Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 9'10/9'10/9'0 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default sugar-free mayonaise?

Anyone know where i can get some sugar-free mayo? i dont like olive oil on my salads so i'm a little stuck as what to have!!
thank you.
Ps. in the UK.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:43
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi,

I don't know any brand names since I'm in Canada, but it's very easy to make your own mayo

here's one recipe and there are many variations, this is just very basic.

To do a Real Mayonnaise:

Have everything at room temperature. To the bowl of your food processor, with the steel blade at ready, add:

2 egg yolks

1 whole egg

1 Tbl. French style mustard

grind of black pepper, or bit of white or red

pinch of salt

juice of lemon

Turn on food processor, and let run for 10-15 seconds. Then, while still running, dribble in:

2 cups oil.

Use corn, peanut or other oil. For the distinctive taste, some or all of the oil can be olive. Be careful though, in a Mayonnaise made with all olive oil, if the oil is the least bit heavy the Mayonnaise will be a heavy thing indeed.

When all the oil has been added, shut off the machine and taste the Mayonnaise. You might want to add a bit more lemon juice or salt. This is also the time to add a bit of Tarragon, or a few chives, maybe a tiny touch of a fine curry powder, or anything else that might give it a distinctive flair. Whirl it few more seconds, and scrape into a stainless steel or glass bowl. Enjoy fresh and warm, or chill well before using.

If you don't h ave a food processor a hand mixer will be fine.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,candidia
Stats: 145/135/125 Male 5feet3
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Yes, Yes, Yes I doo

Hello,

I have been using one called Vegenaise(grapeseed oil) Egg & dairy Free with no SUGARS.

Check it out here. www.followyourheart.com

I have been using it for years and I really like it.

~~~`Rocks101

Last edited by rocks101 : Wed, Jan-19-05 at 14:12. Reason: forgot sugars
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 18:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Rocks sorry to do this to you but here are the ingredients in that mayo. Not Candida friendly. Really best to make your own if your able to. I myself have not tried that yet.

INGREDIENTS: Grapeseed Oil, purified water, apple cider vinegar, brown rice syrup, soy protein, sea salt, lemon juice, and mustard.

The brown rice syrup is a form of sugar. Unless you dont have Candida its probably ok. I will say I do use a mayo that has sugar in it too. I just dont use it everyday so I keep track of how I feel using it.

Blessings,
Carol
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,candidia
Stats: 145/135/125 Male 5feet3
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello,

Carol R My yeast doctor say's the grapeseed vegenase is o. k . The label say's no (0)sugar and only 1 carb per tlbs, my friend with the health food store said this one is o.k. I think it's because the very little bit of rice syurp it has almost no sugar at all to add to the mixture and it is not a simple surgar like candy or soda (white sugar ) it's a complex sugar and very little at that.
of course I am at phase two and three in my eating habits.

~~~~rocks101

I don't think I would eat very much at a time , I mostly use olive oil or grape seed oil and apple cider vinergar with braggs amino acids and some garlic to taste.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 09:05

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Its the vinegar in mayo that causes the problems with candida sufferers. I use natural live yogurt with a sprinkle of dried mint or other herb stirred in in place of mayo and dressings - or olive oil and lemon juice
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-14, 12:36

Plan: Harcombe
Stats: 186/167/126 Female 61.5
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-60
Anyone know where i can get some sugar-free mayo? i dont like olive oil on my salads so i'm a little stuck as what to have!!
thank you.
Ps. in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003O51BZQ