Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 07:01
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Only a .2 loss for me today, second day out from CN. Sigh. Keifer may call this "power" losing, but I call it "painfully slow" losing. Nothing new for me.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 13:59

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello All!

Hello Peggy! It is nice to meet you!

Today I am down 2 lbs, so I still have a good 3.6 left to go.

I wish I could eat whatever I wanted like you guys. But it seems if I do not keep my CN low fat, I have a big gain and it takes forever to get rid of. I only seem to have losses when I keep the fat very low on my CN.

This past CN I had brownies, which are NOT low fat at all. Very HIGH. And I had a ribeye steak, and a vegetable pack with butter, so my CN was very high fat this time and I saw a big gain from it. The previous CN was low fat with barely a gain at all.

To be on the safe side, I will try to keep my CNs low fat. I didn't have much choice this past one because I was at the whim of my Aunt. But my next one I will have control of. I am already working on a game plan for it - and it will be at home this time!

ROX - yes, I do use my Ketostix to test for ketosis. I usually see color by day 4.

HI CHRISSIE! Glad you are all tan & happy!

Today I had a tuna salad on spinach for lunch, and 2 grilled burger patties and one bratwurst for an early dinner. Still hungry. I have some yogurt planned as a snack for tonight. I have no idea why I am so hungry this week!!!!!!

You all have a great day!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 14:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Only a .2 loss for me today, second day out from CN. Sigh. Keifer may call this "power" losing, but I call it "painfully slow" losing. Nothing new for me.

I rarely see a loss so soon after my CN. Usually on the 3rd or 4th day do I start whooshing. You will probably see something tomorrow.
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 17:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Welcome back Chrissie. Glad you had a nice vacation.

I have been very hungry these last couple days too Paulette.
Not exactly sure why.

I was down another pound this morning. 2.5 pounds to go to get back to my last Sat CN weight, and 3 more mornings to go. Might not have a loss this week.

Have a great night all.
Rox
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 19:09
Patience Personified

I weighed later in the morning and had actually lost a full pound from yesterday. That made me feel a little better. Paulette, I have to eat pretty clean on CN (non-sweet carbs mostly) as Kiefer says women can have more difficulties losing than men on this. But I don't have to watch fat intake (yet) other than making the first afternoon insulin spike the lowest fat spike of the 6-hour window, as Kiefer suggests.

I shoot for only 3 carb insulin spikes now instead of the 4 I was doing before. Hopefully that will help me a bit. But in 3 months of doing this, I've only had a 2# loss one time, I believe.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 09:14

BF:

I am up 1 lb today, strangely. I feel I am going to have a hard time getting back to square this week. And being excessively hungry this week is not helping either!

Today I am going to try and have a very low cal day. I am hoping I will not get too hungry. I need to create a good deficit this week to reach my goal. I need to buck up and get through it.

PEGGY - I agree with you. I would find it difficult to get 4 good spikes in a 6 hr window. The past month I have been getting in 2. And I never go 8 hrs. 6 is more than enough for me. I am not a young active person. I don't need to build up a maximum level of glycogen. It takes my body longer to use it up. Which I am finding out this week. I was doing only one meal at night, then a dessert before bed. But last week I started with crackers in the mid afternoon, had a protein dinner with veggies, then my dessert. So I got in 3 - although I do not think the actual dinner provided many carbs. It may not have been carby enough to get a spike at all! But I know the brownies made up for it. It was not a very good CN at all. Then I continued it the next afternoon with leftovers. So I kind of ruined my week.

Next week I will have full control. I believe I am going to make some of my low fat oatmeal muffins. I can get good spikes off those. They are filling, not high in calories, very delicious, and I can be satisfied eating only those. So if I do not have dinner plans, I will be happy with my muffins.

--------

I hope you all have a good day today!
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 09:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringamajig
I was down another pound this morning. 2.5 pounds to go to get back to my last Sat CN weight, and 3 more mornings to go. Might not have a loss this week.

ROX - Congrats on being down again today! I sure hope you can make your goal this week! I am not going to have my next CN until Wednesday. I need to give myself more time as I did not follow protocol. I am not seeing color on my stix yet, and I need to see that before I even consider another CN. I know I need one every week. It is manditory. But I feel I need to go 10 days this time. The 3 extra days may help.
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 15:44

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Smile hello dollies!!

i didn't weigh in this morning......i didn't feeeeeel like it!

PAULETTE.....nice loss yesterday . sorry for the bounce
i LOVE brownies!!!

ROX.....congrats on another lb down the tubes!

PEGGY......i always have to tell myself; 'ANY loss is better than a gain, and even a bit better than stability'
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 16:46
Patience Personified

Hi, Chrissie. Nice to meet you. I agree. I have struggled so with losing weight on this beta blocker med, I welcome even a .2# loss. Down is down............. and down is good. I dropped nearly 2# from yesterday, to my low of 186 (again). Maybe I'll keep it off this time. I've been flirting with 186 for over a month now.
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 07:42

Cool good morning!!

i am down a pound this morning, and squeaked back into the 150's

PEGGY......congrats on the loss!
now no more flirting with mr. 186....he's old news; time to find a new man a little lower on the totem pole

have a great day ladies!
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 09:46

Plan: Carb Nite
Stats: 256/175/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default So far...

Well I haven't lost anything so far but I've only done one carb nite correctly. The first week I went up and then back down to my starting weight. The next week I carried on eating the next day and I'm still up one pound.

I'm debating whether to do carb nite tonight as planned and keep my calories under control overall or to wait until I'm back to or under my starting weight.

I lost about 5 pounds when I first started low carb but have been stalled since April. I'm thinking it's related to the fact that my period stopped in December (I'm 48). I gained 20 pounds in the 2 months right after. I'm going to see a menopause doc on Monday and see if we need to do hormone therapy or something. It's always been easy for me to lose weight but hard to stick to a plan and keep it off. If my weight would start moving with low carb it would be ideal because I have no problem sticking to it at all. That's what makes it so disappointing.
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 11:21

Lightbulb budy.....

lucky you starting menopause so early! i had to wait til 52

i'm so sorry you're having this issue. i was SO skeptical about being able to lose any weight when i started atkins in jan 2015, as i had had my last period july 2014, and i thought "there is just no way i am gonna lose weight while going through menopause!!!"
cuz of course i had heard all the stories

you CAN do it.....it just takes a little more determination & discipline than "normal" (and younger!) people

good luck with the doc! please keep us posted as to what his/her recommendations are for you
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 16:25
Patience Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
now no more flirting with mr. 186....he's old news; time to find a new man a little lower on the totem pole

I'll keep an eye out for him, Chrissie. He's very elusive. LOL I think he's looking for someone younger than 67. LOL
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 16:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Ladies!

I am struggling this week to even get back to my last Saturday CN weight. Still have 2 pounds to go and tomorrow is CN. Well, unless a miracle happens in the morning, I will have my 4th gain since starting CNS 5 months ago.

TOM is 23 days late, so Budy, I feel your pain. I will be 54 in October, so I am so done with more than 40 years of this stuff!! Hope you get some answers when you go to the doc.

Paulette, I wish that I could put my CN off for a few more days too. I have hubs and DS3 doing this with me and they will want CN tomorrow. Sighhhh

Nice job getting back into the 150's Chrissie! I can't wait to join you.

Congrats on the new low, Peggy! I am so excited for you.

Have a great night all
Rox
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 18:00

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
I'll keep an eye out for him, Chrissie. He's very elusive. LOL I think he's looking for someone younger than 67. LOL
haha

oh no he's not....he's looking for YOU