- she will be first poster. Buck says that happens!!!!!!! -
Lori- save and FUN FUN travels my friend!!!!!

Oh- I spent some time looking at before and after pics of people on this website! SO inspiring! YES I CAN TOO!!!!!
-----------------------------
Came across a recipe that sounded really good- going to try it- I will sub. Goat cheese- but will post as is! Sounds amazing- I would add smoked paprika on the top and powered garlic to taste as well .

INGREDIENTS:

½ - 3/4 large head cauliflower (6-7″) cut into flowerets

3 oz. cream cheese, cut into small bits

6 T. total butter, unsalted

Dash salt

½ leek, sliced thinly

3/4 c. Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS: Under running cold water, wash all dirt from between the leaves of the half leek. Do this carefully, as the dirt hides on both sides of the leaves. Nothing worse than biting into grit at the table. Slice the leak thinly. Melt 2 T. of the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute leeks just until tender. Turn off heat and set aside.

Cut up the cauliflower into flowerets, place it into a 4-qt. saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and medium boil until soft, or about 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat, pour all into a colander to drain and with a rubber spatula, mash out any water you can. Preheat oven to 350Ί. Pour cauliflower back into the saucepan and drop in the cut up cream cheese. Stir with you a rubber spatula to allow the cream cheese to melt a bit. Add 4 of the 6 tablespoons of butter and the salt. With a hand-held mixer or stick blender (I used the stick for mine), puree all until smooth. Add the sauteed leek, scraping all the butter you can get into the pot. Stir well to mix evenly. With your rubber spatula, scrape the cauli-leek mixture into a lightly buttered baking dish (mine
(you can shred the cheese first if you prefer). Pop into 350Ί oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted nicely. This tasty dish was delightful served with butter-seared pork chops and a salad.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 6 servings, each contains:

259.3 cals, 23.4g fat, 6.36g carbs, 1.99g fiber, 4.48g NET CARBS, 7.7g protein, 350 mg sodium

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Sep-30-18 at 19:36.
  #381   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-18, 04:12

BF:

Good Morning!
Last and first to post?!?! LORI- you are up and having coffee. Today is your BIG DAY!!!!

Boy could I get used to working from home! Can't happen soon enough! I am taking some sprinkled days off between now and the end of the year. I have already started Christmas shopping believe it or not. I usually get stuck at the end of the year and then scramble to get stuff. MORE STUFF!!!!
However I really like what I got the kids. I got their names in a picture. Hard to describe on here. I found it at the festival last weekend. You can create words-with letters that are shapes. Anyway it's cool and they will like it. Got them made for the grandkids too!

I spent some great time on the before and after pic section on here last night. I was pretty stoked!
I was browsing. I also can't remember where I read it, but it was a post by a doctor on here. Anyway it talked about people who have lost alot of weight have kept it off and then gain it back. Then Try to lose it again. BINGO!
Anyway it went on to say that IT IS HARDER the second time around. As if the body does not want to GO THERE AGAIN! - There wasn't any research to prove this- just observations. But I can attest it IS HARDER. I would be interested in knowing WHY!!!!
Just something that makes me go hummmmmmm??????

What does everyone week look like? Some party different day for me. School starts Wed. - I can be in full writing mode this upcoming weekend!
Sipping my coffee and listening to the news while I type this. I should laugh but picture this. So I live in one of the worst driving cities. Well one of our highways is completely shut down- traffic is stopped and the back up is miles. WHY? Cows on the highway. COWS- A cattle truck over turned and the COWS took a running start. The result complete chaos on the highways. I would be upset if I were in that mess- and trying to get somewhere.
But sitting on my couch and listening to the report- YOU GO COWS!!!!!RUN!!!!!

BLUE- any house news? I know you are super busy! This too will pass. And BTW- you don't have to write a book to just post. You can put down a dot- or even give a snippet. We all do it. Sometimes those are best anyway! Everyone loves a quickie!!! HAHAHAHAH

TRIG- what's on your agenda today? I bet you get some great hiking in this week. Sunny and upper 80's and warm all week! Your weather!!!!!- run with it!

