Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: My Own Low Carb Plan
Stats: 230/227/140 Female 5'3"
BF:40.7%/40.2%/24.8%
Progress: 3%
Default Bored Bored Bored

I've been doing Atkins for 2 months now and I find myself eating the same exact things every day. With a small variation here and there. Does anyone know of anywhere that has simple LC recipes and/or any recipes themselves?
I don't want to quit Atkins, but I'm so incredibly bored with the foods that I can eat that I'm debating whether or not to switch to something else.
Please Help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:24

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Why not move to OWL, there are a lot more foods available that you can add past induction. I found after induction I was rarely bored with what I was eating.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Check out the recipe board right here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

There's plenty of great stuff for any taste.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 14:29

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Move to OWL and add some new veggies and maybe some fruits
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 15:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Well, you answered your own question - DON'T eat the same thing all the time!! You need to learn to experiment, and find new recipies - we have an entire forumn dedicated to this, and you can get recipies from the atkins website.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 16:07

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Take a look at the low carb cookbooks that are out now. They're in every book store. They have lots of good recipes.

Squid
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 16:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Definitely check out the recipe forum here. If that's not enough recipes for you, there are also recipes to be found at www.atkins.com and www.lowcarbluxury.com
If you do a web search for low carb recipes, you will probably come up with enough low carb recipes to keep you busy reading (and cooking) for several months. There's really no reason to let yourself get bored with your meals on low carb.
There are also some very good low carb cookbooks on the market as well; look for those written by Dana Carpender. I have one of them and it's full of great recipes; 500 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 18:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

With low carb becoming popular there are literally dozens of new cookbooks coming out. Also online sites are booming. Do a search for low carb recipes. Check out the ones on here like suggested. There is also a site called recipe gold mine that has a ton.

The best cookbook I've found and use regularly is "500 Low-Carb Recipies" by Dana Carpender. She also has a book "!5-Minute Low-Carb Recipies"

I also have the new South beach cookbook, The protien power comfort foods cook book (much of this would be for later OWL), Everyday low carb cooking, extream low-carb cuisine, the ultimate low carb cookbook, the low carb bible, atkins quick and easy cook book, atkins new recipes, low carb sweets, splendid low carb cooking 1 and 2, the fat clush cookbook, protien power, zone perfect meals in minutes, The carbohydrate addicts diet, low carb ideas-good foods, and a few others.

Umm I'm suddenly relizing why my SO is threatening death if I get near a bookstore again...... and that's not including my mystery book series or the entire disc world series I'm hunting down....
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 19:45

Stats: 222/207/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Even before low carb, I was making the same meals week in and week out, were all creatures of habit. Now I just make more of them with meat and less of them with potatoes.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 19:46

BF:

Well really, what I meant was none of them with potatoes. Caught me!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 20:11

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've always enjoyed cooking and am one of those people who can read a cookbook like a novel.
I've made it my own personal challenge to come up with a wide range of recipes that are low carb that my family enjoys also (not an easy task considering that my youngest can be a fairly picky eater).
So far, I have at least a dozen meals that we all like and several more that most of us like.
I attempt to try a new recipe at least once a week or at least come up with a variation on one that we already like.
Be creative! Be adventurous! Try something new once in a while, especially in the vegetable department. You might be surprised at the things you find that you like even if you used to think you didn't.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 16:17

BF:

Cooking & family meals are hard on this plan. Before I was casserole & crock pot queen. Lots of beans, potatoes, anything that could go in one dish. My son came home one night after having dinner with a friend and wanted to tell me about the new thing his friend had at dinner. It was called side dishes!

This way of life requires more cooking and planning then the old one, but it's worth it.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 17:33
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

pjaye - I still do the one dish meals. I will make skillet dishes where everything is cooked in one pan, or make up something and dump everything on a salad. The baby just mushes all her food together anyway
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:38

BF:

Made a one dish meal the other night, based on pizza, I've seen alot of the receipes here similar. Pepperoni, hamburg, cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc. It was really good, and most of all quick and easy.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 01:09

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

pjaye, low-carbing doesn't mean you have to retire the crock pot. We, too, eat a lot of one-dish meals: casseroles, stir-fries, roasts with veggies, crock-potted roasts, etc., etc., etc. The main thing you need to keep in mind is that if you're doing a casserole, there's always a substitute for the starchy stuff--in my case I prefer cauliflower or cabbage. There's also wonderful spinach casserole that uses nothing but chopped spinach, sour cream, cheese, etc. I modified Grandma's old tuna casserole, mixed it up with the spinach casserole and it's just sooooooo yummy! I also love soups made from left-over turkey and veggies. There are just so many great ways to put food together! Imagine minestrone without the carby stuff in it. And yes indeed--we've made pizza casserole a couple of times, too, and that's pretty good.

LOL at the new discovery of side dishes! We have five side dishes in this house and they are: broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage (any way you want to fix it), and salad.