Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 17:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/229/180
BF:
Progress: 47%
Question Any Sugar Busters out there

Just curious. Would like to discuss sugar busters with someone or email back and forth. Thanks. Linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 00:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Linda,

Don't know much about Sugar Busters yet, but we just opened this area and hopefully more SB followers will drop in

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 22:34

Plan: gen. low-carb/whole foods
Stats: 225/203/160
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Linda!

I've been researching all these different plans and I'd say mine is pretty close to SB. I avoid all sugars, potatoes and corn; however, I do include some whole grains in my plan in moderation. Right now I'm journaling to figure the correct balance for me. Today I ate too many grains and had a slip-up, so I need to find a happy medium.

Four years ago I followed the Protein Power plan, but missed the whole grains too much and ended up gaining all the weight back. This time I want to lose slowly and permanently as I search for the proper balance.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Linda -

I have been following the Atkins plan since August 2001. I have been playing with different sugar substitutes until I over indulged on a low carb chocolate pudding with had, of course, artificial sugar. I've readjusted my plan of eating to eliminate sugar in my recipes. I've gone back to my journal, and am finding that writing about my daily food plan as well as "what is eating me" is helpful. I've not read the Sugar Busters book in awhile, but would welcome fellow travelers who are also trying to abstain from sugar.

jan
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:43

Plan: Sugar Busters/Weight Watchers
Stats: 229/220/150
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile new to Sugar Busters

Hi...I'm a new/old poster to low carb canada.I was on low carb a couple years ago & then I stupidly switched to WW and GAINED almost all my weight back!! SO, I decided to give SB a try.I strated on Jan10/2002 but haven't had a weigh in day yet.So far I'm loving it!!
A friend of mine started SB on Jan.2/2002 & as of this morning she is down 17 pounds.

Carol from Kamloops,B.C.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: new to Sugar Busters

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol56
Hi...I'm a new/old poster to low carb canada.....
Carol from Kamloops,B.C.

Oh yes, welcome back Carol!

By the way, your previous account/user name is still active if you want to use it. If you forgot the pass word, just click on the forgot password link.

Nice to see you back!

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 00:47

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've just finished reading Sugar Busters! and it seems like a sensible plan. My question to anyone that has done or is doing Sugar Busters! is: how difficult is it to follow, and do carb cravings return with the introduction of grains?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb floundering; deciding which plan
Stats: 241/229.5/133
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Looking for other SBers

After careful (and not so careful) experimenting with various plans, I think Sugar Busters is the one that could fit.

I have a friend who has lost 100 pounds on this WOE. I need help with some of the questions I have. How can catsup be legal...isn't it loaded with sugar?

Talk to you later!

Hes
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 09:46

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 120/115/105
BF:
Progress: 33%
Hi! I'm new to the forum and trying to lose some weight and get a bit healthier using sugar busters. I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose but since there is a lot of diabetes in my family this WOE seemed sensible and do-able. I like the fact that very few foods are absolutely forbidden. I've lost my cravings for chocolate candy which was my big weakness and I'm slowly losing. My husband easily lost 20 pounds and he didn't even follow the diet that closely--he ate any old "whole wheat " bread, etc. However, it appears that to lose women have to stick very closely and read labels. Right now I'm on a mission to find a carb free sweetener for my coffee, cocoa etc. Any suggestions?
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:42

Plan: Herbalife
Stats: 225/225/175
BF:
Progress: 0%

In response to the catsup quest: I have found some SF ones at Whole Foods Market. There is also a recipe for making your own with tomatoes, onion, vinegar & artificial sweetner. It's pretty easy & you can adjust it to your own taste.
If you want that recipe, just let me know...I have tons of recipes!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:59

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Cool Sweetener

Greetings!

What I know of SB is second-hand. My father was diagnosed with diabetes late last year, and he and Mom have switched to SugarBusters on the dr's advice. They love it.

About that sweetener: I'm in the process of switching from Splenda to stevia. I love my Splenda, but there's something attractive to me about using an all-natural, 0-carb sweetener.

Stevia's readily available here in my local health food store. They have it in packets (like Splenda or NutraSweet or Sweet-N-Low), and also in liquid form. I use the packets for now. The most difficult thing to get used to with stevia is how *little* is required to make something sweet! We're talking miniscule amounts here, for a cup of coffee or tea. A fraction of a teaspoon (and I don't mean 1/4 or 1/8, either--WAY less than that). You'll know if you've used too much by the aftertaste--rather like strong licorice. (I despise licorice, so that's great aversion therapy for me. )

There's my two pfennigs' worth. Good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:54

Plan: Atkin's/Sugar Busters
Stats: 144/137/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default 3 weeks

I've ben doing Atkin's for 3 weeks, and now I am easing into the Sugar Busters diet. It seems more reasonable for me to follow long term , especially with the inclusion of whole grain breads and fruit.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 21:31

Plan: SUGAR BUSTERS!
Stats: 198/155/130
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default SB THE ONE FOR ME!!!

I READ ATKIN'S AND OF COURSE TRIED FOR AT LEAST A MONTH, I ALMOST KILL FOR A PIECE OF FRUIT AN A SALAD....IT WAS HARD..VERY HARD
BUT BECAUSE OF A FRIEND (THANK GOD), DISCOVER SUGAR BUSTERS!
IT WAS SENCIBLE, REAL AND OF COURSE IT WASN'T HARD TO FOLLOW AT ALL....VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW WAY OF LIVING

SINCE SEP/2001 LOST 38 POUNDS AND HOPEFULLY STILL GOING STRONG...

FROM A VERY TROPICAL PLACE !!!!!

SEE YA LATER

#14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:46

Plan: Sugar Busters/Atkin's
Stats: 306/235/185 Female 5'6
BF:no clue
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up I love Sugar Busters!

I have been on Sugar Busters (admittedly, off and on) since Auguest of 2000. I have lost over 60 pounds so far and feel good.
I want to learn more about Atkin's and other diets that cut out starches and sugars. My body definitely feels yucky after eating such foods. I am happy to have found this forum. Excellent JOb Everyone!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:52

Plan: Sugar Busters/Atkin's
Stats: 306/235/185 Female 5'6
BF:no clue
Progress: 59%
Default Re: I love Sugar Busters!

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyWendy
I have been on Sugar Busters (admittedly, off and on) since August of 2000. I have lost over 60 pounds so far and feel good.
I want to learn more about Atkin's and other diets that cut out starches and sugars. My body definitely feels yucky after eating such foods. I am happy to have found this forum. Excellent JOb Everyone!