NIC- What are you doing today? Are you getting the warm and sunshine too?????
-----------------------------------------
Wow the cow story keeps going- they can't find several several of them. Seriously????????-
Warm and muggy- I am going to take my Fitbit and walking shoes to work today.
I am trying to find a great lotion for my feet. I rarely wear shoes and my feet get really dry. Especially my heels. I have used the "heel" lotion and it still isn't working. I have been using coconut oil as well. I just hate wearing shoes, unless it's boots. But it's to hot for those right now.

On plan Stan today. I have soup I am taking in for "lunch"/snack- it's very LC veggie soup.
Ok- going for one more cup before I face the day! Make it a great one!
  #382   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-18, 04:28

BF:

Good Morning!! October 1st!!! Travel day!!!

Thanks to the good people who make AdvilPM, I slept very well! DH got up at 5 and I followed soon after. I have a load of laundry in the washer and am enjoying my first cup of coffee.

A few last minute items to pack once the laundry is finished and then try not to injure ourselves bringing the heavy bags down the stairs. I remember the days when we would pack 1 huge suitcase and it would take 2 of us to get it downstairs! These days we take 2 smaller ones that are not so heavy & cumbersome.

I'm feeling guilty about leaving my cat. She has been extra clingy the last couple days.....I think she knows. She has always been so good when we go away. Never any messes or anything. The pet sitters will come every day and spend some time with her. Luckily, she is not afraid of them and they say she is always a love bug. They will also feed the birds, bring in our mail etc. We like having someone check on the house each day. A bit of peace of mind.

Blue....so sorry your son is dealing with troubles. I'm sure it is so hard being so far away. I'm also sure that he can feel your love and support across the miles. You sure have been dealing with massive stress. Hang on girl...you'll make it!

Nic....good on you for doing so much walking. I have been a big old slug for the past week. That ends today! We will be on the move!

I'm mad at myself for not losing some weight before this trip, but it is what it is. I weighed myself this morning and it's not good. It will be even worse till we get home, but I can't worry about it. I will deal with it in November! I'm not planning to stuff myself the next 3 weeks, but if there is something that sounds good to me....I WILL eat it! I've been trying to convince myself that I only need to eat 3 bites of any treat type food....all the subsequent bites will taste exactly the same...3 is enough! How do you think I'll do with that?

Jaz..sorry your dinner had to be pitched. Disappointing. It's weird how something can start to just "turn" you. I got that way with turkey once. Could not face it! Ugh. Even now, I will eat a bit of turkey, but it doesn't take much to have me say enough. Hope you enjoyed your Sunday after your fun, busy day on Saturday.

Trig....enjoy your solitude while DH is away at camp and DD is at school. What will you do with yourself?

Ok....time for more coffee and to putter around. Love you all and I'll shoot an email to you all when I can!
((Hugs))
  #383   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-18, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning, Lovelies!

Another late night last night, almost midnight before I went to bed, but to see the Ravens win over the Steelers (one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL) was so wonderful that I could not go to bed any earlier!
WHOO HOO! Ravens are looking great so far this year. Let's hope they can keep the momentum going!

Jaz- Sorry your pork tenderloin didn't come out well for you. Always disappointing to take the time to fix something and then have it not come out well.

Too funny about the cows. Talk about living your best life! lolololol
So today is a home day for you, then? Enjoy!

Lori- So excited for you today! Safe travels and enjoy every single minute. Yes, don't go absolutely nuts on your trip but do enjoy yourself and the opportunities you have to enjoy different things, including food. It is nothing that cannot be undone IMO. Plus you will be very active!

Hugs to everyone else! Beautiful weather day today so I will be out and about in it in some way or another. I love the month of October!
  #384   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-18, 17:37

BF:

Hi!

Made it to Baltimore with no problems. Just had a good dinner and an adult beverage. I could sleep now! Just under an hour till boarding.

Here we go!!!
  #385   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 03:52

BF:

Me again!

Hello from London! Good flight, no problems. Now having some coffee and waiting to catch the train to Taunton where my friend will pick us up this afternoon.

A bit tired, but we made it!

More later.
  #386   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning! Another hot and steamy day here.

I MUST TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING!!!- Being a savory sort I am even impressed. So I ran out of coffee creamer and was lazy to GO back out to the store after working all day and taking off my "clothes" (on go the yoga shorts). Anyway I had a can of pure coconut cream I got from TJ.

So the first time I opened a can I saw it was a solid mass at the top and clear liquid on the bottom. So I tossed it thing it was bad. So someone at work told me it comes that way and one is to WHIP it and it becomes like a pudding/cream consistency.

So I took out the can dumped it in a bowl- and whisked it up. Sure enough fluffy like thicker whipped cream.
Anyway I put a spoonful in my coffee this morning- YUM YUM AND MORE YUM!
But I was thinking you could drop a spoonful of pumpkin and nutmeg and a drop of stevia in it to have a wonderful fall dessert- 1 carb. REALLY 1 carb. I think it would really fit that want of something light and creamy. I might try it. I am going back to TJ to get another can. But it sure makes for a great coffee cream! Mother of invention- who knew? I really like it better than the coconut milk I buy.

So something else- today I am attempting my hand at a calamari salad. So at TJ- in the frozen seafood section they sell a bag of shrimp, scallops, and calamari. They are the smaller ones- but perfect for what I want to make. So I cooked them really quick in butter and garlic and put it in the fridge. Now I will bring it out and add a Italian dressing, a tiny bit of minced red onion, and flat parsley, and capers and make it a "salad". I had a version of this at a high end French Deli- it was the bomb and I have always wanted to duplicate it. So I am going to try it today. I have romain and arugula to nest it in and then I will squeeze fresh lemon and oil on it. WHO says LC has to be boring?!

I also have leftover LC kale soup if the want is there. I used a dense bone broth for that so it is really filly as well. Very light and satisfying. I am in the mood for that.

I am now going to make that cauliflower casserole I posted a few days ago. I think that would be devine with bacon crumbles on the top. It is supposed to be a loaded baked potato knock off. So I will swap out the dairy part using coconut cream- but will use the cream cheese. I am into wanting to cook again. I go though phases.

Feeling really good this morning physically! I will take that.

LORI- YAY- and off she goes on a huge adventure!

Trig- what going on in your world this week? QUIET this week! You and BLUE!!!!

Blue- put your dot down! Hope things are going your way! Can't wait to hear all about it!

NIC- I KNEW you were watching that Raven's Steelers game! Do you have a houseful game night? they didn't start that game until 830!!!!! That was a LATE game! You know th super bowel will be played here in the ATL!!!!! - I have hear that every hotel is already sold out. The city is already prepping for it.

Awesome you will be out and about in some beautiful weather. Hot and humid here!

Gotta run- meet the man!
I know this post was mostly about me and my menu- sometimes I get in the menu mood! HAHAHAHAH
  #387   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 05:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori safe travels and if ya can at any time flip us all a pic. You know we would love to see it
You are going to be super covered with food on this trip, one bite of anything good should be enough cause there is a ton of good yet junky food on the trip LOL ugh, girl it will be rough I am sure, just do the best ya can and worry about it when ya get home.

Nicco sounds like your date night worked out well.

Jaz, working from home and now you are becoming a real chef in your kitchen with experiments and more. Rock on !
Yea I know what you mean by cool-humid. No crisp and spry feeling here, it is always hanging on that muggy feeling. So get ya on that.

Blue, ahh, good support is all your son needs. As adults we all have to work thru troubles, boy don't we all know that but what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!

hey all
fast one

I am in a no computer mode.
didn't even fire it up yesterday.
hubby is gone and the house is SO quiet and I am in my glory. even the 'puter has no draw for me right now

kid trying to get out school. omg she is annoying the sh** out of me to the max. Told her NO she is going and she is crying and I finally got that stopped saying, she is going on the bus crying for all I care! My gosh she is pushing every darn button of mine this morning! I am so over it ya know.

I have no where to go today, don't want to buy a darn thing, nothing to do so I am cleaning around here. No one in the house I can do xyz I have been putting off and while doing it, I am getting out the rum oh yea baby, I am going for it. Crocked cleaning HeeHee….well not crocked, too old to get crocked anymore, I guess Jaz said it best, buzzed up cleaning and will probably take a nap later this afternoon.

yes that is the exact mood I am in and that is what I am doing!
I am nutso, this I know HAHA

got a ribeye for later at brunch time meal.
bacon and eggs for dinner tonight for me.

still can't get that one meal per day thing happening. trying but I am NOW into my 2 meals per day....will have to fight a bit to get out of that pattern I guess? or maybe not even bother trying....heck I don't know.

whatever....that is all I am saying today....whatever

great day all
  #388   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 06:38

BF:

BUZZED CLEANING for Trig! Dude, what a great idea! Love it!
WTH is up with your kid, just not wanting to go to school but no reason? Not sick or anything? Way to early in the school year for that kind of attitude. Good for you for kicking her to the curb. lol

LORI so bizarre that you post that you are at the airport and then you post that you are in London! It was so quick it was like you vaporized there! lol. Have a most excellent time. I am happy for you!

JAZ- love reading about the menu ideas. I know exactly the seafood mix you are talking about at TJs. I have bought it but I used it to make a bouillabaisse type soup. It was very good. Now you have got me hankering for it!

Blue- hope you are doing okay, sweet friend.

•••••

Beautiful day here weather wise.

Today is MoW, then shopping a bit for DS19 who is NOW DS20! Today is his birthday and I am down to only one teenager! Crazy!! He facetimed me late last night and he and his GF are coming into town tonight so we can all go out to dinner! The seven of us will go to Maggianos. I am so excited to get to actually see him on his birthday! Such a treat. Busy day but an excellent one!
  #389   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 16:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

We are in the stages of negotiation after inspection and it is very nerve racing. Don't have anything left for posting today. Hopefully we'll know more by tomorrow because if we don't ---BOOM, cortisol explosion!
  #390   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 16:56

BF:

TRIG- YA on BUZZED cleaning! Hey man- I would and have done that- a SLIGHT "pick me up"- it way different than a sloppy drunk. ALL in for adult beverage here and there!
ENJOY your house to yourself!!!!!!!

NIC- Maggionos!!!!!- We have one of those here! Very popular. Was there once. It is a TRIGGER place for me. I avoid it like the plague! But good on you if you can avoid.
Awesome on fun kids birthday!

Blue- UPDATE??????
-----------------------------------
Trig- I am not YET working from home just expanding my culinary skills for something a bit new. I however, am digging fish more! I don't know why the SMELL of pork is such a turn off to my. I love bacon- but pork - not so much. I found even the last time I opened a package of ribs- it smelled bad. But tasted ok- but I only wanted to eat it once. Pitched the rest. I am loving the fresh FRESH foods.

So - What I came to SAY. Mary gave notice and her last day is NOv. 30th. I have applied for her job for the hello of it. I don't care if I get it or not truth be told. It would be a 45,000 increase in pay and I would be pretty secure for a retirement that right now is non-existent. But If I don't get it due to internal politics- then I hang tight, work from home and finish my degree. Either way- all good. However I am THE most qualified as I have been DOING her job for months!!!!!! The NEW bosses are not familiar with our program. I am - and have done management and program development in past positions.

So that is my news of the day. Many people have applied. It was posted. So I tossed my hat in the ring. there is another lady that might have applied. If she gets it- I am OK with that- she and I work well together. She is very detailed- and DETAILED- me, I am a people person. I can direct the troops and inspire but little details bother me. However knowing that I would want to hire someone that would compliment my lack! I would be looking for a detail person!

Anyway- BIG NEWS! Happened quicker than I thought. She is being let go- I learned that too. She has mentally checked out and is not caring - she TOLD me that. OK wow ok...........

WINE time- need to kick back and put this brain on rest and veg out. RIGHT there with you TRIG!!!!!
Closed Thread